Prediction 2018 breakout player

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll throw a different one in here and say Tim Broomhead finally puts it together and becomes a consistent player.
Can’t see it myself. I like Broomy and I’ve cut him lots of slack because of his poor injury managment but he’s frustrating because he has talent. A bit like Aish. What position will he make it at the next level? I like him as a small forward but I think others are in front of him. Everywhere else he plays he gets pushed off the ball because he has no size on him. Could be a make or break year for him next year.

I used to rate broomy....unfortunatley cant see him making it now

I remain a fan, but unfortunately I think this is as good as it’s gonna get for him!

One things for sure it’s crucial that he, Wills, Sier and Aish get through to ANZAC day unscathed, at least, injury wise to give them the best shot at making it.

The only point in favour of Aish and Broomhead is that we have a cluster of smalls coming off contract (JT, Blair, Varcoe, Smith and Greenwood) and we’ll need to keep 2-3 at least.

Last edited:

Really don't see maynard becoming an a grader. When were this great days last year
The first Hawthorn game and last game against Melbourne. Had a very solid season. Has the potential for A grade, I think he’ll be pretty underrated most of career but hopefully a move into the middle will push him further.

The first Hawthorn game and last game against Melbourne. Had a very solid season. Has the potential for A grade, I think he’ll be pretty underrated most of career but hopefully a move into the middle will push him further.
I know from the 2 games where he played us i thought he'd might make an alright defender. Just can't see him running around in the middle becoming an a grader. Think u guys have a lot better options

I know from the 2 games where he played us i thought he'd might make an alright defender. Just can't see him running around in the middle becoming an a grader. Think u guys have a lot better options
Definitely has it to become a midfielder. Hard, has a good defensive game, has a good penetrating kick and just does the 1 percenters well.

He won’t be full time mid this year but when Pendles slows down I’d say he’d be the one to take his spot.

Well, obviously you’re an expert on what his potential is given your whopping sample size of two games. Thanks for your fascinating insights.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I used to rate broomy....unfortunatley cant see him making it now

Could make an impact somewhere else
Might have missed the boat with us
Pretty sad only Grundy out of 5 top 20
Selections 2 years tells our story
Lets hope we can get a second or third pick for him, aish and shaz

I really believe both Aish and Broomy need to be turned into defenders to save their careers.
Who do they replace though.

Maynard if he moves to midfield I guess, they’d be competing with Murray
Still like Broomhead’s chances, finished the season off not to bad.
Aish is the one though, needs game time, but where ?

You must have really taken a keen interest in him. A whole 2 games and your an expert on him.

Hey just asking a question in the off-season. Don't need to get so salty

You weren’t asking the question, you came here saying you don’t see him becoming an A grader. And you based this on 2 games against your mob.

He’s played many good games, you wouldn’t know it because our terrible seasons of late have put the spotlight on the underperformance of our club as opposed to the several shining lights that we have had. Maynard has definitely been one of them.

Still like Broomhead’s chances, finished the season off not to bad.
I don’t, he’s a fair way down the list of mids at the club and we just added a pick 6 that we will want to get midfield mins into.
Aish is the one though, needs game time, but where ?
Lock down defender for me, think he looked good playing their vs hawks before he got injured.
Broomy as a rebounder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2018 breakout player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back