Resource 2019 FINALS TICKET THREAD **MCG Sold Out! PRO live site on sale Wed morning**

Remove this Banner Ad

So Giants are advising their supporters that everyone who entered the ‘ballot’ was successful. They get another shot between 3-5 today, so I guess after that we’ll know how many extra tickets are left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being offered tickets in PM's, bit wary about buying tickets from people I don't know.... so many horror stories...Good luck to anyone who buys one. I'll definitely think about it though but the little voice inside my head tells me otherwise.

Indeed. Tread warily.

And welcome to the Rookies and Draftees.

Haere Ra

24 years for me how do you think I feel!?!?? :'(:drunk:
Yeah a lot of campaigners going for sob stories on here “been a member for x years”... it hurts but it’s not a right!!! It’s a privilege to be a member for that many years. There’s always going to be someone who “deserves a ticket more” if you are going for years/months/days of membership as the requirement for the ticket.

Easy to say and harder to actually do but be grateful that we are even in this predicament!! We have a huge and successful club and are on a wild ride. If you get a ticket congratulations, if you miss out don’t feel like you’re hard done by because there’s plenty of others in your shoes!!

I have a question. Just saying that more tickets open up tomorrow as GWS didn't purchase them.

They are opening up first for those that missed tickets in the ballot. Does that mean that the person that registered for the ballot has to purchase the ticket when they go on sale and pay with their credit card or can someone else make the purchase with that code?

Just need to know my options if they do release more tix to us. I was not sucessful in the original ballot but wondering if someone else can use it under their log on or if Ticketek will remember my details with that barcode.

TIA.

We probably won't make another GF for another 37 years after this one lol.
Well then I won't make it!!! :( Too old! Sell my membership to the highest bidder (keep in touch now!) to cover my funeral expenses! :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone tell me if I needed my ballot linked to a credit card specifically. Mine was linked to a Debit card wondering if that’s why I didn’t get a ticket even tho I had enough $$ Just concerned if extra tickets go back into ballot could screw me over

I can't believe it. I'm 46 years old and finally going to my first grand final. couldn't get tickets in '17 but got a ticket for me and my soon to be teenager son who turns 13 three days after the granny.
Since last year I've been into an old cricket mate of mine who's a gold AFL member and he's come through organising us tickets right on the wing level 4 about a third of the way back.
Absolutely stoked with this viewpoint and can't believe it's finally happening. $600 each ticket (yeah there's a bit of gravy on that but they sell them to pay for their memberships each year) and I didn't have to ring or queue up.

That’s more than ‘a bit’ of gravy— you’re paying more than 3x the face value of the ticket!

That’s the definition of scalping right there!

Can’t you hitch hike to more than 3 games from Bayswater ?

I play at Peninsula Kingswood GC down the road. I’ll pick you up after a few holes. Yellow Gemini. Rego TWEETYBRD.
I can't handle close games!!! Too many medical conditions as it is! Thanks anyways! :drunk: :thumbsu:

Question - looks like the option to print the GF tickets has disappeared now - worth risking a printed ticket or just double down and go to a box office anyway? 🧐
I'm not handling my tickets this year but I recall from 2017 that they said you had to collect them from an agent. I wouldn't risk it mate. Go and collect them!

I can't believe it. I'm 46 years old and finally going to my first grand final. couldn't get tickets in '17 but got a ticket for me and my soon to be teenager son who turns 13 three days after the granny.
Since last year I've been into an old cricket mate of mine who's a gold AFL member and he's come through organising us tickets right on the wing level 4 about a third of the way back.
Absolutely stoked with this viewpoint and can't believe it's finally happening. $600 each ticket (yeah there's a bit of gravy on that but they sell them to pay for their memberships each year) and I didn't have to ring or queue up.
Gonna make the most of the day with a posse of friends and relatives who are either going to the game or Punt Road (which is what we did in '17 and that was brilliant) ...
Would love to organise a table at a pub or even just do the barbecues outside the club rooms if we're allowed to drink beers...
Any suggestions on how to get a table at a great pub like the London would be most appreciated. Happy to go elsewhere of course. Just want it to be bloody brilliant.

Can't Farken believe it's happening...
Good get! I can understand the “gravy” as you put it, I see the membership cost included as the true cost of the ticket. He wouldn’t have been able to get it otherwise. 👍🏼

Enjoy!

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2019 FINALS TICKET THREAD **MCG Sold Out! PRO live site on sale Wed morning**

Remove this Banner Ad

Back