Competitions 2017 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

600d13e78ec1f232595e54b3069d21d0.jpg

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Way too many midpricers. You really need super premos on each line with the best available rookies. Players between the $450k-$200k mark should be reserved for only a few key players you have your eye on.

Rioli, Gresham, Petracca, Giles, Parish, Gaff and Marchbank fall into this category. All other players in that range - Roughead, Sandi, etc. - have sound selection purposes and are a risk but probably ones worth taking.

Also, expensive rookies appreciate more slowly due to their inflated initial price, so you may be better off with cheaper rookies who will play like SPP, Butler, Black, Wigg, Miles, Stewart, Newman, Otten, Vickers Willis. Hampton also is looking like a must have.

I would start again by picking those rookies which have popped as possibly making their Rnd 1 births along with the must have premos on each line.

Personally Dangerfield, Pendles and Gawn are musts for me.

Also I think a little bit of Saints bias may be creeping in.

Good luck!

Way too many midpricers. You really need super premos on each line with the best available rookies. Players between the $450k-$200k mark should be reserved for only a few key players you have your eye on.

Rioli, Gresham, Petracca, Giles, Parish, Gaff and Marchbank fall into this category. All other players in that range - Roughead, Sandi, etc. - have sound selection purposes and are a risk but probably ones worth taking.

Also, expensive rookies appreciate more slowly due to their inflated initial price, so you may be better off with cheaper rookies who will play like SPP, Butler, Black, Wigg, Miles, Stewart, Newman, Otten, Vickers Willis. Hampton also is looking like a must have.

I would start again by picking those rookies which have popped as possibly making their Rnd 1 births along with the must have premos on each line.

Personally Dangerfield, Pendles and Gawn are musts for me.

Also I think a little bit of Saints bias may be creeping in.

Good luck!
Very well said mate and agree wholeheartedly.

I'm sorry to intrude but I have my eyes set on Billings for F4 (over Steele ironically). IMO he's ready to take the next step and take the league by its horns. Do you agree or am I off the mark?

Once again apologies for intruding guys.

I'm sorry to intrude but I have my eyes set on Billings for F4 (over Steele ironically). IMO he's ready to take the next step and take the league by its horns. Do you agree or am I off the mark?

I am looking at Billings. First ever full pre-season, so is expected to perform to a higher level. Also on the wing. They seem to want the ball to go through him, as his disposal is good. And last year his goal kicking was poor, but we have seen him do better.

Steele seems to be the safer bet, based on his style of play and track record in supercoach thus far. However, Billings definitely has the better capability for bigger scores and breaking into the premium tier. Consistency will be the question.

Basically, Steele will be your last or 2nd last forward, at best, otherwise a solid middle tier player. Whereas Billings could be a top 3 forward or absolute tripe.

Thoughts on going nankervis and sandilands, I've been slowly moving towards these guys rather than grundy/gawn, just frees up so much cash elsewhere. Hopefully they can score just short of these guys....

Thoughts on going nankervis and sandilands, I've been slowly moving towards these guys rather than grundy/gawn, just frees up so much cash elsewhere. Hopefully they can score just short of these guys....
Nankervis is okay, not a great pick though. You'd be much better biting the bullet and paying top coinage for Gawn IMO. Sandi could be a very good pick but he's also a massive risk given his injury problems of the past few years, that coupled with age. If you can afford another premium ruck like Grundy, don't even hesitate to pick him

Nankervis is okay, not a great pick though. You'd be much better biting the bullet and paying top coinage for Gawn IMO. Sandi could be a very good pick but he's also a massive risk given his injury problems of the past few years, that coupled with age. If you can afford another premium ruck like Grundy, don't even hesitate to pick him
GawnStein ftw

Everybody scrambling to get Sandi & Nankervis in

Waste of trades imo

Agreed 100%. They may score more than Goldie and a rookie early on, but they'll both need upgrading. Goldie won't.

Just lock him in and worry about working on other lines.

Knocked together a spreadsheet whereby I ranked every team in the order that I think they will finish on the premiership ladder by Round 23. I then gave each team a value from 1-18 based on their end of R23 position. The higher the finish the higher the score so first place gets 18 points and last place gets 1. I then went through and awarded points to each team based on their draw. I then assigned smaller incidental values (ranging from 1 to -1) based on whether you were playing at home or away, on a long haul flight, played two games in a row at home, played a home game immediately after the bye, played a long haul game immediately after another long haul game. Then I ranked teams for rounds 1-4, 5-8, 9-13, 14-17, 18-21, 22-23 based on their total score.

I have done this to see if it would affect how I setup my initial team, and perhaps affect a trading and bye strategy. I have a screenshot below if you are interested. Two things that came out of the exercise are:

1. Port and GC have an early bye (Round 9) to help recovery when they play in China. Trading players from both teams in before Round 11 byes start would help with team balance and overall scoring.
  2. Richmond have the easiest draw rating over the first 4 rounds. So...my question for the board is if you HAD TO pick one tiger would you go Dusty or Prestia in your midfield or Caddy in your forward line.
upload_2017-3-6_12-50-57.png

upload_2017-3-6_12-51-43.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question - for M7 I'm tossing up between O'Meara v Steele v Swallow - what do you guys think?

Currently have Jaeger but have enough to replace him with Steele. I think Jack will play R1 so let's assume he does for this example

Knocked together a spreadsheet whereby I ranked every team in the order that I think they will finish on the premiership ladder by Round 23. I then gave each team a value from 1-18 based on their end of R23 position. The higher the finish the higher the score so first place gets 18 points and last place gets 1. I then went through and awarded points to each team based on their draw. I then assigned smaller incidental values (ranging from 1 to -1) based on whether you were playing at home or away, on a long haul flight, played two games in a row at home, played a home game immediately after the bye, played a long haul game immediately after another long haul game. Then I ranked teams for rounds 1-4, 5-8, 9-13, 14-17, 18-21, 22-23 based on their total score.

I have done this to see if it would affect how I setup my initial team, and perhaps affect a trading and bye strategy. I have a screenshot below if you are interested. Two things that came out of the exercise are:

1. Port and GC have an early bye (Round 9) to help recovery when they play in China. Trading players from both teams in before Round 11 byes start would help with team balance and overall scoring.
  2. Richmond have the easiest draw rating over the first 4 rounds. So...my question for the board is if you HAD TO pick one tiger would you go Dusty or Prestia in your midfield or Caddy in your forward line.
View attachment 342944

View attachment 342945

Cheers re your two points. Good call re point 1 - helps ensure you have coverage across the lines whereas others won't. It would have to be Caddy for mine as he got his points when playing for Geelong but will have a bigger role at the Tigers. He's also dual position. Think I might have to slot him in instead of Macrae

Question - for M7 I'm tossing up between O'Meara v Steele v Swallow - what do you guys think?

Currently have Jaeger but have enough to replace him with Steele. I think Jack will play R1 so let's assume he does for this example
Jaeger all the way. Looks fit and ready to go, with his potential he could average anywhere between 90-110. If he's fit, he should be in every single SC team

Thanks mate. Yes I guess I needed to hear someone else say that. I will keep him in M7 assuming he lines up R1
No worries man, always happy to help out - rookies are key of course though, some names I like for SC include Otten, Stewart, Z Guthrie, Barrett (Brisbane), SPP, McCluggage and Black ;) think they're all very likely Round 1 starters, for anyone after some good rookies

No worries man, always happy to help out - rookies are key of course though, some names I like for SC include Otten, Stewart, Z Guthrie, Barrett (Brisbane), SPP, McCluggage and Black ;) think they're all very likely Round 1 starters, for anyone after some good rookies

Cheers I think you also have to add - Houston, Begley, Miles, Wigg, Vickers Willis and Hibberd to that rookie conversation

Jaeger all the way. Looks fit and ready to go, with his potential he could average anywhere between 90-110. If he's fit, he should be in every single SC team

He hasn't been in my team at any stage and I'm not about to change that now. Hope he does well for those who have him but I'm not touching him

JOM for me as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. Richmond have the easiest draw rating over the first 4 rounds. So...my question for the board is if you HAD TO pick one tiger would you go Dusty or Prestia in your midfield or Caddy in your forward line.

Caddy forward. Richmond, Geelong, West Coast and North players worth their weight in gold with their round 12 bye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Competitions 2017 Fantasy Football Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back