List Mgmt. 2016 re-signing mission accomplished!

Remove this Banner Ad

Realistically, Darcy is pretty much a fringe player in the (equal) bottom team, and I believe he would really struggle to get a senior game if he were to go to Geelong. In my view, I saw little difference between him and Hugh Beasley - same size; Darcy a closer checker; Hugh faster and better out of defence. I figured there wasn't room for both of them and it wouldn't have worried me which one went.

If Darcy was to be traded, I'd be tempted to re-pick Beasley - he'd come much cheaper!

Hopefully, Darcy stays and shows some upside.

Especially with Merrett retired I'd have Darcy as one of the first chosen. He's our only defender who can actually defend. Can play small and tall better than anyone on our list as well. He'd have a career at any club although in the short term Geelong do have a stacked back 6.

Especially with Merrett retired I'd have Darcy as one of the first chosen. He's our only defender who can actually defend. Can play small and tall better than anyone on our list as well. He'd have a career at any club although in the short term Geelong do have a stacked back 6.
I hope Gardiner improves his technique, if he plays every game next year as a key defense player he will break the AFL record for most free kicks coincided,

Realistically, Darcy is pretty much a fringe player in the (equal) bottom team, and I believe he would really struggle to get a senior game if he were to go to Geelong. In my view, I saw little difference between him and Hugh Beasley - same size; Darcy a closer checker; Hugh faster and better out of defence. I figured there wasn't room for both of them and it wouldn't have worried me which one went.

If Darcy was to be traded, I'd be tempted to re-pick Beasley - he'd come much cheaper!

Hopefully, Darcy stays and shows some upside.
I think there's a fair difference between Gardiner and Beasley.

I hope Gardiner improves his technique, if he plays every game next year as a key defense player he will break the AFL record for most free kicks coincided,

Couldnt't agree more! Love Gardiner's attack on the contest and enthusiasm but he has absolutely zero poise or composure.
If he can't arrest these problems then it's hard to see him having a future at the club.

That describes half of our list.
True. Yet even so Gardiner's clumsiness manages to stand out more than others.

Consistently loses one on ones due to stupid or undisciplined frees or by silly mistakes like losing his feet. Not saying he can't fix this part of his game but he can be hard to watch at times currently.

Couldnt't agree more! Love Gardiner's attack on the contest and enthusiasm but he has absolutely zero poise or composure.
If he can't arrest these problems then it's hard to see him having a future at the club.

A just turned 21 year old defender who has spent last / this season trying to repel nearly 70 entries into our D50 with not one quality experienced defender around him...can't think of a harder gig in the AFL o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A just turned 21 year old defender who has spent last / this season trying to repel nearly 70 entries into our D50 with not one quality experienced defender around him...can't think of a harder gig in the AFL o_O

Maybe playing key fwd in the same team and trying to kick a competitive score from 30 less inside 50s per game? ;)

Incredibly tough gig and perhaps I am too harsh with my criticism of him but I just don't see the kinds of mistakes that he consistently makes from the likes of our other young and inexperienced defenders Andrews, Cutler, Mcstay and Clarke (before he retired).
The players I listed do make errors when disposing of the ball and Mcstay does often get caught out of position but they are far more composed than Gardiner and don't give away nearly as many frees due to sloppy spoiling, tackling etc in the contest.

Happy days guys, Dizzy will sign in the next couple of days!
Hope you are right, you American Psycho, you.
christian-bale-american-psycho-gif-i3.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 re-signing mission accomplished!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back