Resource 2019 FINALS TICKET THREAD **MCG Sold Out! PRO live site on sale Wed morning**

Remove this Banner Ad

In Europe and UK the crowds are segregated. If you do what you are suggesting here, we'll end up with more crowd violence. Similar to what we had in the 1970s at our suburban grounds.
It's not going to happen.
Standing room areas have been kept small deliberately to prevent crowd surge. The larger standing areas promote a crushing effect. It is no coincidence that the UK has reduced standing to counter this effect. I lived in the U.K in 79/80 and followed Arsenal. If you were at the front of the North terrace when a goal was scored you could have your ribs broken against the fence as the crowd surged. The MCG Will not increase standing. Plus standing areas are predominantly the domain of men and thus this would also be seen as sexist.
Modern rail seating prevents crowd surges and has been installed at many European stadiums.

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safe_standing:
German clubs using rail seats include Werder Bremen, Hamburg SV, VfL Wolfsburg, Hannover 96, TSG 1899 Hoffenheim, VfB Stuttgart, Bayer Leverkusen and Borussia Dortmund.

In July 2016, Celtic formally unveiled their new 2,600 capacity rail seating area within Celtic Park, becoming the first British club to do so. The club had obtained a "safe standing" certificate 13 months earlier after years of negotiations with supporters, football authorities and Glasgow City Counci

Crowd violence in Australia is nothing like it used to be in Europe and the UK. In fact, in Europe and the UK it nothing like it used to be as well. That said, there are always idiots spoiling for a fight.

Hi everyone, just wondering if anyone knows anyone selling 2 or 3 tickets. I missed 2017 as my son was going through chemo and very keen to not miss this one. Please any help would be great.

If anyone who missed out on the ballot has subsequently obtained a GF ticket through other means, and/or is willing to offload their unsuccessful ballot barcode for tomorrow, please PM me. :D

Good chance to get a ticket they said if they are available - I reckon they are expecting a lot to be redistributed to us. Judging by some calculations I have seen, a lot of us that missed in the P3 may get one! Not so sure about the 12pm lot though!

Got a successful ticket email - General Entry. But not in either the successful or unsuccessful lists. Checked with the club and all OK. Ticketek just have dropped a heap of people off their system.

So I'm happy, but got a bit stressed

Go Tiges

No..... I'm going away 🙄
source.gif

I got my 2017 ticket on Ebay last time, $2000 to sit on the wing, frnnt row.

Today I've seen tickets up in the light towers that are going for over $2000, mental!

I think once the GWS GF ticket allocation and residual allocation to Richmond members has all been sorted, it'll settle a bit, on Wednesday and Thursday will be best bet with scalping campaigners getting a bit edgy.

$2,000 is ridiculous when there a few tigers snagging level 4 seats (halfway back up) for ~$700 in 2017.

The club email doesn't state it specifically, but would it be safe to assume that all barcodes used in the 11am sale tomorrow (if it goes ahead) have to be in the unsuccessful ballot list? Or could one eligible barcode buy an extra ticket for a member that wasn't in the ballot?

If anyone can help me with a barcode for tommorow or want to sell on a ticket they got earlier but have upgraded please pm me...you will get good vibes, good karma and some extra dough to make it worthwhile:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be surprised that all Gold RFC Members get a ticket based on how few people would actually get a GWS ticket legitimately with a barcode during this period right now ending in 10 minutes.

GWS website said they have a window 3-5pm?

The club email doesn't state it specifically, but would it be safe to assume that all barcodes used in the 11am sale tomorrow (if it goes ahead) have to be in the unsuccessful ballot list? Or could one eligible barcode buy an extra ticket for a member that wasn't in the ballot?

According to the club person I just spoke to, if purchsasing for others, they must also be in that unsuccessful list to access the 11am allocation.

I think that's for us. Their window is for any members 3-5pm. They will definitely have some leftover only question is how many.
ahh, yes... my mistake... too many posts in this thread haha easy to get confused.

According to the club person I just spoke to, if purchsasing for others, they must also be in that unsuccessful list to access the 11am allocation.
It puts me in a slightly tricky situation as my wife is on that list but not my son (Silver member, 9 year old, victim of his age).
Might have to roll the dice with the one ticket, and if successful will have to give up my seat & stand with him.

I got my 2017 ticket on Ebay last time, $2000 to sit on the wing, frnnt row.

Today I've seen tickets up in the light towers that are going for over $2000, mental!
Hold fire until later in the week.

People will soon realise they won't be getting $1000 for a ticket this time around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2019 FINALS TICKET THREAD **MCG Sold Out! PRO live site on sale Wed morning**

Remove this Banner Ad

Back