Strategy 2017 Hawthorn Supercoach, Fantasy Footy Questions In Here!

Remove this Banner Ad

what do you guys expect roughy can average this year, particularly early rounds. This is for RDT/AF scoring not SC.

He has generally been a high 80s guy with 88, 88, 86, 91, 83 being his last 5 years. Obviously coming back fitness is a query but seems like he has returned well and even sounds primed for decent midfield time, more so than in the past (at centre stoppages perhaps mostly then drifting forward id guess?). Do you see him being the same as those high 80s in recent times or actually improving with a role change?

what do you guys expect roughy can average this year, particularly early rounds. This is for RDT/AF scoring not SC.

He has generally been a high 80s guy with 88, 88, 86, 91, 83 being his last 5 years. Obviously coming back fitness is a query but seems like he has returned well and even sounds primed for decent midfield time, more so than in the past (at centre stoppages perhaps mostly then drifting forward id guess?). Do you see him being the same as those high 80s in recent times or actually improving with a role change?
I'd probably expect an average of 90-95. I reckon he will transition through the mid a lil bit to get a big experienced body in there. He seems as fit as ever. I'd get him in. 90 average is my guess

Guys, interested in Howe's place in the best 22 now. Is he going to play more games than last year and fit himself into the side, likely off the bank flank? Realise he's injured now so not seeing much of him during pre-season.

Guys, interested in Howe's place in the best 22 now. Is he going to play more games than last year and fit himself into the side, likely off the bank flank? Realise he's injured now so not seeing much of him during pre-season.
I don't know. haven't heard much from him. This is a very important year for him to iprove on his 11 games last year. I'd say he needs about 15+ games this year and if he does well than obviously that 15+ turns into 20+ & good form heading into 2018. He's shown he is a decent player already. injury impacted pre-season doesn't help though

Yeah it's a tough one. I think his role is to be the next Hodge/Burgoyne but with the midfield ceiling of someone like Shiels. Would like to see him get more games,

Last edited:
Not sure how he will go when the full GWS midfield compliment is on board. ATM he is in my side. Fingers crossed. Now that Heeney is out I am not sure which way to go!
Yea that was my worry as well but I still think he is going to be good enough to get a lot of midfield time this year even compared to last.

Also have Petracca sitting in my forward line atm. Not too sure about this one due to his price, but quality forward options seem scarce for me this year other than Riewoldt and Dalhaus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey guys how is your midfield shaping up?

Assuming O'meara, Shiels, T Mitchell are the primary 3 inside midfielders.

Who are the leading candidates for the remaining midfield time? Burgoyne?

Tell me about Kade Stewart, he seems to like a tackle and a goal, playing some good fantasy relevant footy.
Where is he playing his footy? seems small forward
How good is his job security?
What do you think he will average?

Tell me about Kade Stewart, he seems to like a tackle and a goal, playing some good fantasy relevant footy.
Where is he playing his footy? seems small forward
How good is his job security?
What do you think he will average?
See him averaging 75-80. Job security is alright. i'd expect him to definitely play 15+ games. JB isn't good enough to go for him at just below 300K though. it's a no no for me

See him averaging 75-80. Job security is alright. i'd expect him to definitely play 15+ games. JB isn't good enough to go for him at just below 300K though. it's a no no for me
Sorry what do u mean by JB? That meant to be JS?

I would think with the lack of rookie options an average of 75-80 would put him squarely in the mix. Although he is at that price id really like to avoid it may need to be done. RDT he is 267k, prices at 45 so an increase of 30-35 if he can play all the 1st 6-8 games is decent as the basement rookies looks ike they have no JS, or no scoring potential and while priced at 20-25 will be lucky to average 55 so no better price increase with less JS

Sorry what do u mean by JB? That meant to be JS?

I would think with the lack of rookie options an average of 75-80 would put him squarely in the mix. Although he is at that price id really like to avoid it may need to be done. RDT he is 267k, prices at 45 so an increase of 30-35 if he can play all the 1st 6-8 games is decent as the basement rookies looks ike they have no JS, or no scoring potential and while priced at 20-25 will be lucky to average 55 so no better price increase with less JS
Yeah. I meant JS. it all depends on how the rookies go really. It would be relatively brave to go with him imo.

Hi Guys, were Birchall and Shiels rested from JLT3? Had a look around and there was little commentary on them. Watching JLT 1 it looked like Birchall was at a few stoppages, hope that continues.

Last edited:
Hi Guys, were Birchall and Shiels rested from JLT3? Had a look around and their was little commentary on them. Watching JLT 1 it looked like Birchall was at a few stoppages, hope that continues.
Started with Birchall last year and was consistent. would always score 85-90 ish each week. May play a couple minutes in the mid but not guaranteed.
Birchall is an ok option but Shiels is a no go imo

Started with Birchall last year and was consistent. would always score 85-90 ish each week. May play a couple minutes in the mid but not guaranteed.
Birchall is an ok option but Shiels is a no go imo
Draft league so I grabbed Shiels late. Hoped shiels could jump back up to his 95 average from previous years

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy 2017 Hawthorn Supercoach, Fantasy Footy Questions In Here!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back