List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The hypothetical that we take tippett and all his huge salary, in order to get another swan- doesn't mean we'd get that 'other' swan at a discount.

Eating tippetts money to relieve their salary cap would just maybe give us ACCESS to another (contracted) swan.
Access we (and other clubs) wouldn't otherwise have without taking all of tippetts cash.

As I said, depends on how desperate the club is to offload the salary. Agree, clearly works better in a uncontracted player situation where clubs already have the access. It's a hypothetical, but we should be using that strategy to our advantage, Carlton seem to be all over it.

Do you have anything to back up this statement regarding Armo's back?
At the age most of the midfielders are, we WILL improve, though I still have big doubts about Dunstan, simply because all he's done over 4 years is get worse then get back to where he was.

Here is Luke Dunstan's 10-game rolling possession average. This demonstrates that his last 10 games have been significantly better than his first 10.

Dunstan stats.png

Go through my list Joff and tell me where you think I've got it wrong.

I want to win and the best way to recruit is to understand where you are as a list.

Roo could have taken a chair out with him and sat down the opposition would still have been worried about him and joey despite some bagging played some very good football, trust me we need to improve just to replace what they did.

Old man roo still took 120 plus marks and kicked about 28 goals?.
Ok.
Goddard, Armo, Freeman. No question mark on their ability.
Unless you think their injuried are career ending what is the question mark on them?
Was Lenny,Gilbo, bj, Harvs etc have question marks over their careers when they had 12 month injuries? Just a pessmisticview to suit your argument.

Lonie and Mac are up to it. They are young and need developing. Lonie gets bagged lime Mav by people who dont understand forward pressure and the modern game.
Mac is still very young and learning.

Battle will be an outstanding forward.

Rice will take Gilbo's or Gearys small back role in years to come.

Long has been in the Saints system one season. Phillips is in his first year. Give them a chance.

So there you go you are wrong on 9 of our players, 8 of whom are under 23.

And you cant say this is incorrect as it is an opinion just like yours.

No side uses the bench to make 4 talls fit into 3. They may rest talls for a few minutes but that's it. I will believe players who have talked about Blicavs running ability over you if that is ok. I'm not going to talk about game plans as we were talking about the decision to recruit Trengrove. And I answered the Blicavs running ability so I don't care about tests.
They do when 1 is also the backup ruckman.

I don't doubt his superior running ability for a minute just that it is reduced by the physical nature of the game, no doubt he still has more in the tank and more pace late than probably anyone else.

Every team gets injuries you know that better than I do I bet, will armo be back ?.

Yes we're young now and some will improve others will go backwards, I think you under estimate the talent Carlton and Brisbane are putting together it's really quite impressive.
Not really. I look at best players each week

For us it's - Billings, Ross, Sinclair, Carlisle, and towards the end of the season add Longer, Dunstan & Acres with Jack Steven in there with a few cameo games

For Carlton, every week it's - *Cripps* Murphy, Gibbs, Kreuzer, *Docherty*, Simpson with cameos from *Curnow* & Casboult

I love where our list is at, all I ask for is a decent run of injury free time for guys like Paddy, Hugh & Freezer.

How would we rate Carlton's list if it was Curnow suffering concussions, Weitering with a ruptured Achilles etc

We've had a shit load of bad luck too, yet we are still a much better team than they are.

And let's not forget that they'll be getting another piss easy 'bottom 6' fixture next year, so you watch the media all crack a phat over them when they win 8-9 games.... meanwhile I'll be laughing at the fraudulent campaigners ;)

Carlton:
4 wins - 2015 (spoon)
7 wins - 2016
6 wins - 2017
???? - 2018

StKilda:
4 wins - 2014
6.5wins - 2015
12 wins - 2016
11 wins - 2017

Let's just wait & see before we blow our load over Carlton please

Ok.
Goddard, Armo, Freeman. No question mark on their ability.
Unless you think their injuried are career ending what is the question mark on them?
Was Lenny,Gilbo, bj, Harvs etc have question marks over their careers when they had 12 month injuries? Just a pessmisticview to suit your argument.

Lonie and Mac are up to it. They are young and need developing. Lonie gets bagged lime Mav by people who dont understand forward pressure and the modern game.
Mac is still very young and learning.

Battle will be an outstanding forward.

Rice will take Gilbo's or Gearys small back role in years to come.

Long has been in the Saints system one season. Phillips is in his first year. Give them a chance.

So there you go you are wrong on 9 of our players, 8 of whom are under 23.

And you cant say this is incorrect as it is an opinion just like yours.
Have you been watching barney again, if all the rain drops were candy drops and gum drops oh what a world it would be.

That Joff is indeed a valid if very optomistic opinion.

Just one question which players will improve our side this year do you think.

For us it's - Billings, Ross, Sinclair, Carlisle, and towards the end of the season add Longer, Dunstan & Acres with Jack Steven in there with a few cameo games

For Carlton, every week it's - *Cripps* Murphy, Gibbs, Kreuzer, *Docherty*, Simpson with cameos from *Curnow* & Casboult

I love where our list is at, all I ask for is a decent run of injury free time for guys like Paddy, Hugh & Freezer.

How would we rate Carlton's list if it was Curnow suffering concussions, Weitering with a ruptured Achilles etc

We've had a shit load of bad luck too, yet we are still a much better team than they are.

And let's not forget that they'll be getting another piss easy 'bottom 6' fixture next year, so you watch the media all crack a phat over them when they win 8-9 games.... meanwhile I'll be laughing at the fraudulent campaigners ;)

Carlton:
4 wins - 2015 (spoon)
7 wins - 2016
6 wins - 2017
???? - 2018

StKilda:
4 wins - 2014
6.5wins - 2015
12 wins - 2016
11 wins - 2017

On point.
Blues list really overrated because of a couple of good kids, cripps, curnow, spp.
Well we have more promising kids than that but tgey aren't hyped as much because we aren't a big4 team.
As u said blues carried every week by the old brigade.
There best player is going to adelaide next year.

Carlton:
4 wins - 2015 (spoon)
7 wins - 2016
6 wins - 2017
???? - 2018

StKilda:
4 wins - 2014
6.5wins - 2015
12 wins - 2016
11 wins - 2017

That's a better argument but we haven't seen much from paddy although what we have is promising but Goddard and freezer just don't go there.

I would give Carlton all 3 for Weitering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you been watching barney again, if all the rain drops were candy drops and gum drops oh what a world it would be.

You're certainly throwing your dummy out of the cot this morning. Waa waa waa.......Mummyyyyyy

Your saying if we had Treloar and Pendlebury we win 15 and I'm saying yes we would but look at the cost.
Cost is irrelevant when you have won 1 flag in 100 years you can't compete with Myers when you trying to still run a corner shop milk bar think big pay what their worth reap the benefits.

Yep they all play 100% game time and sides never move or rest their talls.

How childish is that response. Ive already said talls get a rest. Ive also said no side really plays a back up ruckman or try's to fit 4 talls into 3 on the ground. I asked you a question about those things and you come back with that response. Does that mean you have no answer? I would suggest so.

The half-empties are out in full force today, and extremely argumentative...
We're shit. Our list is shit & our coaches are shit. May as well just trade everyone & start again, or even fold. No point in going on anymore, I mean, Brisbane & Carlton have better lists than us, even though they struggle to win 6 games. What hope do we have

Apart from the silly comment, its my opinion and is just as valid as yours in hypotheticals.

As for your last question. None as the season is over. If you mean 2018.

Carlisle. Second season in the system.
Ross. Will keep improving
Steven. Injury free is an AA
Steele second season at the Saints not even 50 games yet.
Billings. Set to break out
Acres
Dunstan
Membrey not yet 50 games
A fit Mav
Paddy
Gresh

And then there are the players we pick up. Depending who they are.

My opinion so cant be disproven.

That's a better argument but we haven't seen much from paddy although what we have is promising but Goddard and freezer just don't go there.

I would give Carlton all 3 for Weitering.

After his VFL season iv'e got big hopes for Freezer. ( did i hear that Collingwood are sacking their High performance manager ).
If Goddard makes it he'll be more of a slow burn IMO. ( ie he will cover for injury, then go back to the VFL etc ). Tall defenders are a bit like rucks, look at Longer, 24 and we are only just starting to rate him... maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back