Game Day 2018 AFL Draft - Live Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes but why not trade for someone like Gold Coast's future pick? Or someone who isn't likely to finish top 6
Because West Coast must have been the team smart enough to come to them with the idea, WCE are very good with this future trading business.

There are also only limited teams who can trade future picks, only about 6 or so teams I believe due to AFL ruling

Right, it starts to make sense. Swans trade out #27 which was going to be eaten up by any matching for Blakey for a future 3rd rounder. Which they can now use to get back into this year's draft (perhaps package it up with something else?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To the Adelaide board!!

You'd be a brave man to second guess the Adelaide recruiters, they're usually pretty good.

I still remember them being mocked mercilessly for overlooking guaranteed home grown star Brad Ebert for some kid from Victoria who wasn't even going to move over for another year - Paddy Dangerfield.

You'd be a brave man to second guess the Adelaide recruiters, they're usually pretty good.

I still remember them being mocked mercilessly for overlooking guaranteed home grown star Brad Ebert for some kid from Victoria who wasn't even going to move over for another year - Paddy Dangerfield.

They were eventually proved right with Doedee too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gil just stuffed up didn't he, saying Swans matched Adelaide's bid on Blakey when it was GWS's bid. How hard is it to get it right without a script Gil!

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2018 AFL Draft - Live Chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Back