2018 Fantasy/Supercoach/Dreamteam - Opposition supporters post your questions here

Remove this Banner Ad

Really interested in Sam Mayes. 60 to 70 to 80 in his last 3 seasons. Good size and skillset. But is he going to be freed up enough to be a SC relevant player? Think there's a chance he will be one of those guys who is very good as a player but not a SC player - thoughts?? Midfield time??
Seen this question hasn't been answered

I'm interested too, if he can turn them average 60-70 games into 80s and 90s then he'll average 90 odd. 5 years in the system now.

Seems to have a fantasy game but consistency is the key for him improving, wonder if it comes if Brisbane rises up the ladder?

Really interested in Sam Mayes. 60 to 70 to 80 in his last 3 seasons. Good size and skillset. But is he going to be freed up enough to be a SC relevant player? Think there's a chance he will be one of those guys who is very good as a player but not a SC player - thoughts?? Midfield time??

Dodongo thinks Mayes will lift another gear this year and average over 90. Dodongo thinks he will put in a few 100 point games too. Dodongo expects to see Mayes be a top 10 defender for the next 7 years. Dodongo has Mayes in Dodongo's team.

I can see him improving as a player, but I wouldn't bet on improved numbers this year, mostly since I wouldn't expect his usage rate to stay as high. We've added an extra set of reliable hands in Hodge, you'd expect growth out of Witherden, and you'd hope for some reduction in the amount of ball going into the backline through midfield improvement (return of Robinson/Christensen, growth of Berry/McCluggage). I think a comparable average would be a good year for Mayes, with a lift next year and beyond (Hodge probable retirement, Witherden getting some midfield minutes).

Guys how come Mathieson and Cutler havnt been named...? Got them both in my draft league :/

Few players ahead of them. If I had to guess I'd say matho is probably more likely to get a game first.

Thought that Mathieson and Keays all improved (relatively) last season? Who is in the squad that's better than them?

Thought that Mathieson and Keays all improved (relatively) last season? Who is in the squad that's better than them?

They certainly did. However senior players returning from injury will have impacted them - Bundy in for Keays and Bell has I think displaced Mathieson with the help of a strong preseason. I'm confident that both will see a fair bit of gametime this year though.

Sorry for the intrusion guys, just wondering who you'd pick (for supercoach) out of Rayner and Christenson in terms of both scoring potential and profit? Not fussed about the extra 50,000 as I've got a bit of cash lying around at the moment (had to downgrade libba after the ACL! :mad::mad:)

Hey guys, watched Beams closely on the weekend and after HT he looked cooked. Couldn't run and poor decision making. Do you think that's just due to a lack of match fitness? Will he bounce back?

Cheers.
1st game for the year. Still picked up 29 possessions IIRC He'll be fine

Hey guys, watched Beams closely on the weekend and after HT he looked cooked. Couldn't run and poor decision making. Do you think that's just due to a lack of match fitness? Will he bounce back?

Cheers.

I think he did pretty bloody well for a guy who hasn't played a warm up game or intraclub and lost his father only a few weeks ago. He'll be fine in a few weeks. I'm backing him to be AA squad this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zorko. Sigh! What's going on there?

Currently becoming closely acquainted with the opposition tagger. Seems to be getting a bit better at dealing with it, but there may be an adjustment process involved here.

Currently becoming closely acquainted with the opposition tagger. Seems to be getting a bit better at dealing with it, but there may be an adjustment process involved here.
Thanks. Not sure I can deal with an adjustment period when guys like Selwood and Mitchell are killing it and not in my team. Hmmm tough decision ahead.

Thanks. Not sure I can deal with an adjustment period when guys like Selwood and Mitchell are killing it and not in my team. Hmmm tough decision ahead.
Zorko is going to have a few 120 games but he’s also going to have a few 80’s. Much better options around the same price.

How are people rating Christiansen so far? think he can keep up a good average? I'm thinking of bringing him in for either Billings or Wingard. Averaging well and still pretty cheap. But want him for the entire season.

How are people rating Christiansen so far? think he can keep up a good average? I'm thinking of bringing him in for either Billings or Wingard. Averaging well and still pretty cheap. But want him for the entire season.

Started with him as a low-end midpricer, very happy with him so far both as a fan and as a Fantasy player. I think after 18 months out you've got to question whether he can sustain over the entire season - he did come back fit as a fiddle and had plenty of running in him so he's got as good a chance as you can get. Assuming that, yes, he'll probably continue his round 2-4 scoring (round 1 he's still getting back to the pace of the game of course!)

So for me he's a potential keeper, possibly slipping towards F6 as the season wears on and I bring in some more premiums. But I don't know he's going to get into the top-10 forwards. And while he's still generating cash, he's already burnt through a fair chunk of his earning potential. Makes it difficult to justify bringing him in.

Beams @$470k in SC.

Convince me not to
he'll build up but its still going to take a bit of time. Had a pretty limited pre season while his father was in his final months of his battle with cancer.

he'll build up but its still going to take a bit of time. Had a pretty limited pre season while his father was in his final months of his battle with cancer.

Deledio out means I need a fwd now. Mitch Robinson. Convince me not too lol

Remove this Banner Ad

2018 Fantasy/Supercoach/Dreamteam - Opposition supporters post your questions here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back