2018 Rate My Team (Post JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
:thumbsu: good side .....i would just move Keefe to the opposite end to where you have Sicily ....currently both up forward, taking away your DPP switch

I agree regarding Heeney ...not in my side ....hasn't done enough, or looked good enough to justify the price tag

Don't plan on using Sicily's DPP until my team isn't littered with rookies.
There's actually decent rookies in the backline, I'm not gonna miss one of them to open up a swing set I have no intention on using early.

Don't plan on using Sicily's DPP until my team isn't littered with rookies.
There's actually decent rookies in the backline, I'm not gonna miss one of them to open up a swing set I have no intention on using early.
So Keefe is on your bench on his merit then ?

Why is there no :hearts: for Curnow in Carlton supporters SC sides ??

Because it's very unlikely for any 27 gamer to become a premium scorer in thier 3rd year.

Because it's very unlikely for any 27 gamer to become a premium scorer in thier 3rd year.

Clayton+Oliver+AFL+Rd+12+Melbourne+v+Collingwood+n4CjLcCe6eel.jpg

Hey guys,

This is my first attempt at a side, let me know what you think. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thinking about these changes:
Jacobs > Ryder
Thuoy > McGovern
Mindy > Billings

Thanks in advance!

IMG_4259.JPG
IMG_4260.JPG

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
You may be right but if we all picked the same sides then this would be extremely boring wouldn't it? The upside is that the tigers play the first match of the round so I'll know early on whether I need to flick him.
I just try and pick the best side to give me the best chance of winning, it becomes extremely boring when you’re struggling. But yeh who knows, it could pay off. Extremely unlikely but hopefully you can come back and tell me ‘told you so’!

Hey guys,

This is my first attempt at a side, let me know what you think. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

View attachment 468854
View attachment 468855

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not bad. I don't think H Brayshaw will play, most people are picking A Brayshaw of the Freo variety. Very game to pick Mundy, but who knows it could pay off. Surely better options than him though. And running all 3 West Coast rookies in the forward line seems risky. Not sure that any of them have the kind of job security or scoring potential that you should be looking for in a rookie. Maybe 1 or 2 them turns out a good pick. In general, forward rookies are usually pretty crap, so you might want to consider restructuring your side so that you don't have to pick as many. That might mean sacrificing someone like Kelly or Zorko from your midfield.

I think with that team you have about $250K spare right? Use that to turn H Brayshaw into A Brayshaw and to try to strengthen your forward line after downgrading a mid.

I wouldn’t be confident on Ellis at all, he’s not even best 22.

While your probably right, CEllis is in the best 25~, was emergency for the GF, and had a really solid year in the VFL.
There's gonna be at least 2 changes to the side due to Rioli and Broad being out, but it looks like they'll be replaced by Bolton and Short at this point.
If Prestia is out round 1 he'll play but could well end up being a trap if he's only in because Prestia isn't right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think the JLT figures can be taken with a grain of salt.
TOG% an good example. You'd expect McLean's numbers to be better with more playing time. The season TOG% would be much closer to reality you'd think.
When you look at last season's numbers, they are very similar when you take into account McLean played three less games.
Dahlhaus has a higher ceiling. Can McLean keep his post bye average going? Doubtful I say as per previous post.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/2018-forwards.1183581/page-16#post-54120314

#faithrestored

Ok, now can I have some more examples from the 803 other players in the comp.
Didn't say they're frequent :p....but then Curnow also has had big wraps & finished the season off strongly .....maybe it's the lack of recent media puff pieces, that seems to boost SC ownership

Others? .....J.Selwood, C.Judd, O.Wines ....

Gone for a much more premo/rookies team.
No Lycett
No Sicily
No Birchall
No Christensen
No O'Meara
No Cogs

I feel much better for it.

Can't upload an image of my team for some reason but i'll type it out
Rookies are basically place holders

38K left

B: Hibberd, Houli, Savage, Naughton, Doedee, Murray (Payne, L.Murphy)
M: Titch, Duncan, Zerrett, Fyfe, Treloar, Brayshaw, Banfield, Kelly (Finlayson, Ahern, Barry)
R: Goldstein, Gawn (Cameron)
F: Franklin, Billings, Dahlhaus, Walters, Petracca, Fritsch (Keefe, Garlett)

Any suggestions would be welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back