List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

If I was reid, I’d pull Gold Coast and bulldogs into a room together and put a line in the sand. Pick 20 for greenwood, pick 13 for Keath and 23.

if they don’t want to pony up, we will up our offer to greenwood as he is happy to stay, and send Keath to the psd for gc to take.
Seriously

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bulldogs are playing the game. Trying to get Keath and Bruce without giving up pick 13
Can’t blame them for trying, but as the deadline approaches they will realise they will need to give up their first to get deals done. Add Keath and Bruce and Bulldogs are major premiership contender
Reid needs to stand firm
I hope Reid learns something from this type of negotiating. Clubs will only give us what they want unless we bend over. This is what he should have been like n the Gibbs trade.

So in regards to Green in the draft, if we nominate him at pick 4 (then the Giants need pick 6 or better to match?
Does it simply mean if Giants can’t get their hands on one of these picks then Green would be ours if Dees don’t nominate at pick 3?

So in regards to Green in the draft, if we nominate him at pick 4 (then the Giants need pick 6 or better to match?
Does it simply mean if Giants can’t get their hands on one of these picks then Green would be ours if Dees don’t nominate at pick 3?
If GWS pony up overs for Jacobs then we won't go after Green.

Crows haggle over Keath value

Adelaide has pointed to the Western Bulldogs' trade involving defender Marcus Adams last year as a fair equivalent in a deal to send Alex Keath to the Kennel.

The Age reports the Crows think a swap similar to Adams going to Brisbane for pick No.32 and a future third-round selection last year as fair value in the Keath talks.

Adams was contracted and a year younger than 28-year-old intercept backman Keath, however, and the Dogs believe a selection close to their picks 45 or 51 is correct value.
I'd have though the title should be
"Dogs offer huge contract to player they rate as pick 50"

They can match the bid and would lose pick 6 and later picks would shuffle backwards that they have. I expect Crows or Swans to nominate Green. I rate him as 3rd best in the draft. Giants will be keen to get to pick 3 I imagine.

This could be a bonus for us in the keath trade. The Saints will want a 2nd rounder inside 30 from the Bruce trade to cover the cost of Jones (assuming the swans hold fast) It might open the door to the dogs trading pick 13 to us for Keath + 23 - heck I'd even swap the other 2nd rounder with them for pick 32 so we downgrade our 2nd pick by a few places to get the pick 13 from them

Not exactly. If we were to match Green at pick 4, it would cost the Giants 1671 points to match which would wipe out their pick 6, and a little bit of excess.

The likelihood here is the Giants have traded up to offer a trade to us/Melbourne to make sure they get someone else, then Green later on.

This could be a bonus for us in the keath trade. The Saints will want a 2nd rounder inside 30 from the Bruce trade to cover the cost of Jones (assuming the swans hold fast) It might open the door to the dogs trading pick 13 to us for Keath + 23 - heck I'd even swap the other 2nd rounder with them for pick 32 so we downgrade our 2nd pick by a few places to get the pick 13 from them
Thought Zak Jones would've been worth more than a pick in the 20s.

Crows haggle over Keath value

Adelaide has pointed to the Western Bulldogs' trade involving defender Marcus Adams last year as a fair equivalent in a deal to send Alex Keath to the Kennel.

The Age reports the Crows think a swap similar to Adams going to Brisbane for pick No.32 and a future third-round selection last year as fair value in the Keath talks.

Adams was contracted and a year younger than 28-year-old intercept backman Keath, however, and the Dogs believe a selection close to their picks 45 or 51 is correct value.

Just throwing it out there

Pick 23, pick 28 and Alex Keath for pick 13 and a 2020 second round pick from st kilda

23 to Zac Jones

28 for Josh Bruce

Then on trade that 2020 second round pick and Greenwood for GCS pick 20.

I hope Reid learns something from this type of negotiating. Clubs will only give us what they want unless we bend over. This is what he should have been like n the Gibbs trade.

He did just fine with Gov, Charlie and Lever who the media said we got well overs and horribly undervalued our players. Gibbs was a gamble and although it didn’t work out, it made sense for where we were at, at the time. It was a bust, but we have to move forward, like the stupid bickering over Danger, it’s gone, past, finished, done and dusted, piggy ain’t coming back!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 50 for Keith is no where going to cut it. Especially when he and Greenwood are really in the market as we think they have value.
I know right, and if Pick 50 won’t even get you Keith, imagine how much Keath would get us? 😉

For Pick 50, to be honest anything over Pick 40, I would rather us keep Keath here.

Dogs pay up or f**k off.

One solution that could be beneficial for all three clubs is for the Dogs to send 13, 32 and 53 to Adelaide for 23, 28 and Keath, a deal that values him just shy of pick 34 on the AFL Draft Value Index.

I would almost consider this deal.

Still think Keath + 28 for Pick 13 is the right play here.

Here is some bs of the Dogs posters on their board re:Keath

Trading pick 13 will be an option right til the last bell. Bruce and Keath aren’t going anywhere. No need for hand wringing because we haven’t paid top dollar immediately.

Worst case scenario is that we trade 13 and get both of them. That’s an amazing worst case scenario. But there’s no reason not to take our time and see if we can do the deals cheaper.

The Papley trade seems to be the one that's holding everything up this trade period.

The Suns could well have three picks between 15 and 25 after the Martin trade. We should be looking to do a deal with them, noting that they need points for Budarick (Academy pick).

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back