2016 Rising Stars Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

I say Moore would get 1 early and Be a Good Chance to win the Award

I'd say you may well be right. Every chance to be a stand-out this year.
Corey Ellis may get a good run at things also.

One I'd keep a particular eye on.....if he gets a run....would be Mills.....and Hopper, of course,

Boekhorst is a better chance at winning the award than Laverde.

lel

I'm expecting to see more of Boekhorst & Laverde in 2016. as for who the better player is right now is unclear but would like to see both players contend for the award

I'm expecting to see more of Boekhorst & Laverde in 2016. as for who the better player is right now is unclear but would like to see both players contend for the award

Boekhurst can't contend for it.

Just wondering

What's so special about Ellis?

Just looks a standard safe midfield rotation type, he'll have to improve significantly to get the crucial midfield time he needs to win this award imo, does he have any weapons or point of differences to others?
Most years it does take special talent and a point of difference to make it, but if it's not Moore I don't feel too confident about any of the other talls. Who else will hold down a key position spot all year?

So it might be a midfielder and then unless anyone jumps out his combination of quality foot skills and good all round game might see him in with a chance.

He's my 3rd pick behind Moore and Mills and I just think he's good value.

Most years it does take special talent and a point of difference to make it, but if it's not Moore I don't feel too confident about any of the other talls. Who else will hold down a key position spot all year?

So it might be a midfielder and then unless anyone jumps out his combination of quality foot skills and good all round game might see him in with a chance.

He's my 3rd pick behind Moore and Mills and I just think he's good value.
Takes more than that to win one normally though, screams to me of an Aish MK2 or a Duggan MK2 etc who are good at what they do but don't really excel in any one skill/position as yet.

Look at previous midfielders to win like O'Meara, Hannebery, Heppell, Rich etc, these guys had flair or were generally damaging forward of centre, or had both of these qualities

Unless you're a Champion Data poster boy heavily endorsed by David King or something like that, it will take more than just a good all round game to win imo.

Nathan Freeman at $41 seems ridiculous overs, i woukd have him on the front line with Petracca.
Yeah, if he gets through the preseason without any major setbacks and plays most of the games next year I would think he's a much better bet than almost everyone else who is eligible. Having 3 AFL preseasons under his belt (and a big tank to begin with) and a well and truly AFL-ready body (like Hogan did this year, in both instances) would be a big advantage on most of the field. Just as long as he remembers how to play footy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've got a pretty settled and experienced midfield but if Trent Dumont gets games he'll do well.

Second year, played a lot of SANFL before getting drafted and showed he was up to it in his limited (sub) opportunities last year.

Might not be as talented as some new top draftees but got a lot more development in the senior system under his belt.

3rd year?

Also going with McLean for the dogs. Was fantastic in the VFL then when he got his chance in the AFL he came on as sub first game and instantly looked at home then in his 2nd and 3rd games racked up 20+ touches before doing his shoulder. I honestly rate him up with Bonts, Stringer, Libba, Macrae etc for most talented on our list. He can do it all.

Nathan Freeman at $41 seems ridiculous overs, i woukd have him on the front line with Petracca.

Based on what logic? Freeman was a raw prospect who wasn't expected to have an immediate impact when he was drafted. After suffering a multitude of injury setbacks he still presents to me as a bloke who has a lot to learn before he has anything resembling consistent impact at AFL.

Petracca, Gresham (if he gets 16+ games lock him in) or perhaps even Mitch Hibberd if he plays.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Rising Stars Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back