List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

How we come out of the upcoming trade week and the draft heading into the future will be very important for his future prospects that said.
I think this part is pretty big as you've said. Going into this off-season it should have been well known that there would be quite a list roll-over and while it seems unlikely we'll net ourselves any big name players, we should be chasing those who have failed to break into their teams 22 due to a depth in a position that we view ourselves as lacking (like we did with Lynch, Jenkins, Jacobs etc) - similar to our overload of inside mids which we're now seeing a couple go. You'd hope someone like GWS might be a team where we've been talking to some of their younger guys to try make them request a trade to Adelaide.

We re-signed Sloane and Lynch in 2018, not after the gf loss. Again, a good list manager makes the right calls, not necessarily the popular calls that pass the bf popularity test. They make the calls that stand the test of time. I am not saying the job is easy. But if Reid isn’t good enough then we need someone who is. The deals we gave to Sloane and Lynch weren’t unanimously popular. In hindsight he got that wrong, while plenty of others were bang on the money. Maybe he needs to be replaced by someone with a bit better foresight and judgement.
Yes

If we know anything about our list management since JR took over, this year we will:

- give one or more albatross contracts we will come to regret (Jenkins)

- overvalue favourite son stat-chasers (Gibbs)

- undervalue “non statistical” unfashionable team players (Lyons, Charles, CEY)

- ruin team balance (4 mid size mid pace mid skill ball magnet pack to pack mids; zero genuine contest winners; zero outside run and pressure)

I look forward to our midfielders all going for 30 possessions per week in a losing team.

List management is IMO the worst performing area of our club. We have learned nothing from the awful 2017 period.

Yes

If we know anything about our list management since JR took over, this year we will:

- give one or more albatross contracts we will come to regret (Jenkins)

- overvalue favourite son stat-chasers (Gibbs)

- undervalue “non statistical” unfashionable team players (Lyons, Charles, CEY)

- ruin team balance (4 mid size mid pace mid skill ball magnet pack to pack mids; zero genuine contest winners; zero outside run and pressure)

I look forward to our midfielders all going for 30 possessions per week in a losing team.

List management is IMO the worst performing area of our club. We have learned nothing from the awful 2017 period.
IMO 2017 was still the remnants of Walsh and we were playing a different game-plan which suited the players we had, even made Jenkins look like a superstar. It failed on the most important day thou so Pyke started to move to his way.
Irrespective of if Pyke's game-plan would have been a winner or not, it clearly didn't work with the players we had on the list.
So is that on list management or the coach?
There is only so many players a list can turn over each year.

Its not even about what I would have preferred it’s about what was in the best interest of the club moving forward. We should have taken the compo pick 8. Sloane isn’t worth a contract that takes him to 33. He is not that good. Love him, but he isn’t elite.

If he was asking for something more his worth and as a result the compo pick for him was much less than 8, then it might have been better to keep him. But $4m over 5 years for a 28 year old that can’t break a tag. Bad move. He isn’t even in our best midfield rotation anymore ffs. Hindsight clearly shows that was the wrong decision. Could have picked up Hately or Caldwell. If a 32 or 33 year old Sloane is best 22 then we are nowhere near a flag at that point.

Due to danger leaving and brads injuries, only Matt has stepped up. Look at how Geelong use Selwood now, unfortunately Sloane has still had to shoulder much of being number 1 mid.

If he could play wing all year and no in the middle, he will be good for us and is deserving of his contract

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Due to danger leaving and brads injuries, only Matt has stepped up. Look at how Geelong use Selwood now, unfortunately Sloane has still had to shoulder much of being number 1 mid.

If he could play wing all year and no in the middle, he will be good for us and is deserving of his contract

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sloane isn’t the player he once was. Hasn’t been for 2-1/2 years. You have just said it yourself. He’s not even first choice midfield anymore. You don’t give an $800k x 5 year contract to a near 30 year old to play wing. Everyone knows he isn’t good enough to lead our midfield anymore. That’s exactly why he isn’t deserving of that contract.

Brad’s probably the closest we’ve got to a player that “deserves” a contract like that. But personally I wouldn’t want us to give it to him. He is one of the least damaging mids in his class in the AFL. He is a butcher. He doesn’t chase his opponent hard enough/long enough. And he his body is unlikely to hold up for a 5 year contract. You see better players than Brad end up leaving GWS for a packet of chips because their bodies didn’t hold up.

It’s unfortunate. The one player that really was worthy of that big contract was Danger. To compensate for a feeling of inadequacy of not being able to hold on to him we seem to be throwing around deals to guys that don’t deserve it. It’s time to stop trying to prove to the world that we can hold on to players by overpaying undeserving players in order to keep them.

I truly hope this Nick Robertson talk is rubbish.

If we want a tagger we already have Knight and Kelly.

Reminds me of our futile chase for the Lions’ Selwood back in Craig’s day. Blegghh.

Reminds me of our futile chase for the Lions’ Selwood back in Craig’s day. Blegghh.
Robertson is a big upgrade on Knight. Runs as hard, is bigger and stronger.

Wouldn't have him in the best 22 though.

What’s your current thought on Kemp’s draft range?

You think he’s still gonna find his way into the top 10 given the ACL?

I doubt many non finals teams are looking to red shirt a top 10 draft pick, but for me, it he’s available at our first pick regardless of its that’s 4 or 13, I’m seriously considering taking him!
Yes still goes top 10 I think.

Robertson is a big upgrade on Knight. Runs as hard, is bigger and stronger.

Wouldn't have him in the best 22 though.
How about we move Knight on & try one of our younger guys as a run with player. Eg. Polholke or Gallucci.

We need to rebuild our midfield & would prefer we give our own guys who have lacked opportunity rather than bring in a fringe player from another side.

What talk? It was mentioned once about a week ago with nothing since. It's just one of those names that pop up sporadically and we never hear of them again.

How about we move Knight on & try one of our younger guys as a run with player. Eg. Polholke or Gallucci.

We need to rebuild our midfield & would prefer we give our own guys who have lacked opportunity rather than bring in a fringe player from another side.
Physically I think Poholke could do the job, probably gets him around the ball more and he will hurt his opponent moving forward.

I actually have a large degree of empathy for West Coast regarding
Tim Kelly ( & Tim Kelly himself)
The Vic mentality when it suits
He can go home to WA - 2 Clubs

The Geelong Club and their BF supporters are so hypocritical if you look at what we had to endure with Dangerfield
He nominated Geelong when there was 9 other home in Melbourne

People not understanding Kelly is out of Contract status

You look at Geelong BF board
Infractions for anyone who comes on with Kelly in a WCE guernsey

Hell its laughable. We went through hell with that lot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade paperwork officially lodged. Brisbane Lions sign Unrestricted Free Agent Cameron Ellis-Yolmen. Adelaide Crows to receive a Third Round compensation selection, currently number 47.
I'll take that.

I actually have a large degree of empathy for West Coast regarding
Tim Kelly ( & Tim Kelly himself)
The Vic mentality when it suits
He can go home to WA - 2 Clubs

The Geelong Club and their BF supporters are so hypocritical if you look at what we had to endure with Dangerfield
He nominated Geelong when there was 9 other home in Melbourne

People not understanding Kelly is out of Contract status

You look at Geelong BF board
Infractions for anyone who comes on with Kelly in a WCE guernsey

Hell its laughable. We went through hell with that lot
Something like this?

kelly-wce-jpg.759081

Trade paperwork officially lodged. Brisbane Lions sign Unrestricted Free Agent Cameron Ellis-Yolmen. Adelaide Crows to receive a Third Round compensation selection, currently number 47.

Not bad. Not bad at all.

If we lose Sauce do we get another pick or an upgrade of 47?

What if we bring one more player in...how does it work?

We won’t get an upgrade. We will either get nothing or another 3rd round. Possibly pick 48.

If we bring a free agent in, we should lose a pick we have gained

Every player is an individual transaction. They are based on their own ability. You can not group them together to get one great pick.

Pretty sure if we were to bring in a FA, it wipes that picks out.

Equally, without any reference (so could be horrifically wrong), I think it's you get another pick for another player lost to FA.

Pretty sure if we were to bring in a FA, it wipes that picks out.

Equally, without any reference (so could be horrifically wrong), I think it's you get another pick for another player lost to FA.
I think Sauce gets traded. Paperwork would already be in otherwise.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back