List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree once again ahaha.

Would much rather Kelly than Dusty.

Richmond aren't dumb, if we or whoever offer 1.5m they'll match it and unless we go truly over like 1.8m odd a season to price them out I feels he's not worth it.

Dusty is having a bloody fantastic year no doubt but there's something I can't put my finger on about him that I don't trust this form would last or that if he was to come here he won't be able to replicate it. I just think that Richmond is having a year where all their players are playing above themselves and as a result Martin is playing even better as a result and if he was to come over here it would be a disappointment.

Geelong got so ******* lucky last year that they go Danger for a packet of chips and Dean Gore.

****in geelong. imagine being spoilt like that

i agree on dusty. imagine the work richmond have done for him off-field

Ok respect your opinion bro, but i would be so pissed if we traded Gresh. Our only small forward with x-factor and class around goal. Lonie is a bust
I would want to keep Gresh definitely and I don't think GWS would offer Whitfield for Gresh so this is all academic.

The way I see it is Whitfield is a gun on the wing and is every bit as good as Gaff is whilst being younger and having potentially more rungs to hit. We probably will never see how good Whitfield ever will be cause he will never command enough of the ball cause how stacked the midfield in GWS is.

Gresh is a very high production small forward at this stage and we hope he can replicate his youth form in the middle. It's a potential swing man ala a less powerful Chad Wingard with Gresh or a slightly inferior Tom Scully with Whitfield

Idk I just feel for us the midfield is more of a pressing need.

I hope Gresh can average 2 goals a game and 20 touches cause him and Billings will be ****ing lethal and we can all laugh at me.

I'm really not sold on Whitfield, he's a pretty average player IMO. I must miss the games where he stars, he will cost plenty because he's contracted and he isn't even in the same stratosphere as Kelly or Dusty. I'd put up with a single first but think it would be overs and I think GWS will want 2 firsts. If they throw in Kennedy for free with him for single first I'd be happy. Otherwise we are adding to our list of B graders when we need superstars.
Really looked good in last years finals I thought he had a break out series and then he was suspended.

I don't know if the late start affected him but he has just been ok since he came back, I would still like him but he's price prohibitive being contracted I would imagine.

Who knows if Kelly stays maybe they would be happy to move him for the right deal.

We just can't loose this trade period...even if we don't get anyone this yr..pick 7 & 8..delicious...trade hickey for a 2nd rounder to get a slider..

Sent from my Coolpad 3600I using Tapatalk
Using 7 & 8 at the draft is not an option & if we do we lose they are needed to lure ready made players immediate impact is required.

He's lifted his presence in the media in the last week or two. Commentated on triple m last week.

Seems pretty likely he's done

Using 7 & 8 at the draft is not an option & if we do we lose they are needed to lure ready made players immediate impact is required.

I get the feeling that's what the club is getting out there as a softer.

Did I miss something? When/how did Roughy enter the conversation?

Also Dusty is worth every cent. It is not just a patch of good form. He has the attributes to consistently be one of the best, those just don't come and go.
The only thing is off field stuff, but he seems to have matured a lot. Plus... when it comes down to it there are probably a lot of players who are wanks off field so does it really matter that much?

Really looked good in last years finals I thought he had a break out series and then he was suspended.

I don't know if the late start affected him but he has just been ok since he came back, I would still like him but he's price prohibitive being contracted I would imagine.

Who knows if Kelly stays maybe they would be happy to move him for the right deal.

I reckon Kelly is definitely leaving. Connors was at such pains to claim that he likes his players to be 1 club / prioritise premierships that he was pretty much saying to GWS (and the clubs of his other players) that "it's not my fault if they leave for cash"!

I think GWS have been told and both parties have agreed to portray that he is staying to keep the team settled. This is why Cameron was saying "I can see that Kelly wants to stay & am very confident he will". Yet he virtually attacked a reporter off camera at the airport saying "no contract questions"!!!

Just a matter of who he chooses in my opinion. ..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we don't want Gaff because he doesn't tackle.

We don't want Rocky because he isn't damaging enough with disposal (amongst a few other reasons)

And now we don't want Dusty because he is at his peak and it will only go downhill from here.

I almost feel sorry for whoever we do pick up because some posters will start to look at the negatives of his game rather than the positives (such as, they fill a gaping hole in the list irrespective of their potential downside or weakness).

I think the forward line could do with some more quality smalls like Richmond and Adelaide more than just Roughy. Bruce and Paddy bringing the ball to ground sounds okay. Kelly and Dusty definitely.
Roughy is a good old fashioned follower, the guy can start in the middle go forward or back at need or just play like an old ruck rover.

John Mcintosh was a brilliant big bloke for us in the old days finished second in the Brownlow, he could do that take a contested mark, contest a throw in, win a clearance. Roughy is really just a big version of dusty, guys like that are gold because they can influence the game in so many ways.

Acres had a bit of a run in that role on Sunday but he's not really that guy although I do like him a lot. Roughy has a much bigger build and Mcintosh was really ruck size in his day a bit like Blicavs.

Last edited:

We don't want Rocky because he isn't damaging enough with disposal (amongst a few other reasons)

And now we don't want Dusty because he is at his peak and it will only go downhill from here.

I almost feel sorry for whoever we do pick up because some posters will start to look at the negatives of his game rather than the positives (such as, they fill a gaping hole in the list irrespective of their potential downside or weakness).
No I want them all as they are all big upgrades on what we have, I just like to haggle over the price.

You must admit they all have a price point at which you would say no thanks, all most people are doing is arguing over what constitutes that point.

i'm not sold on dusty. would rather kelly or for the price whitfield/someone else

Me too.
Dusty will still be very good, but i can't see him sustaining this years form once he gets his big payday and a brownlow.

Kinda like loose unit libba dropping off after getting a flag.

Unlike danger/roo/gaz/selwood type guys who never seem satisfied....i reckon dusty will drop off no matter who he plays for next year.

Did I miss something? When/how did Roughy enter the conversation?

Also Dusty is worth every cent. It is not just a patch of good form. He has the attributes to consistently be one of the best, those just don't come and go.
The only thing is off field stuff, but he seems to have matured a lot. Plus... when it comes down to it there are probably a lot of players who are wanks off field so does it really matter that much?
I was just talking about the type of player I would like and what players would make us a walk up start for top four.

Why is it a loss if we can't get the players we want to move?.

We will be a very young side we have plenty of time, why pay top dollar for ready made players if their not A graders. If they spend a first on a bloke like hall then they need to be replaced imho.

Immediate impact somehow starts to sound like blokes worrying about their own arses rather than the clubs best interests.

There's a big difference between NOT WANTING dusty and PREFERRING kelly over dusty.

Beggars can't be choosers, and if dusty is all there is available... sure lets sign him up.
But kelly is the better bet i think

Yeah you are right. A bidding war only benefits Martin.

It would be nice to know what we can do with Dusty on 1.5 mil but if if we know we can pay; particularly pay him heavily the next two while the majority of our young players are signed and we have extra cap space, then I'd go for it. I'm guessing the length is where it gets difficult.

I'd prefer one Dustin Martin over say Flatop and Gaff on 800k each.

Given how certain the media have been Kelly and Martin will resign at times it's a head scratcher. Could be like Laverde last year, attract suitors to force their club to pay the maximum possible.
True dat

Me too.
Dusty will still be very good, but i can't see him sustaining this years form once he gets his big payday and a brownlow.

Kinda like loose unit libba dropping off after getting a flag.

Unlike danger/roo/gaz/selwood type guys who never seem satisfied....i reckon dusty will drop off no matter who he plays for next year.

Yes imagine not sustaining a 40 vote brownlow medal year. Seriously there is some rubbish written on here. We probably wont get Dusty or Kelly but now some are complaining that one will not have any upside from now on. Yep imagine if he only got 30 votes next season. His ability has already dropped 25%. Hack. And there is plenty of proof to suggest he will drop off is he wins the medal. Actually there is zero.

Last edited:
There's a big difference between NOT WANTING dusty and PREFERRING kelly over dusty.

Beggars can't be choosers, and if dusty is all there is available... sure lets sign him up.
But kelly is the better bet i think
Although as of right now I rate Dusty higher than Kelly, I guess when thinking about what we'd need in 2 years (rather than right now) might make me lean towards acquiring Kelly over Martin.

I think we are seeing Martin's peak right now, but also think he's good enough to maintain it for the next 2-3 years. Will that be enough for us and where the rest of the list is at? Maybe not.

Kelly on the other hand, assuming he continues to improve, might be peaking in 2-3 years, sustaining it for another 3-4.

So purely based on age and our list profile, I could be swayed to change my tune and want Kelly more. I'd be pretty stoked with either. Trick will be to actually obtain either!

Although as of right now I rate Dusty higher than Kelly, I guess when thinking about what we'd need in 2 years (rather than right now) might make me lean towards acquiring Kelly over Martin.

I think we are seeing Martin's peak right now, but also think he's good enough to maintain it for the next 2-3 years. Will that be enough for us and where the rest of the list is at? Maybe not.

Kelly on the other hand, assuming he continues to improve, might be peaking in 2-3 years, sustaining it for another 3-4.

So purely based on age and our list profile, I could be swayed to change my tune and want Kelly more. I'd be pretty stoked with either. Trick will be to actually obtain either!
Surely if it's one or the other, for what they'll bring in two years time, it would be preferable to have Dusty and whoever we get with the two top 8 picks (either from the draft, or a trade or two, if Richmond don't match) rather than just one Kelly though?

Why is it a loss if we can't get the players we want to move?.

We will be a very young side we have plenty of time, why pay top dollar for ready made players if their not A graders. If they spend a first on a bloke like hall then they need to be replaced imho.

Immediate impact somehow starts to sound like blokes worrying about their own arses rather than the clubs best interests.
Rebuild,regrowth,re stump,reset just ask Carlton how long it's taking i would guess 10 years we haven't played finals for 7 years next year, we have already added our drafting rebuild we are at the stage were we strike while the irons hot or we miss out & reset again in what 4 or 5 years we need ready made players to give us an immediate push not add we kids again we end up in 11th spot in 2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back