Game Day 2018 AFL Draft - Live Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

From my limited draft knowledge, it seems like we've done really well.

Covered an immediate need for an inside mid with Valente & Bewley and in Sturt we have that medium sized forward with a huge upside to act as a foil to Hogan, Lobbe and Tabs. Schultz is a win on name basis alone.

Yes. One of the things you do know about these "mature" age pickups is what their attitude is like. Its all great to be full of motivation when you are in a development squad at 17 dreaming of getting drafted.

But if you are still working hard when you are 20-ish getting (at best) part-time wages in a state league and when all your mates are getting on with their lives at uni or in their job or whatever, then you start to see who is really motivated.

Yeah the older fella was working as a chippie this morning, so he'll be hungry all right.

Couldn't he get a letter from his Doctor? Or his Mum? Something along the lines of it would be good for his health to move interstate.

Maybe he already did. There was one player wasn't there? Could explain why he slid, and Freo have form in that regard (McCarthy) :D.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really love the Sturt selection. Super excited to see him progress.

I think Valente will be ok and at pick 32 is fair.

Really have doubts on Schultz and would've preferred Woodcock as a similar player but also Fraser Turner as another mid.

Bewly should turn out ok and be good depth at worst. Local boy English probably could've achieved the same though and getting 1 local would've been nice.

Carter is a massive bonus imo.

Overall I'll give it a B.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2018 AFL Draft - Live Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back