2018 Rucks

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe everyone picking NN. Coming of an ACL, forget it. I can't name one player who came back from their ACL and had value.

I agree and i am staying away not to mention he is not that cheap considering he has not played for so long and for a player of his ability and style knee issues are the last thing you want for him. You will also need decent cover cause i cannot see him playing 18 games let alone the full season and those absences will always be at the worst time as usual!

If he was 300k i would be tempted but 465k.......... No chance.

LOL take off the Carlton coloured sunnies mate and see the facts.
Kruz has always been injured and hadn't even scratched 100 before this season..

2008 20 60.0
2009 22 79.3
2010 13 82.0
2011 12 77.2
2012 20 92.3
2013 16 97.9
2014 1 69.0
2015 13 89.3
2016 21 73.1
2017 21 109.8

Nothing to do with ''hate'' more to do with a terribly unreliable history as far as SC is concerned.

Look what he scores when he is finally healthy and he is having a ripper Pre Season again like last year and if anyone deserves an injury free run it is Kruez!

Any player can get injured though but there is no way i can see Matty averaging less than 100 again when fit and the rucks are a lottery this season like last season and i cannot see a Witts option this year!

Can't believe everyone picking NN. Coming of an ACL, forget it. I can't name one player who came back from their ACL and had value.
Lenny Hayes.

I have no idea. I don't want nic nat, but can't find a second ruck i want? I was expecting to take grundy but bucks is going to play him forward so spud cox can justify his three year contract. No ruck / forwards. No lobb. Ryder is overpriced and has a donut bye. Need Darcy Cameron and Billy Frampton to play.

Unless Lycett is in the R1 team I'll give him a miss. If he is R2 then lock in with Gawn/NicNat, as can cover for either.

If not Ryder plus Cameron = 690k
Nank is 78k cheaper for less points. However he is young, could improve, and he averaged 98 points leading up to the bye, (missed one round). Not a great ruck, but can score heavily with contested marks in general play. Upgrade at the bye, when ruck form is available.
Of course you may have nothing to spend 80k on so go Ryder.

If Kreuzer then you have to cover with Lobbe, which makes it an expensive package.

Goldy is on my radar.. somebody has to score the points for North, i'm expecting him to rebound after a horror season with some niggles.

He's capable of super premo status, i wouldn't be writing him off.
If they had got Martin & Kelly I'd probably be all over him like me with a leg of lamb & a bucket of mint sauce.

My concern is missing those two I feel they're going into full rebuild mode. Which worries me that the Pruess Goose may become the number one ruck choice.

Goldy generally has been better as a ruck that spends 85% (please note % has been plucked from where the sun don't shine) plus as the sole ruckman.

I have no idea. I don't want nic nat, but can't find a second ruck i want? I was expecting to take grundy but bucks is going to play him forward so spud cox can justify his three year contract. No ruck / forwards. No lobb. Ryder is overpriced and has a donut bye. Need Darcy Cameron and Billy Frampton to play.
Mate it would be cool if Frampton comes alive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was feeling uncomfortable having both Gawn and Nic Nat prior to reading this lol would need a miracle for both to get through the season without missing a game. I havn't found cover I'm happy with. I personally am starting to look at a reliable ruckman such as Jacobs with Gawn. Had a decent final series Jacobs and may not have the ceiling of Nic Nat but I would feel less stressed haha. Also looking at Ryder but that R9 bye is a guaranteed donut if don't have cover.

I was feeling uncomfortable having both Gawn and Nic Nat prior to reading this lol would need a miracle for both to get through the season without missing a game. I havn't found cover I'm happy with. I personally am starting to look at a reliable ruckman such as Jacobs with Gawn. Had a decent final series Jacobs and may not have the ceiling of Nic Nat but I would feel less stressed haha. Also looking at Ryder but that R9 bye is a guaranteed donut if don't have cover.

Isn't it your best 18 scorers, doesn't matter if you get a doughnut there, you can have 4 on field doughnuts!

With 99% of teams going Gawn/Nicnat is anyone here going to go someone else for a POD?

Ryder slapping the ball to the same midfield PLUS Rockliff. Locked and loaded, staying away from Gawn who I think won’t return to his best.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nic Nat underdone and a set back.
Ryder has a bye and we are unlikely to have coverage.

Everyone will have Gawn.

Martin is progressively getting worse and his finish to the year was awful, expecting Archie Smith to play more this year.

Grundy will be stifled by Big Cox.

Not many people have faith that the Big Jew can turn it around and Preuss breathing down his neck.

Literally leaves Jacobs and Big Boy.

I don't like this one bit.

I know we are clutching at straws but any takers for Nankervis??
Good up until the bye except for his one week suspension. Average after the bye.
But this was his first full season which showed as he got tired. Previous two seasons played 5 and 6 games.
Averaged 88 and could he be expected to improve on that with all the extra miles now in his legs.

I know we are clutching at straws but any takers for Nankervis??
Good up until the bye except for his one week suspension. Average after the bye.
But this was his first full season which showed as he got tired. Previous two seasons played 5 and 6 games.
Averaged 88 and could he be expected to improve on that with all the extra miles now in his legs.

Nank and Witts are the 2 that stand out that should improve, first season's as number 1 ruck for their respective teams.

I expect them both to increase their average from last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back