News 2017 Finals ticketing info and questions

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven't been able to get seats anywhere so far this morning on the ticketek site, for myself and 2 others who are Gold (Full) AFL/Geelong Club support members for over 20 years!! Not sure if it's the system melting down or not. Can't get through on the phone or app either. Who at the AFL thought it'd be a good idea to let all AFL members have a crack at the same time, and get guest passes, regardless of whether they have Geelong or Richmond Club support, and regardless of whether they are full (gold) or silver members. Easier to get seats to the grand final!! I can only put it down to greed or incompetence.

Might be the final blow for that form of membership for me. Might be a cheaper Geelong membership option. I'm in Melbourne and rarely go to KP these days, but want to support the club and get to the odd game.

*** Update - managed to get tix on level 4, Q26. Glad we got in at all but geez the AFL don't know how to read the play. Or maybe they do. Reminds me of that Hawthorn v Collingwood prelim in 2011. I think they did the same thing, and might have even allowed 4 guest passes. "Oh we didn't anticipate the demand" You what, mate? Are you sure you're not just happy to pocket the extra $$$ from guest passes at member expense?

Last edited:

I haven't been able to get seats anywhere so far this morning on the ticketek site, for myself and 2 others who are Gold (Full) AFL/Geelong Club support members for over 20 years!! Not sure if it's the system melting down or not. Can't get through on the phone or app either. Who at the AFL thought it'd be a good idea to let all AFL members have a crack at the same time, and get guest passes, regardless of whether they have Geelong or Richmond Club support, and regardless of whether they are full (gold) or silver members. Easier to get seats to the grand final!! I can only put it down to greed or incompetence.

Might be the final blow for that form of membership for me. Might be a cheaper Geelong membership option. I'm in Melbourne and rarely go to KP these days, but want to support the club and get to the odd game.

It IS easier to get seats at the GF. Just gotta register and then sit back and :cool:

Had level 2A selected ready to go @ 9.00 and 1 second, said allocation exhausted... Eventually got level 2A 10 mins later then kicked out!
Only managed to get standing room on the third attempt @ 9.30, absolute farce

I just got mine, after getting the none available message for 30 mins. Row Y though (Wasn't game to try front/middle). Had a mate who got his about the same time - middle.

Had the same issue (AFL Full member, Geelong club support) but finally got M27 after almost 40 minutes of refreshing three devices.

Can't believe they wouldn't put the following measures in place for a game with huge demand like this:

- No guest passes available, at least on day one of sales
- Priority access to AFL members with Geelong and Richmond club support
- Priority booking window for Full members, before Silver and Bronze get to buy

Yeah I heard that a staff member here- AFL- had awesome tickets and lost them at the payment part.

Omg the rage i would have. She still ended up with Level 4, front, which isnt that bad.

That happened to me, phone nearly went off the building.
Currently on hold to Ticketek, finally got through after 100 calls

Wish me luck

Had the same issue (AFL Full member, Geelong club support) but finally got M27 after almost 40 minutes of refreshing three devices.

Can't believe they wouldn't put the following measures in place for a game with huge demand like this:

How many tix were you after?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I eventually got mine on level 4 Q26 up the back. By that stage the site had updated the availability and so only single seats appeared to be available on lower levels and the front of the top level. My plan was to get our 3 for the gold members, and then go back in later and get a single guest pass up the top for someone else.

It's legitimately easier to get a ticket for the grand final, even if Geelong aren't playing.

I eventually got mine on level 4 Q26 up the back. By that stage the site had updated the availability and so only single seats appeared to be available on lower levels and the front of the top level. My plan was to get our 3 for the gold members, and then go back in later and get a single guest pass up the top for someone else.

It's legitimately easier to get a ticket for the grand final, even if Geelong aren't playing.
With the known demand for this game, I am 100% annoyed that neutrals will have better seats than me. Should not have had access until after this afternoon

And it's all Sold out.

Unfortunately I wasn't lucky enough to get 2 tickets out of 100 thousand.
I'll be pissed if I see empty seats on TV

F Richmond and go the catters
I'm sitting row BB, and if I see anyone not wearing blue and white or yellow and black with a better seat, I will also be equally pissed

Spot on, and then the fact they have sold out General Admin is a farce. At least wait until after the member sales and then if an AFL or Club member miss out, they have a chance in General Admin.

Yep, had same issues. Was logged on & ready to go at 9am, but keep coming up with nothing left. Twice got Level 2A tix only to get told I've timed out when I got to payment page. Finally had to settle for Q15 just after 9.30am. :mad:

My father and I are full AFL members with cats support. Logged on at 9am today after 2 tickets and one guest pass on level 4, nope all sold out. Extremely disappointing, makes me wonder why we waited all those years for full membership when we don't seem to get anything extra for it.

My father and I are full AFL members with cats support. Logged on at 9am today after 2 tickets and one guest pass on level 4, nope all sold out. Extremely disappointing, makes me wonder why we waited all those years for full membership when we don't seem to get anything extra for it.

Did you miss out altogether?

Seems Ticketek was running smoothly from around 9.40am but plenty of people missed out on their preferred area.

Tickets weren't loaded properly at 9am. By 9.05am they were showing but no processing, and by 9.10am they were processing. Problem with ticketek, is that once a seat has been "assigned" and not bought, it stays out of inventory for ~20 mins. So when tickets were able to be bought between 9.10am and 9.30am, they were all the shit ones. Then the good ones started coming back, but because of the cluster**** of a webiste that it is, I took the shit seats so I didn't miss out.

If you've missed out, it's not you, it's the website and I'd email/ring AFL membership and see what they can do. Was reading about a contingency (ie spare unsold seats) they hold onto for situations like this. May as well try it.

Tickets weren't loaded properly at 9am. By 9.05am they were showing but no processing, and by 9.10am they were processing. Problem with ticketek, is that once a seat has been "assigned" and not bought, it stays out of inventory for ~20 mins. So when tickets were able to be bought between 9.10am and 9.30am, they were all the shit ones. Then the good ones started coming back, but because of the cluster**** of a webiste that it is, I took the shit seats so I didn't miss out.

If you've missed out, it's not you, it's the website and I'd email/ring AFL membership and see what they can do. Was reading about a contingency (ie spare unsold seats) they hold onto for situations like this. May as well try it.

So in other words next time I want tickets, don't go on until after 9.30? Very strange, but thanks for the info. I'm honestly not sure if I can be bothered dealing with AFL membership today, might just have to cut my losses and hope Geelong win through to the prelim.

This is the second time in a row I've had issues with ticketek. Was buying tickets to a concert a few months ago and after several glitches in the system I finally got tickets, but I think I was lucky. I don't understand how it can be so difficult to get website up and running.

Remove this Banner Ad

News 2017 Finals ticketing info and questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back