List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would have been good to at least see him in the seniors this year. See what the kid is made of - then make that decision.

That's my most disappointing aspect of this year. We kept on the old, Wright, Lonie, Minch & Dunstan merry-go-round.

Didn't give a look to any young kid. White barley sighted, plays well and dropped. NOK, Phillips, Rice, Marshall all nowhere to be seen.

Nearly every other club would have played them throughout the year to at least see if the kids have what it takes. Its what made Sydney, Hawthorn and Geelong so good throughout the years. They develop players. We don't. We continue to have coaches pets that rotate between themselves.

We've finished half a win above Hawthorn who have literally played 99% of their list.

Couldn't agree more.
I think we may have gotten a wee bit ahead of ourselves at the end of 2016 and development paid the price.

We struggled with slow starts. You just can't give the opposition quarter head starts.
We struggled with goal kicking. How you can't smash set shots at this level of competition is beyond me.
We struggled to put teams away. Can you develop a killer instinct? or do we have too many nice guys.

A few things to work on in the off season I guess.

Couldn't agree more.
I think we may have gotten a wee bit ahead of ourselves at the end of 2016 and development paid the price.

We struggled with slow starts. You just can't give the opposition quarter head starts.
We struggled with goal kicking. How you can't smash set shots at this level of competition is beyond me.
We struggled to put teams away. Can you develop a killer instinct? or do we have too many nice guys.

A few things to work on in the off season I guess.
I think point 2 is related to 3.

It's cause we suck at goalkicking we can't put teams away. The few times it clicked this year we look a million bucks.

Fix the goal kicking and it goes a long way and fix the kicking into 50 and we might have a chance at something special.

It's cause we suck at goalkicking we can't put teams away. The few times it clicked this year we look a million bucks.

Fix the goal kicking and it goes a long way and fix the kicking into 50 and we might have a chance at something special.
Fix the goal kicking we probably win 5-6 more games this year

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well nobody can say we dont need it. I think Richo is on a par with the team ad a coach. Middling but requires help to go to the next level.

Two important requirements this off season.

1) Some experience in the coaches box. An Eade or a Ratten for example would be welcome. I think Richo is an inclusive coach so that experience would be listened to.

2) A must we get two an elite players in the next two off seasons. I am no wrap for the natural progression route. Think we have a bunch of good kids but many are still just potential.

If we miss out and use 7&8 in the draft, no doubt they will be excellent players but will take 3 seasons to come good.

I believe to be top four we need some stars not just home grown.

If we get the equilivent of Steele and Stevens this year, I will be dissapointed. Not that they are bad players especially Steele but we have worked for years to be in a position to land a Kelly or Martin or Lever.

We just have to.
Ripping post Joff :thumbsu:

100% agree! Kick straight and we beat WCE in Rd2 & Port (2 away victories) as an absolute certainty. 13 wins and we are all saying the progression is where we expect it to be.

Mindset is the other area that needs drastic improvement... we don't need more ex-players as coaches, we need the best possible mental coach available.

Anyone at the game yesterday remember the song that was being played when rooey left the stadium pretty sure it was a song from the 90's,can't remember it now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone want to claim this Facebook gem? If so, uppercut yourself...

We should target Schoenmakers, Watts, Mackie. A few older key position players then tank up our mids. Just throw money at people and get them in the red white and black.

Well nobody can say we dont need it. I think Richo is on a par with the team ad a coach. Middling but requires help to go to the next level.

Two important requirements this off season.

1) Some experience in the coaches box. An Eade or a Ratten for example would be welcome. I think Richo is an inclusive coach so that experience would be listened to.

2) A must we get two an elite players in the next two off seasons. I am no wrap for the natural progression route. Think we have a bunch of good kids but many are still just potential.

If we miss out and use 7&8 in the draft, no doubt they will be excellent players but will take 3 seasons to come good.

I believe to be top four we need some stars not just home grown.

If we get the equilivent of Steele and Stevens this year, I will be dissapointed. Not that they are bad players especially Steele but we have worked for years to be in a position to land a Kelly or Martin or Lever.

We just have to.
Would love to get a Kelly , Martin or Lever - but going by all media reports - Martin would be going to the Roos because they are paying what every he wants , Lever is said to be going to the Dogs or Demons by all accounts , Kelly we are a chance I hope unless he stays at GWS or goes to Carlton.
If we don't get any of these who would you go for.

Anyone want to claim this Facebook gem? If so, uppercut yourself...

We should target Schoenmakers, Watts, Mackie. A few older key position players then tank up our mids. Just throw money at people and get them in the red white and black.
i wouldnt think any of those three are on our radar ...

2017 average is over 2 goals a game, which is the number I quoted.
Yeah i know, look he has some talent he started the year in a blaze of glory kicking 6 and following up with 3 that gets the averages up when you only play 10 games so I'll stick with career stats.

The Gold Coast have plenty of talent Scott clayton has given them a decent list but once they get there the place swallows them up. Matera wouldn't be on my list as I have said we have better and he's too small to be of much use elsewhere.

They have have a plenty of players I would love the problem will be that their the ones they want to keep. I wouldn't be that fussed if I was them and could get a trade or good picks for the likes of matera and hall, you can put Ablett in there as well he has checked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back