List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marking is a real confidence thing as much if not more so than goal kicking imho, wait till Billy starts plucking a couple of contested and picking up another 5 marks a game.

He has taken on everyone and matched or beaten them in the physical battle, it bet our mids love him

I'm happy to admit I was wrong on Billy, he's a competitor. I love the way he will use his body to hold the ball up when it gets near him. He's like Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure when you meet him. He looks like he might be on the bongs and he's so laid back he's almost asleep but something switches when he hits the field.

Not keen on Tippett but to get a top kid for cheap I'd consider it. Tippett is a list clogger.
We could use him but it's really using the cap to get what you want which is Florent.

Tippett would drop off just when we need the space.

Their pretty smart up at the swans so you have to strike a fair deal or hope they have a Clarko moment.

This is where trout earns his money not just at the draft.

How childish is that response. Ive already said talls get a rest. Ive also said no side really plays a back up ruckman or try's to fit 4 talls into 3 on the ground. I asked you a question about those things and you come back with that response. Does that mean you have no answer? I would suggest so.
Aliir can play back up ruck (started his career as a ruckman) and his speed makes Blicavs look like Aaron Francis on a bad day.

Marking is a real confidence thing as much if not more so than goal kicking imho, wait till Billy starts plucking a couple of contested and picking up another 5 marks a game.

He has taken on everyone and matched or beaten them in the physical battle, i bet our mids love him.
Hickey was great in 2016 and again in his pre-season game this year. Played like another midfielder in that game picking up disposals at will. And of course that’s why many wanted him over the disposal barren Billy.

But at the end of the day, when it comes to Ruckmen I don’t want who I want. I want who Richo and our midfield want. And yes, I imagine that is Mr Longer.

As Richo would say; "he's a beauty" :thumbsu:

We could use him but it's really using the cap to get what you want which is Florent.

Their pretty smart up at the swans so you have to strike a fair deal or hope they have a Clarko moment.

Did you know that Mav is a bit of a mentor for Florent? Apparently was a real support when his father died - they have a close bond. True story

Something like:

7 & 43 -> 15 & 16
15 & Lonie -> tippet & Florent
8 & 16 -> Kelly

We're shit. Our list is shit & our coaches are shit. May as well just trade everyone & start again, or even fold. No point in going on anymore, I mean, Brisbane & Carlton have better lists than us, even though they struggle to win 6 games. What hope do we have

i am still so pessimistic since the melbourne game that i might even believe the above!!!

I'm an old scrooge and hate the idea of paying 10% of your salary cap to one player but I think we have now put ourselves in a position that requires us to do something big off field with having let go Roo and Monty. Our list is a step back and natural progression might not be enough alone. I'm all in on Kelly now, the ITK that told me he was coming has never faltered in his opinion that he's going to be a Saint but obviously anything can change. We have to go all in on him now or we could be in a position at the end of next year where we lose a coach, have less appeal to players from other clubs and be on a slow climb rather than challenging for finals.
So you had An issue with Rooey getting paid 10-12% of the cap for nearly 10 years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aliir can play back up ruck (started his career as a ruckman) and his speed makes Blicavs look like Aaron Francis on a bad day.

Yep but he plays in a position and helps in the ruck. His kicking and decision making make him look like a poor mans jack Daniels on a bad day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kelly has Chosen Saints for 2018!!
Sauce?

Hot Chilli, Sweet Chilli, Tomato, BBQ??
images

I'm an old scrooge and hate the idea of paying 10% of your salary cap to one player but I think we have now put ourselves in a position that requires us to do something big off field with having let go Roo and Monty. Our list is a step back and natural progression might not be enough alone. I'm all in on Kelly now, the ITK that told me he was coming has never faltered in his opinion that he's going to be a Saint but obviously anything can change. We have to go all in on him now or we could be in a position at the end of next year where we lose a coach, have less appeal to players from other clubs and be on a slow climb rather than challenging for finals.

Plus when he's captain in 2019 he might be able to lure some other gws mates out of there . A bit like what Carlton is doing.

Yep but he plays in a position and helps in the ruck. His kicking and decision making make him look like a poor mans jack Daniels on a bad day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A poor man's JD?
Lordie, I didn't know you could get into negative effective disposals

Plus when he's captain in 2019 he might be able to lure some other gws mates out of there . A bit like what Carlton is doing.
Not sure it's doing the old Navy Blues much good, they've just delisted Sumner and Jaksch (pick 10 and 12 respectively, though a draft apart I think).

As well as Gorringe who was pick 10 in 2010 (though ex-Sun).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back