2016 Rate My Team

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 227161

Gents (and ladies) - I have not done supercoach/fantasy etc for nearly 4 years.... but I decided to get back on it this year. I am sure many of you are absolute guns at this, so would happily hear thoughts on my team... go your hardest...
Need Rockliff and/or Ablett in your team. Never ever have Natanui as captain

AFL Fantasy isn't really my game (play Virtualsport DT) so I set up a team for shits and giggles to see how it will go. Obviously not the usual strategy, but im more interested in how many mid price improvers I can correctly pick.

Backs: Heath Shaw, Daniel Rich, Brodie Smith, Tom Sheridan, James Aish, Brendan Whitecross
Centres: Tom Rockliff (c), Dion Prestia, Brad Crouch, Tom Liberatore, Lachie Hunter, Matt Crouch, Ben Kennedy
Rucks: Sam Jacobs, Mark Blicavs
Forwards: Michael Barlow, Mark Lecras, Aaron Hall, Sam Kerridge, Daniel Wells, Daniel Menzel

My main goal was to not have a single rookie on the field
Well I would be surprised if whitecross plays.

This is my first year playing AFL Fantasy, im a Supercoach a player so im still getting my head around the differences. My team started out loosely based on my SC team but as I realised pricing was different it changed quite a bit. Just after some feedback

AF Draft 177.PNG

Heath Shaw ~ Elliot Yeo ~ Tom Sheridan
Jesse Longergan ~ Ryan Harwood ~ ??

Jack Steven ~ Patrick Dangerfield ~ Gary Ablett ~ Tom Rockliff
Matt Crouch ~ Nick Graham ~ Callum Mills ~ Clayton Oliver

Stefan Martin ~ Nic Naitanui

Dustin Martin ~ Michael Barlow ~ Aaron Hall
Sam Kerridge ~ Daniel Wells ~ ??

My team atm, looking like i'll just play whichever sub 200k players are selected at F6 and D6

Last edited:
Okay then, let's try version 2 of an earlier post. Could I get some feedback/thoughts/laughter on this team.

I am overseas for almost the entire season, and have seen nothing of the pre-season, so ideas would be helpful.

Cheers
View attachment 227036

Some good pods there
Mathieson out until round 6 so change him up
Possibly try and squeeze another cash cow

Saw your team
My advice
Few more rookies - you want to be making money and improving your side throughout the year

and select higher ranking premiums (unless you think those guys will rise)

Like your rucks
Sweet - have made some changes... I will send you my most recent team and let me know what you think....

Could use some insight / opinion on my team, not yet 100% happy with it:

Defenders: Shaw, Laird, J. Lonergan, D. Howe, M. Dea, , M. Brown Bench: Broad, Hartley

Midfielders: Rockliff, T. Mitchell, M. Robinson, Duncan, B. Crouch, Wells, Oliver, Mills Bench: Davis, Hewett

Rucks: Martin, Gawn Bench: Currie, Cox

Forwards: Martin, Barlow, S. Gray, Hall, Steele, Kerridge Bench: Kommer, Menadue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gone ultra cheap in defense as I don't see the value of spending there when the likes of Howe and Harwood are likely to average almost as much as most of the guys in the 350-500k bracket. With the lack of decent rooks this season (especially in the mids) and the availability of a lot of low risk midpricers that have looked good in the pre-season, I've pretty much abandoned the old guns and rooks strategy that's served me well for so long. Starting with probably 1 less premo than most, but with only 2 rooks on field across the mids/ruck and fwd line I think this team will score well early on and have some easy mid price > premo trades in a few weeks. Or could all blow up in my face :D

DEF: Shaw, Laird, Howe, Harwood, Dea, Mullett (if named) (Tippa, Hartley)

MID: Rocky, Ablett, Hannerbury, Steven, Hunter, B Crouch, M Crouch, Mills (Menadue, Davis)

RUC: S Martin, Smith (to be confirmed)

FWD: Barlow, Robinson, Hall, Wells, Kerridge, Kennedy (Adams, McCarthy/Kommer)

The one thing I've been toying with is starting with Dusty instead of Hall meaning instead of M Crouch would have an extra rook (most likely Simpkin or Gault) + 50-100k. But I think Hall and M Crouch combined could make more cash than 1 average rook, whilst providing more points in in the first 4-5 rounds than Dusty + Simpkin/Gault. To do this they would only need to average about 90 in the first few weeks which I think is very achievable given their pre-season form.

Please let me know what you think!

Let me know what you guys think.

DEF: H. Shaw, J. Bartell, G. Birchall, D. Howe, M. Dea, R. Harwood (N. Broad, J.Cowan)

MID: B. Ebert, S. Mitchell, J. Redden, M.Crouch, D. Prestia, J. Crisp, D. Parish, C.Mills (B. Macaffer, R. Davis)

RUCK: M. Blicavs, B. McKevoy (D. Currie, M. Cox)

FWD: M. Barlow, M. Robinson, T. Greene, D. Wells, B. Kennedy, N. Kommer (A.McDonald, C. Petracca)

Let me know what you guys think.

DEF: H. Shaw, J. Bartell, G. Birchall, D. Howe, M. Dea, R. Harwood (N. Broad, J.Cowan)

MID: B. Ebert, S. Mitchell, J. Redden, M.Crouch, D. Prestia, J. Crisp, D. Parish, C.Mills (B. Macaffer, R. Davis)

RUCK: M. Blicavs, B. McKevoy (D. Currie, M. Cox)

FWD: M. Barlow, M. Robinson, T. Greene, D. Wells, B. Kennedy, N. Kommer (A.McDonald, C. Petracca)

Pretty unique which I like. Presita is injured and you wont sleep well at night with Ebert as your first midfielder. I would suggest getting at least 2 of Rocky/Ablett/Hanners/Steven in the mids. In the rucks I think 1 of Goldy/S Martin and 1 of Gawn/Smith will serve you better than your current setup. I'd downgrade Birchall to a Lonergan/Sheridan type and Crisp to a Hunter/B Crouch to make these changes. Good luck!

Current lineup. Still trying to tinker a little....

B: H Shaw, Laird, Johannisen, Howe, Weitering, A MacDonald-Tipungwuti - M Adams, C Byrne
M: Dangerfield, Fyfe, Rockliff, Hunter, Hall, M Crouch, Wells, Mills - Gresham, R Davis
R: Goldstein, Gawn - Frost, Currie
F: Martin, Franklin, De Goey, Kerridge, C Daniel, Kommer - Wright, Menadue

Thoughts on my team? Had a few changes in last day!

Remaining salary $2,000

DEF: Shaw, Laird, Houli, Harwood, Dea, M.Adams (Cowan, Ruggles)

MID: Ablett, Hanners, Rocky, T.Adams, Libba, Robinson, B.Kennedy, Macaffer (R.Davis, Menadue)

RUC: Currie (C) , Z.Smith (Cox, S.Martin)

FWD: Martin (VC), Barlow, A.Hall, Wells, Kerridge, McCarthy (Kommer, Sumner)

- Bench players are not locked in, will change depending on selections
- Starting currie, to use Dusty as a Captain if he kills it against Blues
- wondering whether Harwood is worth the hype or try and juggle some cash around to squeeze in a Lonergan(GC) in DEF or someone similar

Love that team nnnvvv. Ridiculous midfield!

I've been struggling to settle on a side this year - usually go the premiums and rookies approach.

Would love some thoughts and advice.

Bench is M. Adams, Hartley, B. Kennedy, R. Davis, Cox, Currie, Kommer, Menadue

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 8
Love that team nnnvvv. Ridiculous midfield!

I've been struggling to settle on a side this year - usually go the premiums and rookies approach.

Would love some thoughts and advice.

Bench is M. Adams, Hartley, B. Kennedy, R. Davis, Cox, Currie, Kommer, Menadue

Thanks mate, I think If i lock in some guns I can focus my trades on rookies and they will guarantee pts for me hopefully :)

Team looks good.
I would try and maybe get Dusty into your FWD? guarantee some good pts with him, saves the hassle

and maybe get in another premo MID? B.Kennedy, Simpkin, Macaffer, Mills i feel too many same price point in your team?

Could use some insight / opinion on my team, not yet 100% happy with it:

Defenders: Shaw, Laird, J. Lonergan, D. Howe, M. Dea, , M. Brown Bench: Broad, Hartley

Midfielders: Rockliff, T. Mitchell, M. Robinson, Duncan, B. Crouch, Wells, Oliver, Mills Bench: Davis, Hewett

Rucks: Martin, Gawn Bench: Currie, Cox

Forwards: Martin, Barlow, S. Gray, Hall, Steele, Kerridge Bench: Kommer, Menadue

Hmm, I have a very similar backline to you. I think this year a lot may ride on whether guys like Lonergan, Howe and Dea can do well in the early rounds. Here's hoping they get named.

Thanks mate, I think If i lock in some guns I can focus my trades on rookies and they will guarantee pts for me hopefully :)

Team looks good.
I would try and maybe get Dusty into your FWD? guarantee some good pts with him, saves the hassle

and maybe get in another premo MID? B.Kennedy, Simpkin, Macaffer, Mills i feel too many same price point in your team?

Thanks mate, much appreciated! I can't tell you how many times I've swapped Martin and Robinson. Will probably go back to Martin and hope he tears it up tomorrow night.

Have probaly changed about a quarter of my team over the last week, hoping I haven't changed to much. Am I the only one who's really fiddling around these last few days or am I over panicking?!

I finally feel settled, Man I hope we don't get some last minute spanner when the teams are announced though

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Rate My Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back