2016 Trade/FA discussion (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

19 & Hanley for Pick 8?
No. 19 and 21 will net good prospects.

GC will want/need pick 8 if they want to match a bid on Bowes with a single pick. I believe this is one aspect of the up coming draft that people may not be factoring in for academy clubs that will need to match high bids on their players. No club will want to use multiple picks in matching a bid for academy or father son kids now.

4 picks in the top 30 will be great. Allison and Watson to round out our draft. The vibe seems to be guys were getting games based on their perceived talent. That's got to change to just picking the 22 based on form and team balance. Let talented players learn to earn the Guernsey and win games in the NEAFL (swans and giants).

Roosy spent the first 24 months drilling defence into Melbourne and in their third year their fans were daring to dream about the finals. I just think if we roll out Rockliff and Hanley this year the club is excepting to finish in the bottom 4 again. We have the talent to take 4 top 30 players, keep our experienced mids and start crawling back up next year.

You're looking 1 year ahead. I asked to look 5 years ahead.

We'll have to wait until the end of the trade period, but we're a bottom 4 team with Hanley and Rockliff on the team next year any way.

I know it's only early days but I like what I'm seeing from Noble. Already seems like a clearer direction list management wise in regards to the 'it's all about talent and strategy' and the 'three year plan'. He hasn't said exactly to the world this is what we are doing and being totally open and I like that. I reckon he would be pulling most of the strings behind the doors with everything that's going on.

We set the upper limit, they set the lower and we meet halfway.
We have the only quality player that wants to go to them and he's contracted. It has to be pick 8. I wouldn't mind also paying some of Hanley's salary to get the deal done. They have Ah Chee, May, Swallow, Martin, Thompson, and Wright coming out of contract next year.

I know it's only early days but I like what I'm seeing from Noble. Already seems like a clearer direction list management wise in regards to the 'it's all about talent and strategy' and the 'three year plan'. He hasn't said exactly to the world this is what we are doing and being totally open and I like that. I reckon he would be pulling most of the strings behind the doors with everything that's going on.
Well, at least it's not a 5 year plan. Still, anything that sound like something the list mangler would say is never encouraging.

Bullish.t offer. Tell the crosstown vultures,the lion is still alive, not dead yet and get back to us when they want to get real!!!!!!!!

I am sick and tired of other clubs treating us like a doormat

Cotter101 ,his form is related to his , could not give a f..k attitude. He is a gun as simple as that. And their offer ,is wanting to take us , for a bunch of mugs ,who are that desperate to take anything. They can F..k off. I fully support your thinking though,there r a few things in our favour ,one straight away, is we r going to stand up and tell F..Kers like that we r not dumb and stupid.second he is contracted.

Stop trying to avoid the swear filter, BTW. BigFooty as a whole frowns on that.

Stop trying to avoid the swear filter, BTW. BigFooty as a whole frowns on that.

It's the Trump Effect. Apparently if it is good enough for a US presidential candidate to grab them by the .... then everyone is off the leash. Never heard that word bandied around so many times in my life (not in relation to cats) as in the last few days.

You're looking 1 year ahead. I asked to look 5 years ahead.

We'll have to wait until the end of the trade period, but we're a bottom 4 team with Hanley and Rockliff on the team next year any way.

Well it was meant to read more of a 3 year plan. 2 years coming back up the ladder with finals a chance in the third year. I can't predict 5 years from now. Having the same coach going into the 2021 season would probably be a good sign lol
The key to me is to not lose players we don't have to. We need to keep the guys who can play instead of trying to blood a whole bunch of new faces at once.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the Trump Effect. Apparently if it is good enough for a US presidential candidate to grab them by the .... then everyone is off the leash. Never heard that word bandied around so many times in my life (not in relation to cats) as in the last few days.
Well trump had to use that word given he was already talking to a Bush ;)

If we got 14 for Hanley after the year he's just had Id take it and move on.

Always thought pick 8 was overs for him.

Ha lucky u aren't doing our trades then (( : the guys a gun who put the que in the rack for the year. Up and about his top 30 in the entire league.

Ha lucky u aren't doing our trades then (( : the guys a gun who put the que in the rack for the year. Up and about his top 30 in the entire league.
If every player is up and about and at their best, Hanley is not in the best 30 in the league. Not in my opinion anyway

Well it was meant to read more of a 3 year plan. 2 years coming back up the ladder with finals a chance in the third year. I can't predict 5 years from now. Having the same coach going into the 2021 season would probably be a good sign lol
The key to me is to not lose players we don't have to. We need to keep the guys who can play instead of trying to blood a whole bunch of new faces at once.
If we kept Hanley and Rocky, do you believe we already have the players on our list to push for a top 8 spot in 3 years time, and that the natural progression of our youngsters would be the tipping point to get us there?

Because from my view, we are 3 quality mature forwards, 3 quality mature backs and a young maturing quality ruck away from being in that position, and that is counting on the most optimistic progression for the likes of Schache, Hipwood, McStay and Gardiner in that time as well.

I don't see those 7 payers requesting trades to Brisbane over the next 3 seasons.

I have said it before, if we just keep gong to the draft with our own draft picks, all we will be doing is just regenerating our list each year, as we replace retiring and delisted players with young kids via the draft.

I rate Scheer ahead of Bowes and GC have him too.

I am nowhere near as high on Bowes as many. He takes too much time off and does not put in the effort consistently enough for me. I worry about Rocket having a coronary coaching him next year.
I know where you're coming from, but I can't say I'm with you on this one Quigs. The concerns you raised are valid, and I think they're the major concerns of most clubs, but there's too many good traits. If he adapts to the running side of AFL footy I think everything else projects nicely.

Ive got questions on how Scheers style of play translates to playing midfield at AFL level.

Hawks
O'mera
1Pick in 20s

GC
McAvoy
Hanley

Lions
Hartung
Langford
Pick in the 20s

^ based off what I've heard the Hawks are willing to part with, I could see something like this being viable. Not sure ofthe picks involved, but player wise would definitely be possible from my understanding (what the Hawks are looking to move on).

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Trade/FA discussion (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back