2016 Rate My Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Barlow is the forward you're looking for in that case. That's a very strong backline, but your rookie picks are a little shaky, especially in the forward line. Having Weitering as D7 is probably a little wasteful, given his price. I'd probably look to downgrade one of your defender premos in order to shore up your forward line, and try to get Kommer and McCarthy onto the bench, where they belong.

Got Ruggles for Laird, which meant I pushed Ah Chee to Franklin, couldn't quite afford Barlow after a few other changes to my midfield. Means I have to start one of McCarthy, Kommer and Adams.

Thoughts would be muchly appreciated! Am super close to going into round one with this depending on rooks.

Defenders:
Heath Shaw, Bachar Houli, Jessie Lonergan, Ryan Harwood, Matthew Dea, Andrew McDonald Tipungwuti (Josh Cowan, Nathan Broad)

Explanation:
Heath Shaw - pretty simple, going to be the number one defender come seasons end.
Bachar Houli - You know what you are going to get, loves a big last quarter, durable. Everyone needs someone like him.
Jessie Lonergan - My midprice gamble that will get more time in the midfield this year as shown in the NAB Challenge, could change to Tommy Sheridan however.
Ryan Harwood, Matt Dea, Tippa - Simply the best looking defender rookies, starting them all on the field is a risk that I am willing to take.

Midfielders:
Tom Rockliff, Garry Ablett, Jack Macrae, Callan Ward, Joel Selwood, Matt Crouch, Clayton Oliver, Callum Mills (Josh Dunkley, Ryan Davis)

Explanation:
Rocky and GAJ - Both under injury clouds but they are dead set guns, no point wasting a trade to get them providing they are named round one.
Jack Macrae - Part of the next bread of fantasy pigs coming through, I can see him averaging 110 this year with Libba back.
Callan Ward - Owned by just over 1%, I can see him leading from the front and getting off to a great start.
Joel Selwood: A gun who could explode this year with help of danger. Can see a 110+ average on the cards.
Matt Crouch - preseason hype? I think he will thrive under the departure of Danger.
Rookies - Not locked in as yet.

Ruckman:
Stefan Martin, Zac Smith (Daniel Currie, Mason Cox)

Explanation:
Zac Smith: I can see him averaging 85 this year feeding Danger and Jelwood with the pill, will thrive knowing that he has names like these under his palms at ruck contests.
Rookies are stock standard.

Forwards:
Dustin Martin, Michael Barlow, Aaron Hall, Sam Kerridge, Daniel Wells, Jonathon Simpkin (Connor Menadue, Lincoln McCarthy)

Explanation:
Aaron Hall: Will thrive under the midfield time, looks the real deal.
Rookies: Not locked in apart from Kerridge and Wells.

Full team with my predicted averages:
Defenders: Heath Shaw (102), Bachar Houli (92), Jessie Lonergan (83), Ryan Harwood (68), Matthew Dea (66), Andrew McDonald Tipungwuti (64), (Josh Cowan (53), Nathan Broad(61),)

Midfielders:
Tom Rockliff (118), Garry Ablett (114), Jack Macrae (109), Callan Ward (107), Joel Selwood (111), Matt Crouch (89), Clayton Oliver (74), Callum Mills (76), (Josh Dunkley (65) , Ryan Davis (62),)

Ruckman:
Stefan Martin (115), Zac Smith (85), (Daniel Currie (48), Mason Cox (43),)

Forwards:
Dustin Martin (106), Michael Barlow (108), Aaron Hall (93), Sam Kerridge (79), Daniel Wells (83), Jonathon Simpkin (67), (Connor Menadue (63), Lincoln McCarthy (54),)

Great team and I like how you posted up your thought process also :thumbsu:

I really like Shiel for the price. He was on my shortlist but didn't quite make it in.
Nice to see Hall in someone elses midfield. I always feel like I've got to try a squeeze DPP mids into their other positions :confused:

Seeing Titch in quite a few teams and not sure why I haven't considered him. He's a beast - the last quarter of last year he was like 130+. Mind tricks with me remembering him as a cheap player with fwd status and bizarre JS. Surely he's locked in the 1's now?

I like the premo + mid price ruck structure, despite it burning lots of people in the past I've managed to do pretty well. I've got Smith in my team atm. Had Stef + Jacobs originally. Fingers crossed Goldy gets off to a slow start and we can swoop on him when the time is right.

Danger has been in and out of my team. Cannot make up my mind on him and it's driving me nuts.
Thanks mate. I think we can finally be confident in Titch's JS, he's earnt a secure place in the Swans best 22. The amount of TOG he spends down forward is my real concern, I've recently freed up some cash from swapping some rookies and am now considering turning him into a much safer Hanneberry.

What be absolutely ideal for Smith to start the season really, really well make us some money and move him on to a Jacobs or Goldy with-in the first 6-8 rounds, not a long term player just there to help with the structures of the rest of the team and make some money.
Quality post. Ill try and produce something half as good when the season starts.

I love the defence. I mean really!!! Perfect balance. I have Houli & Laird so I cant help you there. I think that Hartley is the only player I would not select. He will be a supercoach scorer. I dont see him getting over a 50ish average.

Quality Mids. I would never choose Titch at his price but I can see why people do. He has a bigger upside then most but at his price point, you need the player guaranteed the role. Could pay off really well though.

Rucks. I am going 2 premo's but Martin is a no brainer and Smith played quality in the NAB.

Forwards, please dont start Brown. You have a good forward line but Brown I dont think will be a good scorer. Personally I would move A. Mcdon (long fn name) to f6, drop M.Brown and have Dea at D6. you would then have 20/30 extra K and in my opinion a better scorer.

Overall a really good team. You have a good mix of PODs and the recognised stars. My post is nit picking the parts that I notice, but I reckon that team can go up the rankings!!!
Thank you mate.

Since posting this team I've actually already moved on Mitch Brown and I did exactly what you'd suggested haha. Appreciate the response matey!

Thoughts would be muchly appreciated! Am super close to going into round one with this depending on rooks.

Defenders:
Heath Shaw, Bachar Houli, Jessie Lonergan, Ryan Harwood, Matthew Dea, Andrew McDonald Tipungwuti (Josh Cowan, Nathan Broad)

Midfielders:
Tom Rockliff, Garry Ablett, Jack Macrae, Callan Ward, Joel Selwood, Matt Crouch, Clayton Oliver, Callum Mills (Josh Dunkley, Ryan Davis)

Ruckman:
Stefan Martin, Zac Smith (Daniel Currie, Mason Cox)

Forwards:
Dustin Martin, Michael Barlow, Aaron Hall, Sam Kerridge, Daniel Wells, Jonathon Simpkin (Connor Menadue, Lincoln McCarthy)
A good post and a good looking side mate, the three rookies at the back is something I've considered myself. With the three at the back and so many of the rookies sub 150k looking set to miss Round 1 selection are you concerned you may have very limited back up to playing the three rookies on the field?

What a different midfield, in all honesty quite risky but I actually really like it. Good on you for having the balls to be so different. Ablett appears to just about be a POD for a lot of starting line ups now, we all know what he's capable though. Selwood is the same, had a poor season last year and has had some injury concerns but he dominated the in the Geelong VFL game yesterday and will just about have a completely different midfield around him this season. For whatever reason Macrae's name hasn't came up a whole lot this year, averaged 104.3 in 2014 and 104.4 last season so you know exactly what you're going to get but he's only 21 and will be entering his 4th season of AFL so his potential and celing is so high. I'm almost talking myself into getting him haha. The Callan Ward selection is probaly your biggest POD through out the whole team, an iteresting selection but with GWS expected to take that next step and him now having a lot more mature and more experienced players around him I can see why you've picked him.

I know you said your rookies aren't set but it appears Dunkley will have struggle to knuckle down a regular spot in the Dogs packed young midfield. You swap him for Kommer and move Menadue from your foward line to midfield, pick up an extra 35k. Whilst Kommer doesn't have the scoring potential of Dunkley he does have a very good job security and for a bench player playing every week is the first thing you can ask for.

Overall a very good team and I'm a big fan of what you've done with your midfield.

A good post and a good looking side mate, the three rookies at the back is something I've considered myself. With the three at the back and so many of the rookies sub 150k looking set to miss Round 1 selection are you concerned you may have very limited back up to playing the three rookies on the field?

What a different midfield, in all honesty quite risky but I actually really like it. Good on you for having the balls to be so different. Ablett appears to just about be a POD for a lot of starting line ups now, we all know what he's capable though. Selwood is the same, had a poor season last year and has had some injury concerns but he dominated the in the Geelong VFL game yesterday and will just about have a completely different midfield around him this season. For whatever reason Macrae's name hasn't came up a whole lot this year, averaged 104.3 in 2014 and 104.4 last season so you know exactly what you're going to get but he's only 21 and will be entering his 4th season of AFL so his potential and celing is so high. I'm almost talking myself into getting him haha. The Callan Ward selection is probaly your biggest POD through out the whole team, an iteresting selection but with GWS expected to take that next step and him now having a lot more mature and more experienced players around him I can see why you've picked him.

I know you said your rookies aren't set but it appears Dunkley will have struggle to knuckle down a regular spot in the Dogs packed young midfield. You swap him for Kommer and move Menadue from your foward line to midfield, pick up an extra 35k. Whilst Kommer doesn't have the scoring potential of Dunkley he does have a very good job security and for a bench player playing every week is the first thing you can ask for.

Overall a very good team and I'm a big fan of what you've done with your midfield.
Thanks for the fantastic feedback, Tradespert. The midfield may or may not pay off at the end of the day, however at worst these players will average 90 so its much more worth pick premium midfielders as PODS in my opinion. :)

Thoughts on my team?

B: Shaw - Laird - Baguley - Lonergan - Broad - Dea (McDonald - Hartley)

C: Dangerfield - Rockliff - Ablett - Shiel - M.Crouch - Mills - Macaffer - L.Weller (Menadue - Davis)

R: Martin - Gawn (Cox - Currie)

F: Barlow - Robinson - Billings - De Goey - Steele - Kerridge (Kommer - Howard)

I also have a remaining 37,000 left in the bank. Feedback on my team would be much appreciated. Thankyou :)

DREAM TEAM round 1 2016.JPG

17k in the bank

thoughts?

Main thought is one too many mid pricers in the FWD line and a weak backline worries me

AFL Fantasy isn't really my game (play Virtualsport DT) so I set up a team for shits and giggles to see how it will go. Obviously not the usual strategy, but im more interested in how many mid price improvers I can correctly pick.

Backs: Heath Shaw, Daniel Rich, Brodie Smith, Tom Sheridan, James Aish, Brendan Whitecross
Centres: Tom Rockliff (c), Dion Prestia, Brad Crouch, Tom Liberatore, Lachie Hunter, Matt Crouch, Ben Kennedy
Rucks: Sam Jacobs, Mark Blicavs
Forwards: Michael Barlow, Mark Lecras, Aaron Hall, Sam Kerridge, Daniel Wells, Daniel Menzel

My main goal was to not have a single rookie on the field

Okay then, let's try version 2 of an earlier post. Could I get some feedback/thoughts/laughter on this team.

I am overseas for almost the entire season, and have seen nothing of the pre-season, so ideas would be helpful.

Cheers
upload_2016-3-21_23-13-1.png

Okay then, let's try version 2 of an earlier post. Could I get some feedback/thoughts/laughter on this team.

I am overseas for almost the entire season, and have seen nothing of the pre-season, so ideas would be helpful.

Cheers
View attachment 227036

Petracca and Bennell wont play round 1....try Simpkin and Barlow as swaps
and Yeo hasn't got near the pill in pre-season, and rooks - keep an eye on the selection table

AFL Fantasy isn't really my game (play Virtualsport DT) so I set up a team for shits and giggles to see how it will go. Obviously not the usual strategy, but im more interested in how many mid price improvers I can correctly pick.

Backs: Heath Shaw, Daniel Rich, Brodie Smith, Tom Sheridan, James Aish, Brendan Whitecross
Centres: Tom Rockliff (c), Dion Prestia, Brad Crouch, Tom Liberatore, Lachie Hunter, Matt Crouch, Ben Kennedy
Rucks: Sam Jacobs, Mark Blicavs
Forwards: Michael Barlow, Mark Lecras, Aaron Hall, Sam Kerridge, Daniel Wells, Daniel Menzel

My main goal was to not have a single rookie on the field

I like it. In practice I'd be nervous with that many mid-pricers. Might be better to turn some of them into sure-thing top 10's and get some more cash generating rookies in. For shits and giggles though - :thumbsu:

I think DblCrouch and BroSmith will serve you well.

fantasy team.jpg

Gents (and ladies) - I have not done supercoach/fantasy etc for nearly 4 years.... but I decided to get back on it this year. I am sure many of you are absolute guns at this, so would happily hear thoughts on my team... go your hardest...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 226871

17k in the bank

thoughts?

Main thought is one too many mid pricers in the FWD line and a weak backline worries me

I really like your team! Although I would get a rookie instead of Steele and maybe upgrade Brodie Smith as I think he won't be racking up the high scores with the tough starts.

Do you think Ollie Wines will score high? I think you'll be better upgrading to Ebert :)

apart from my general distrust for Wells, I like it.
I reckon the seed will have some quiet quarters as teams flip flop between him and Smith with a stopper.

Wells is cheap for his price , plus he will play in the midfield.

In terms with Seedsman , he will be playing on the wing mostly and I think he can rack the disposals and maybe average 75+ this year. I would chose Smith but he will get extra attention with Danger gone. Also I prefer Seedsman over Lonergan and Sheridan

After a few thoughts on this team.

DEF: Shaw,Laird,Roberton,Cutler,Harwood,Dea (Broad,Hartley)
MID: Steven,Ablett,Rockliff,Neale,B.Crouch,Oliver,Mills,Gresham (Menadue,Davis)
RUC: Martin,Gawn (Currie,Cox)
FWD: Martin,Barlow,Hall,Kerridge,Wells,Tipungwuti (Kommer,McCarthy)

$10,000 in the bank

I really like your team! Although I would get a rookie instead of Steele and maybe upgrade Brodie Smith as I think he won't be racking up the high scores with the tough starts.

Do you think Ollie Wines will score high? I think you'll be better upgrading to Ebert :)

thanks, thinking if anything side/downgrade Smith. He is probably the one i'm least sure about.

I think Ollie will crack the 100 average and at the end of the year be my M7/M8. Like having a POD across all the lines. Also explains Steele sorta just think he will be able to crack that 80 average what will be enough to stay in my Fwd line hopefully at F6.

thoughts on my team? pretty keen to hear your opinions on it.

i have 12k left in the bank for Menadue in case Hewett doesn't get selected round 1.

Attachments

• Final DT.png
    Final DT.png
    95.7 KB · Views: 8
thanks, thinking if anything side/downgrade Smith. He is probably the one i'm least sure about.

I think Ollie will crack the 100 average and at the end of the year be my M7/M8. Like having a POD across all the lines. Also explains Steele sorta just think he will be able to crack that 80 average what will be enough to stay in my Fwd line hopefully at F6.

Cheaper option: Seedsman as he is close to 40 k cheaper and I think he will be influential as he will be playing on the wing. Compared to Smith who will mostly get tagged. Expensive option: Johannisen would be the other option as Bulldogs like to play a fast tempo game which suits his style of game and they play their first few games at Ethiad which helps heaps.

Unless you put Steele into the midfield and take Crowley out? As I can't see Crowley scoring highly.

thoughts on my team? pretty keen to hear your opinions on it.

i have 12k left in the bank for Menadue in case Hewett doesn't get selected round 1.

I wouldn't put two crows midfielders in the squad , I prefer Matt Crouch if I had to choose one of the brothers.

Also I wouldn't play Cutler as I can't see him scoring highly at all.

View attachment 227161

Gents (and ladies) - I have not done supercoach/fantasy etc for nearly 4 years.... but I decided to get back on it this year. I am sure many of you are absolute guns at this, so would happily hear thoughts on my team... go your hardest...
Pretty good team. My one overriding bit of advice would be to pick players who who are playing around the ball, rather than KPPs and forward pockets.
Ben Kennedy, Jarryd Lyons, Jonathan Simpkin- all will have more opportunities to score than Darcy Moore. Likewise Aaron Hall, Liberatore or Duncan over Walters, Betts and JJK. Anderson hasn't scored well in pre-season either.
Maybe try and get some of the absolute best premiums in each line. I have Stef Martin, Dusty, Steven, Rocky and Heath Shaw as they are the best and most reliable players in their lines IMO. Good luck with your season.

Hi Guys, any tips / advice would be great.

Bcks: M.Boyd B.Houli R.Laird J.Weitering
J.Wagner M.brown (ess) subs: B.Rice M.Adams

Mids: P.Dangerfield G.Ablett D.Hannebery R.Gray T.Rockliff C.Menadue J.Gresham C.Petracca
Subs: R.Mathieson H.Balic M.Hibberd

Rucks: M.Blicavs K.Tippett sub: M.cox

Fwds: L.Montagna D.Martin D.Zorko J.Anderson W.Hoskin-Elliott S.Kerridge
Subs: M.Jones (Melb) J.Silvagni

Bit uncertain on my rookies and Tippett in the ruck is a bit of a risk

Cheers
Wasting bench space on non-players.
Rice, Balic and Silvagni would be very unlikely to play. Not sure why everyone has Cox, would only get a game with multiple injuries

Pretty good team. My one overriding bit of advice would be to pick players who who are playing around the ball, rather than KPPs and forward pockets.
Ben Kennedy, Jarryd Lyons, Jonathan Simpkin- all will have more opportunities to score than Darcy Moore. Likewise Aaron Hall, Liberatore or Duncan over Walters, Betts and JJK. Anderson hasn't scored well in pre-season either.
Maybe try and get some of the absolute best premiums in each line. I have Stef Martin, Dusty, Steven, Rocky and Heath Shaw as they are the best and most reliable players in their lines IMO. Good luck with your season.
Thanks bro - appreciate the tips ! Might make some changes tomorrow

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Rate My Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back