2017 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe 19 and a fringe player (with salary paid) for Ablett and a pick in the late 20s.

Geelong would do that but i dont think we have a player willing to go to GC. I cant see us trading 19 for ablett straight up unless we got a decent younger player in the deal as well but i reckon 19 for ablett and one of their late 20sish picks (they will have a few surplus picks this year) is doable.

Geelong would do that but i dont think we have a player willing to go to GC. I cant see us trading 19 for ablett straight up unless we got a decent younger player in the deal as well but i reckon 19 for ablett and one of their late 20sish picks (they will have a few surplus picks this year) is doable.

I thought I read that some players were keen they just weren't that good.

I agree 19 for Ablett and something makes sense as a starting point. Ok for both sides.

I thought I read that some players were keen they just weren't that good.

I agree 19 for Ablett and something makes sense as a starting point. Ok for both sides.

I think we were hoping lang would go there but it sounds like he wants to stay in Vic and will pick a Vic club. I think there was a list of some (probably fringe) players that we gave GC that we were willing to trade to them but basically all of those have reportedly refused to go. Hence why picks are a more likely trade now.

With Rumours about Poppy going to Adelaide. How about this:
Poppy, Hawks 2018 5th & pick 44 for Crows 2018 2nd & Dees 2018 4th

So that will probably end up looking like
Poppy, 80-85 & 44 for 30-35 & 65-70
Reckon that looks fair.

Thoughts?

Reckon that looks fair.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't do it if I was the crows.

Maybe a token pick for Poppy. Something in the 50s is about his mark.

I wouldn't do it if I was the crows.

Maybe a token pick for Poppy. Something in the 50s is about his mark.
The deal values Poppy as a late 40s pick if you look at it from a points POV + Adelaide get that pick 80-85 which doesn't warrant any points as it is largely a steaknives pick but a pick like that helped the Dogs get a 2018 4th back from Freo in the Crozier deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The deal values Poppy as a late 40s pick if you look at it from a points POV + Adelaide get that pick 80-85 which doesn't warrant any points as it is largely a steaknives pick but a pick like that helped the Dogs get a 2018 4th back from Freo in the Crozier deal

I don't think poppy is worth involving in a trade which includes a second rounder in a good draft. Even if it is just a downgrade.

multiple kids don't mean much without experienced heads to teach them.
Experienced players mean nothing if there's no talent to teach.

There's a lot of experienced players you could bring in inexpensively if what you need is mentoring.

You don't trade Gibbs, you'll be stuck downgrading a higher rated pick to try and get Kennedy. Or you'll be giving away good players, like you did with Touhey.

Reckon that looks fair.

Thoughts?

Crows say no,they need points for Edwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop being assholes.

It's a complete scam you got that pick. You didn't deserve it.

Give it to GCS and be thankful that the AFL has kissed you on the dick yet again, changed the rules on the fly and somehow given Geelong another unearned bonus.

Stop being assholes.

It's a complete scam you got that pick. You didn't deserve it.

Give it to GCS and be thankful that the AFL has kissed you on the dick yet again, changed the rules on the fly and somehow given Geelong another unearned bonus.

Wont happen whether you want it to or not we wont trade that much for Ablett nor should we.

As for the compensation if spudvickery and 4yearsinthevfl mayne can get compo picks in the 20s 19 for motlop isn't outrageous.

Should the fa rules change? As it stands the team gaining a player gets a free hit, the team losing gets compensated and everyone else loses due to pick downgrades.Over time we say this evens out, but I think the more powerful teams stand to gain much more. If picks and contracts were ranked in points, then perhaps the team with the free hit needs to pay something linked to contract value and duration offered. Won't cover all scenarios (ie Brian lake), but would likely lead to fairer fa offers, more straight out trades and no adverse impacts to parties not involved in the fa trade

Experienced players mean nothing if there's no talent to teach.

There's a lot of experienced players you could bring in inexpensively if what you need is mentoring.

You don't trade Gibbs, you'll be stuck downgrading a higher rated pick to try and get Kennedy. Or you'll be giving away good players, like you did with Touhey.

Yeah but Gibbs is good AND experienced. Why would we want an over-the-hill 'mentor' when we can have Gibbs - 4th in our B&F (behind an AA team player, AA squad player and our captain), our highest Brownlow vote-getter etc. He was among our best in all our wins as well as almost dragging us over the line in a couple of narrow losses.

Besides, we don't have any talent to teach if we don't get a late first rounder for Gibbs? :drunk: Yeah ok

Yuk.
How is Francis worth the same as Cameron.

DangerSloane: Question would Adelaide even want Francis ?

From a neutrals point of view I just don't see a lot of value in Francis

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back