2016 Trade Hypotheticals (Opposition supporters post here)

Balls on the line, who you moving on......

• Rocky

Votes: 75 42.1%
  • Pearce

Votes: 82 46.1%
  • Rich

Votes: 21 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

i wouldn't be against giving up our PP (beginning of first round). i would want to keep a pick in the top 3 so i wouldn't trade it if we only had 1 to trade.

what would you say to a deal like this one?

our picks 1 and 20 for your 7, 14, 15 and one of steele/marchbank/barrett.

Same deal as above , you've created a 4 for 2 deal, where we probably dont have the list spots. Especially if we do get a priority pick, it's creates another list spot we need.

We haven't had access to high end talent, I personally hope we don't trade it out for a combination of early mid range talent. My read on the draft at the moment seems to be McCluggage and Brodie as the stand out top 2, SPS and Ainsworth the wild card followed by McGrath. Wouldn't want to lose access to those players just to gain an extra mid range pick.

I'm sure there's other options to get another late first rounder or someone like Steele/Marchbank without compromising that top pick.

You think you'll come last next year?

I hope you guys don't.
Have you been watching our games? Let's see; Bombers get there players back so they'll be fine, Freo will get back Fyfe and restructure their list and have better talent and don't forget this season is an anomaly that really hasn't been seen with them, Carlton have turned the corner and will have another season of teaching via Bolton. I can't really see anyone else being as shite as us next year, sadly! :'(:'(

Have you been watching our games? Let's see; Bombers get there players back so they'll be fine, Freo will get back Fyfe and restructure their list and have better talent and don't forget this season is an anomaly that really hasn't been seen with them, Carlton have turned the corner and will have another season of teaching via Bolton. I can't really see anyone else being as shite as us next year, sadly! :'(:'(
agree, of the sides in the bottom half of the ladder, all have a serious upside for next year apart from maybe the tigers IMO. bar some sort of miracle off season ie. super draft, great run re injury, extraordinary trade?FA period, serous coaching re structure, announcement of new 50 million training/admin base fast tracked to be open for 2018 season, we are a certain bottom 2-3 side again unfortunately.

Way too early to make calls like that. In recent years, plenty of sides have lifted themselves out of the bottom 2 or 3 within a single season. And plenty of sides that thought they were better turn out to be very ordinary.

Holy crap!!!! Thought I had read the most negative blog ever last week until I just read yours just then. WOW. Hope you stay away from sharp objects until you get your meds. LOL

hypothetical-

out- our PP:) (pick 1) + jonathan freeman.

in- nathan fyfe. $5,000,000 over 5 years front loaded.

We've already broken Dayne Beams' shoulder from carrying the team too much... I think we'd snap Fyfe's leg right off after propping the whole team up

Fyfe has broken the same leg twice, too big a risk. Ablett was worth that money for the promotion, Danger didnt get that much from Geelong. Hard to justify paying a mid that much, even though Fyfe when up and going is an absolute gun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn will never accept that, Langford is a much more proven player! A second rounder straight for langford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cupboard is bare at Hawthorn for key position forwards. If they sign O'Meara or Prestia, multiple players will be forced to move on. Hoping to grab Whitecross as a free agent!

The cupboard is bare at Hawthorn for key position forwards. If they sign O'Meara or Prestia, multiple players will be forced to move on. Hoping to grab Whitecross as a free agent!

Still think a straight swap is out of the question!
But yeah Langford could be a good trade bait for Hawthorn

I'd get both if we moved on Rockliff

if rocky is moved on i would assume we would get a relatively high draft pick for him (5-10 range) would rather use that on a high draft pick this year eg. andrew McGrath.

or maybe- rocky to adelaide for CEY and their first pick this year, probably 15-18. mmm unders i think.

if rocky is moved on i would assume we would get a relatively high draft pick for him (5-10 range) would rather use that on a high draft pick this year eg. andrew McGrath.

or maybe- rocky to adelaide for CEY and their first pick this year, probably 15-18. mmm unders i think.
I agree with that we'd want to draft a high quality mid although we wouldn't want to blood in a first year draft pick to replace a seasoned veteran

Christian Salem from Melbourne perhaps? Pick 9 in the 2013 draft. An elite kick with pace. Has had hamstring issues and has struggled to get a game this year but if he gets his body right he will be a very good player either of half back or wing. Dees don't have a first round pick this year and probably would be keen to get another draft pick. Not sure what his value would be - maybe it lies somewhere between mid to late second round. At present he has played 29 games.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Trade Hypotheticals (Opposition supporters post here)

Back