List Mgmt. 2016 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain to me how much hawks gave up for omeara? Is it A 1st, 2×2nd, a 3rd and 2×4th rounds. Is that right? Not to mention Mitchell and Lewis leaving. So basically a whole years worth of picks?? Is that right or did i get it wrong

Can someone explain to me how much hawks gave up for omeara? Is it A 1st, 2×2nd, a 3rd and 2×4th rounds. Is that right? Not to mention Mitchell and Lewis leaving. So basically a whole years worth of picks?? Is that right or did i get it wrong
They sure must hope his knees are good or it will be a bigger bust than Thorp.

Can someone explain the Guthrie jokes going around please. I've obviously missed something.

Pat McKenna looks like Cam Guthrie lol

Maybe that's a good way to go, if there's no such thing as outside speed and class? ;)

If outside speed and class was so important people would have been falling over themselves to get motlop
Brad Hill would have been worth a top 10 pick

If outside speed and class was so important people would have been falling over themselves to get motlop
Brad Hill would have been worth a top 10 pick

Easy Tiger, was just a little joke.

But, outside speed and class is important (hence not wanting to play a team made up of all inside mids).

The reason Motlop didn't find a new home is because he's lazy, inconsistent and can't perform in finals. Hill is a so-so player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we turned:
8, 29, 48, 66, 84, 102, 120, 138.
Into:
Weiderman (2015), Hibberd, Lewis, McKenna, 47, 69, 84, 102, 120, 138.

Basically traded 29 for Hibberd, Lewis, & McKenna, cut Dunny & still have Melksham coming in after sitting out 2015.

Made out like bandits.
When you put it that way it's almost unbelievable. We literally traded Dunn and moving back 4 spots in the 4th round for Jordan Lewis. What the flying ****.

From Afl.com.au's trade assessment:

In: Jordan Lewis (Hawthorn), Michael Hibberd (Essendon), Pat McKenna (GWS), picks 47 and 69
Out: Lynden Dunn, picks 29, 48 and 66

Win: Midfield experience and leadership, half-back class
Lose: A second-round draft pick

2016 draft picks: 47, 69, 84, 102

What couldn’t they get done?
A highly targeted trade period, the Demons weren't active around many deals. They didn't emerge with a ruckman, which will likely be a draft priority.

Nathan Schmook’s verdict
There is a sense the Demons are readying themselves for a big 2017 and the acquisition of Lewis from Hawthorn underlines that. The fire-sale price they nabbed him for (minor slides in the third and fourth rounds) means they didn't compromise their drafting at a time when they are bringing a lot of young talent through together. Hibberd was a fair deal, bringing in another experienced player who will help them jump into finals.

Rating: A-

I feel like hawthorn basically dumped all their eggs into Jaeger's basket. Which is fine if he' 100% fit next year (because he is simply a gun..... the fact media creamed all over Cripps the following year is hilarious, because Jaeger is bettter).

Problem is, if Vickery is so, so..... and if Jaegar gets another knee issue or can't play at least 18 rounds a year, then i'll say that Hawthorn have grossly mismanaged themselves and shat the bed. On top of that, the :sacrifice salaray for success" culture is officially gone until they hit another GF

They gave us an A-
Terry Wallace gave us a B.
He had the following teams ahead of us:
Freo
GWS
StKilda
West Coast
Carlton
Richmond
--------------------------
FoxSports gave us 8/10:
Champion Data says:
“They’ve done a great job in turning this midfield around. You look at their midfield brigade, how are you fitting them all into your midfield? It’s almost like the Bulldogs, where even their best midfielders could only be spending 70 per cent of the time in there. Hibberd is a great player, the player they’ve lacked over the last couple of years.”

Chris Pelchen says:
“If you’ve got a dollar, I’d get it on the Demons for the finals next year. Their numbers, from a team point of view, are very, very good. Their midfield is coming along beautifully. I’m really happy with how this side is coming together. While they’re out of the draft, I think they’ve improved their list.”

Grade: 8/10

Teams above that were:
Freo 9/10
Richmond 8.5/10

--------------------------

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back