Prediction 2018 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

I reckon cam Rayner is a huge chance. His work in the last 5 mins was cherry on top of an impressive game

Rayner was super late on. But overall he didn't have that much impact before then. He'll get his nomination and looks a star in the making but Henry's performance this week was better over 4 quarters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought at the start of the year all of Brayshaw, Dow and LDU would be up there, getting significant gametime in their preferred positions. I suppose Freo have mostly played Brayshaw off the flanks rather than in the middle due to his size, Dow was slow to start but had his best game on the weekend and LDU has been in and out... All have showed signs at various times, but expected they'd be doing more.

For Freo all of Cerra, Banfield and Crowden have outperformed Brayshaw IMO. Duman looks decent too.

I thought at the start of the year all of Brayshaw, Dow and LDU would be up there, getting significant gametime in their preferred positions. I suppose Freo have mostly played Brayshaw off the flanks rather than in the middle due to his size, Dow was slow to start but had his best game on the weekend and LDU has been in and out... All have showed signs at various times, but expected they'd be doing more.

For Freo all of Cerra, Banfield and Crowden have outperformed Brayshaw IMO. Duman looks decent too.

Aside from the fact we got obliterated on Sunday, Brayshaw had one of his better games, where Cerra is pure silk.

RTB is giving them limited time onball but every time Cerra goes in there, oh boy he's got that time stands still thing. The class of 2017 look really good with all of them performing early, I especially like Stephenson.

Aside from the fact we got obliterated on Sunday, Brayshaw had one of his better games, where Cerra is pure silk.

RTB is giving them limited time onball but every time Cerra goes in there, oh boy he's got that time stands still thing. The class of 2017 look really good with all of them performing early, I especially like Stephenson.

I thought Cerra's under 18's highlights looked pretty average, and his kicking overstated but he looks a gun. So clean and smart and a big threat in the air.

Stephenson has been my favourite to watch out of the 2017 draftees too. Think he'll be a comfortable Top 20 league player in pretty quick time. So many strengths, and already proving to be a match winning as an 18-year old rake in his first year of footy. Rare.

RS nomination aside, one pleasing thing about Brayshaw is the constant improvement. He has slowly worked up from about 12 possessions a game at the start of the season to around 17 and has generally had 5+ a game whole season, with a little bit of time in the centre square. I suspect by round 16-17 he will be up slightly over the 20 possessions a game and high tackle numbers with 50% time in the centre square - that's when he might get nominated. His kicking was also very rushed to begin with but is more and becoming more and more effective; his handballing has been good.

Fagan gave witherden a mention for rd9 rising star nod in the press conf
Personally I think Rayner has had better games just less consistent.
After a win we might be a decent chance to get one of them nominated this week
Anyone else jumped up with a good performance?

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction 2018 Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Back