2016 Trade Hypotheticals (Opposition supporters post here)

Balls on the line, who you moving on......

• Rocky

Votes: 75 42.1%
  • Pearce

Votes: 82 46.1%
  • Rich

Votes: 21 11.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think a second was mentioned in the context of a player plus pick. On its own the pick would have to be a first you would think.
And fair enough. If it were a second, what calibre of player would you realistically expect?

And fair enough. If it were a second, what calibre of player would you realistically expect?
The two most recently discussed here were CEY and Charlie Cameron and I would think we would have enquired about Lyons. None seems likely at this stage but there's more to be played out yet.

We are currently besotted with Charlie Cameron. Last week it was CEY. If this is still alive next week, it could be anyone in your 15-25 range.
Can't blame you re Cc. Only reason I think he won't be traded is that without him, we become slow again. CEY looks likely to stay although I can't see him getting a lot of opportunity if Gibbs and rocky come across. Barely got a run this year as it was. Lyons is available. Hes solid. Almost good. Not a world beater though and never will be. Maybe a third club involved?

The two most recently discussed here were CEY and Charlie Cameron and I would think we would have enquired about Lyons. None seems likely at this stage but there's more to be played out yet.
You're welcome to Lyons. He'd do well for you. You wouldn't build a midfield around him but he wouldn't let you down often.

Can't blame you re Cc. Only reason I think he won't be traded is that without him, we become slow again. CEY looks likely to stay although I can't see him getting a lot of opportunity if Gibbs and rocky come across. Barely got a run this year as it was. Lyons is available. Hes solid. Almost good. Not a world beater though and never will be. Maybe a third club involved?
Usually our issue is not whether the player is available but whether they want to come to us - which the better players don't generally. Wonder why.

13 and Lyons for Rocky seems close to the mark. A 3rd club would be needed if that didn't quite match up to your expectations.

Either way, if Rocky is out the door, I doubt we would go Dodoro or Silvagni style in attempting to get the job done.

Usually our issue is not whether the player is available but whether they want to come to us - which the better players don't generally. Wonder why.
We have a similar issue. Continually losing players to the Vic clubs. Think we are turning that around now, but it's been a hard slog

13 and Lyons for Rocky seems close to the mark. A 3rd club would be needed if that didn't quite match up to your expectations.

Either way, if Rocky is out the door, I doubt we would go Dodoro or Silvagni style in attempting to get the job done.
We will likely need the 13 for Gibbs, but rarely right about this stuff. Hoping Carlton cave in!

Anyway fellas. Thanks for the insight. Really hoping things start to come good for your lot. Reckon you've made some really positive noises of late

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will likely need the 13 for Gibbs, but rarely right about this stuff. Hoping Carlton cave in!

If you bring in Gibbs and Rockliff, only losing 13, Lyons and a 2nd or future pick, you may quickly move to flag favourites.

You probably need to wave 13 for Rockliff in the media and get the Blues sweating. Would help us with 13 being a measure for any interest in Rocky.

If you bring in Gibbs and Rockliff, only losing 13, Lyons and a 2nd or future pick, you may quickly move to flag favourites.

You probably need to wave 13 for Rockliff in the media and get the Blues sweating. Would help us with 13 being a measure for any interest in Rocky.
I'd love nothing more than to make those bastards sweat! Get the feeling Rocky's trade value may hinge slightly on his wage... 800k is a lot of coin, but that's channel 7s interpretation

GCS << Hanley and Pick 21
Bris << Pick 8 and 44

Worth pick 17.

Pick 44 gets us Allison. GCS don't need pick 8, as Bowes will consume that pick anyway (we also inform them that we won't bid 3 on Bowes).

Good trade IMO.

GCS << Hanley and Pick 21
Bris << Pick 8 and 44

Worth pick 17.

Pick 44 gets us Allison. GCS don't need pick 8, as Bowes will consume that pick anyway (we also inform them that we won't bid 3 on Bowes).

Wonder if GC would throw in pick 62 (one they will not use) so we can use it for Frost?
Which equates to pick 14 for Hanley.

We then enter the draft with picks, 3, 8, 16, 19, 44 & 78

I like it.

Given Schwab's comments this morning, it wouldn't surprise me to see Brisbane trade down even more to gain multiple picks in the first 20 picks. For example Brisbane give up 3, 21, and Hanley in return for Picks 4, 8, 22, 62 (for Frost). That would give Gold Coast Picks 3, 6 (via Prestia), 21, 24 and 26 (to pay for any Bowes bid after Pick 6).

Brisbane ends up with Picks 4, 8, 16, 19, 22,

No idea how Hawthorn fits in there with the O'Meara trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 Trade Hypotheticals (Opposition supporters post here)

Back