2016 Trade Hypotheticals (Opposition supporters post here)

Balls on the line, who you moving on......

• Rocky

Votes: 75 42.1%
  • Pearce

Votes: 82 46.1%
  • Rich

Votes: 21 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the top draftees are so evenly matched that going down to #4 shouldn't impact things greatly. What it adds is two more picks in the top 10, which should have us well on the way to strengthening the side, especially considering the spread of talent at the pointy end of this draft.

Hey guys just interested to know what you think it would take to get Rocky to the crows? Would CEY and our 1st rounder this year be a good start?
Edit: just read that post a couple above where it says Rocky and a 2nd for two of 4,6 or 8,I'll see myself out!!

Hey guys just interested to know what you think it would take to get Rocky to the crows? Would CEY and our 1st rounder this year be a good start?
Edit: just read that post a couple above where it says Rocky and a 2nd for two of 4,6 or 8,I'll see myself out!!

pick 2, Rocky and our 2nd.

Which probably relies on GC being desperate for senior players

I don't know if we can trade Rockliff and not get a mature player coming into our side. Sure we need early picks but do we want to get younger again. I am torn on this TBH.

I'd counter that by aggressively chasing quality mature leaders with a bit of footy left in them such as Bartel.

Others about: Firrito may be past it. Dal Santo I'm on the fence about. Scott Thompson or Van Berlo from the Crows if they could actually contribute another year on field and would be a good fit to guide our youngsters. Enright would be fantastic but won't leave the Cats. Boomer is always about Boomer. Not a good fit to our young side. Will be great in another team that is more settled and just need firepower. Not sure which other classy older players would be a good fit? Bartel would be a fantastic get. Play him anywhere on the park, all class and professionalism. Would be sensational around the club for the kids to learn a few things about improving their craft.

I'd counter that by aggressively chasing quality mature leaders with a bit of footy left in them such as Bartel.

Others about: Firrito may be past it. Dal Santo I'm on the fence about. Scott Thompson or Van Berlo from the Crows if they could actually contribute another year on field and would be a good fit to guide our youngsters. Enright would be fantastic but won't leave the Cats. Boomer is always about Boomer. Not a good fit to our young side. Will be great in another team that is more settled and just need firepower. Not sure which other classy older players would be a good fit? Bartel would be a fantastic get. Play him anywhere on the park, all class and professionalism. Would be sensational around the club for the kids to learn a few things about improving their craft.
on the main board they have a list of OOC 2017 players (i cant vouch for the accuracy but it says it was updated last week), some of the notable experienced mids are- some who you have mentioned.

Scott Thompson (UFA), Nathan Van Berlo (UFA), Michael Barlow, Jimmy Bartel (UFA), Brendan Whitecross, Tom Mitchell.

few other names on there who may fill a need i wouldn't mind having a look at-

Nathan Hrovat, Mitch Brown (UFA), Toby Nankervis, James Stewart, Jack Steele, Tim Mohr, Tim Downie, Caleb Marchbank, Tom Lonergan (UFA), Corey Enright (UFA), Nathan Vardy, Nathan Brown (UFA), Jarrod Witts, Zach Touhy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forget Bartel moving interstate ... Very close to his family ... His sister just had twins on her own so the family going to be helping her out quite a bit. Couldn't see jimmy making a move to play footy interstate at all.

on the main board they have a list of OOC 2017 players (i cant vouch for the accuracy but it says it was updated last week), some of the notable experienced mids are- some who you have mentioned.

Scott Thompson (UFA), Nathan Van Berlo (UFA), Michael Barlow, Jimmy Bartel (UFA), Brendan Whitecross, Tom Mitchell.

Nathan Hrovat, Mitch Brown (UFA), Toby Nankervis, James Stewart, Jack Steele, Tim Mohr, Tim Downie, Caleb Marchbank, Tom Lonergan (UFA), Corey Enright (UFA), Nathan Vardy, Nathan Brown (UFA), Jarrod Witts, Zach Touhy.
Really like Nathan brown to come in and offer experience on last line. He is underrated I think!

Jack Steele is apparently off to the saints! Another tough ball winner at the saints... Richardson getting rid off softies and putting in hardnuts and ball winners everywhere , still think Rockliff ends up at saints.

Damn. Would be an ideal recruit for us.
The club was good to him when he was injured and he is back in the side now, has settled down. Highly unlikely to see him. Shame good player, we need a good distributor.

Really like Nathan brown to come in and offer experience on last line. He is underrated I think!
strongly agree, i have been pumping him up as an option for a while now. it would be good if we didn't have to go down the trade path for the experienced guys we need and there is a few UFA there who would be great for us. you would more than likely only go 2-3 maximum, if i could pick 3 i would go- Nathan Brown, Mitch Brown and Corey Enright. the cats have shown they are ruthless when it comes to letting older players go and Enright is still playing great footy (in the AA squad) IMO he would be a fantastic option for a 1 or 2 more years in an on field player/coach role then transitioning into as assistant coach role.

Jamie Lewis,if the Hawks bow out early, as we hope they will.

Im happy to be shouted down. But id have cloke in a heart beat. Pick 28 to Collingwood for cloke. More than likely will stay in melbourne. But at 29 gives our boys 2-3 years to turn into men. Offer him 400k. Cheap stop gap. Can take a grab.

Im happy to be shouted down. But id have cloke in a heart beat. Pick 28 to Collingwood for cloke. More than likely will stay in melbourne. But at 29 gives our boys 2-3 years to turn into men. Offer him 400k. Cheap stop gap. Can take a grab.

Averaged less goals than Josh Walker did this season playing in a better side. I'm not sure Cloke offers that much more to waste pick 28 on him.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d2=5&type=A&pid1=3557&pid2=1521&fid1=S&fid2=S

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Trade Hypotheticals (Opposition supporters post here)

Back