2017 Commentary Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Spud will learn what BT learnt - they're good but they're good when there are ring leaders ahead of them JB- Spud trying to make SEN sound like MMM will be equally as bad as AW and BT. Garry is a brilliant analyst and when he genuinely likes the people he is also a brilliant broadcaster (Sam/JB) it will be interesting to hear the dynamics between Garry and Huddo- I do think SEN breakfast will be good the days Hamish is sick though
Lyon will kill it on SEN. As good as his character was on MMM he would only do 15 minutes of serious footy talk in a pregame. Now he'll do two hours. He's probably the best special comments person in radio IMO. Maybe second behind Lloyd, but everyone has their favourites.

Spud will suffer big time without JB keeping him on track.

Looks like Triple M will still be my go-to on Friday nights. Judd was good value as Lyon's replacement in 2016 and has a dry, sarcastic sense of humour that fits in well. Dunstall is one of the best special comments men around and is entertaining in his "angry Chief" persona. Brayshaw and Barrett play their roles.

The Saturday Rub will lose a lot of listeners on the back of Spuds departure I feel. People mainly listened just to hear the team hang shit on themselves and others and most of that came from Spud. It was already bad enough having that bore Carey filling in for Lyon, but I don't see how they replace Frawley's position without losing everything that made that show so successful.

Looks like Triple M will still be my go-to on Friday nights. Judd was good value as Lyon's replacement in 2016 and has a dry, sarcastic sense of humour that fits in well. Dunstall is one of the best special comments men around and is entertaining in his "angry Chief" persona. Brayshaw and Barrett play their roles.

The Saturday Rub will lose a lot of listeners on the back of Spuds departure I feel. People mainly listened just to hear the team hang shit on themselves and others and most of that came from Spud. It was already bad enough having that bore Carey filling in for Lyon, but I don't see how they replace Frawley's position without losing everything that made that show so successful.
Juddy's performance on The Friday Rub was a huge surprise to me, didn't think he'd have the persona for radio. His banter with Chief was awesome!

I know that Dennis Cometti has retired from TV commentary, but will he still calling the football on radio next year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know that Dennis Cometti has retired from TV commentary, but will he still calling the football on radio next year?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, for Triple M calling all Eagles and Dockers home games. He'll also be doing special comments for Channel 7's WAFL coverage as well.

Agreed, Judd & Chief play off well. Chief's my favourite radio personality, and Judd's got a very dry sense of humour. Him joking about his Visy work was great.

I dunno if losing Spud will make that much of a difference; myself and a few mates were pretty over Spud. Not sure how much more often I needed to here "bag of puss", "skinny bastard" again. You're right that Carey is a bore.

Lyon will kill it on SEN. As good as his character was on MMM he would only do 15 minutes of serious footy talk in a pregame. Now he'll do two hours. He's probably the best special comments person in radio IMO. Maybe second behind Lloyd, but everyone has their favourites.

Spud will suffer big time without JB keeping him on track.

Lyon has *always* been a great analyst. He and Dunstall are great at pointing out things during matches. In fact Lyon and Chief are the best ones around. ABC has a few like Stan Alives and Mark Maclure.

As far as calling the game action, Bruce, Huddo, Dennis, Gerard Whateley, Tim Lane and Karl Langdon.(Drew Mophrett could count too.) are the best around.

Last edited:
Lyon has *always* been a great analyst. He and Dunstall are great at pointing out things during matches. In fact Lyon and Chief are the best ones around. ABC has a few like Stan Alives and Mark Maclure.

As far as calling the game action, Bruce, Huddo, Dennis, Gerard Whateley, Tim Lane and Karl Langdon.(Drew Mophrett could count too.)

Mark Maclure lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As far as calling the game action, Bruce, Huddo, Dennis, Gerard Whateley, Tim Lane and Karl Langdon.(Drew Mophrett could count too.) are the best around.
please tell me you don't think mark maclure is good

Ben Hart and Kane Cornes will host the South Australian version of Sport Today for Croc Media.

The show will run from 6 until 7 on FiveAA follwing Rowe and Bickley from 3 - 6. Also it will be heard in Regional SA.

Ben Cameron who was with 6PR has moved accross to Adelaide to produce the show and do some work for Five AA.

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 Commentary Changes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back