Mega Thread 2018 List Management, Free Agency & Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noooo! This might upset Hammer.

Edit, also, who wants Kersten? He is not terrible but strange player to take as a steak knife.

Could only see Kersten to Gold Coast. Maybe Carlton.

Actually can’t even see either interested in him.

The thing no one really talks about is how getting Lobb and Hogan affects our draft strategy.

Lobb, Darcy, Hogan, Cox, Tabs and Dixon.

We’re set for rucks and tall forwards for the next 5-10 years.

We need 1 more tall back. Other than that we can concentrate on mids and goal kickers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Sandilands Darcy (ruck), hogan (full forward), lobb (forward pocket / ruck), tabs (chf). Dixon challenging for tabs place who shouldn’t be a lock.

Cox to the backline to do a McGovern role.

Too tall?

Post Sandilands Darcy (ruck), hogan (full forward), lobb (forward pocket / ruck), tabs (chf). Dixon challenging for tabs place who shouldn’t be a lock.

Cox to the backline to do a McGovern role.

Too tall?
I think the structure is fine, but I am leaving Cox forward all day long as I think his ceiling is miles above Tabs and Lobb. Also think Cox/Tabs are better deep because they are decent in a wrestle, Hogan not so much.

Far out if Bell pulls this off our rebuild could almost be over by Wednesday night.
Not quite. We would have to absolutely nail our later picks this year to get midfield depth for that. We could have a spine though.

Next year (especially if we keep our 1st and 2nd) we should have it mostly done.

The thing no one really talks about is how getting Lobb and Hogan affects our draft strategy.

Lobb, Darcy, Hogan, Cox, Tabs and Dixon.

We’re set for rucks and tall forwards for the next 5-10 years.

We need 1 more tall back. Other than that we can concentrate on mids and goal kickers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I look at O’Reilly and turn him into a back with pick 49.

Noooo! This might upset Hammer.

Edit, also, who wants Kersten? He is not terrible but strange player to take as a steak knife.

He’ll do well in a team with clean delivery I50. If he takes 3 marks in the fwd line, there’s a good chance he’s gonna kick 3.

He’s handy to have.

Not quite. We would have to absolutely nail our later picks this year to get midfield depth for that. We could have a spine though.

Next year (especially if we keep our 1st and 2nd) we should have it mostly done.

We have a lot of kids midfield already too.

Brayshaw and Cerra should step up.
Hoping North and Crowden do also

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most people oversell the actual real world value of draft picks. Generally speaking, the value of them is in the promise rather than deliver.

I mean Hawthorn almost seems to have the draft as a secondary strategy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have a lot of kids midfield already too.

Brayshaw and Cerra should step up.
Hoping North and Crowden do also

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reckon we definetly need 2-3 more high draft pick if solely for their kicking skills. Can't have a midfield where Cerra is the only mid that can actually kick.

Still need more mids. I’d go mids before small forwards actually. Mainly because most mids start their career at half forward anyway and also because our NGA is stacked with small forwards next year - only need one or two good ones from there and we’re set for small forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back