Preview 2019 preliminary final: Richmond vs Geelong, MCG, Friday 20 September, 7.50pm (AEST)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynch dropped a mark, there you go

giphy.gif

I just hope we turn up and play 4 strong quarters regardless of the result.

Considering 1 game of football in a month, some poor starts of late papered over by Brisbane poor accuracy and running over the WCE at home, not losing a game in 3 months, favourites to win the flag, all the ingredients are there for us to get ahead of ourselves again.
The lessons learnt (I'm hoping) after performing so badly in last years Prelim after a similar build up is the main thing that keeps me positive, also losing so badly to them in Rd12 should help keep us motivated, along with general faith in the club to prepare the players for such a game of course...

God i hope the Umpires dont f*** this up.

On SM-J250F using BigFooty.com mobile app
dunno who we got but “Five of the six field umpires have all been to preliminary finals many many times over, with Mathew Nicholls, Ray Chamberlain, Shaun Ryan, Matt Stevic and Simon Meredith all officiating in over 300 AFL games and multiple grand finals. The new boy on the block is Andrew Stephens.”

I have a better idea, Geelong will come out flat as tacks and we will be 5 goals to the good by qtr time.
Well yeah...that would be nice. doesn’t always happen like that though, literally 2 weeks ago we were getting belted by Brisbane in the 1st, just expecting Geelong to come with similar ferocity. If they don’t, they can expect to be on the receiving end of a smacking

dunno who we got but “Five of the six field umpires have all been to preliminary finals many many times over, with Mathew Nicholls, Ray Chamberlain, Shaun Ryan, Matt Stevic and Simon Meredith all officiating in over 300 AFL games and multiple grand finals. The new boy on the block is Andrew Stephens.”
Urgh how did Nicholls, Chamberlain and Meredith get another finals gig? All were awful over the weekend.

Is it too much to ask for Ryan, Stevic and Stephens? :(

I don’t think Ryan has really shafted us this year, not sure about Stevic but no hawthorn so you’d hope he’ll be ok and have no idea who Stephens is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

realllyyy starting to get nervous now. It was exactly this time last year that most supporters thought we would beat collingwood comfortably. They ended up embarassing us completely.

Hoping the players get fired up like they did scoring the first 2 goals inside a couple minutes against the giants in 2017.

I can see this being a strong wrestle until the last 10 minutes.

Last year I was worried because we were playing so half on half off. That said I still expected us to win.

This year we are ON. Geelong is half on half off.

Well yeah...that would be nice. doesn’t always happen like that though, literally 2 weeks ago we were getting belted by Brisbane in the 1st, just expecting Geelong to come with similar ferocity. If they don’t, they can expect to be on the receiving end of a smacking
And two weeks prior to that we belted Brisbane in the 1st.

FFS. How did Nicholls, Chamberlain and Meredith remain on the finals panel after their performances of late ? They were that bad even the 7 commentators were roasting them last week which is highly unusual.

That whole umpiring department and the umpires within are incompetent.

if we get meredith and/or razor im not watching

absolute dead set ****wits

We will be reamed with any combo.

this time last year we were wondering if dusty could run and why on earth dave was in hospital all night
New article i read earlier about dusty mentioned watching him trying to run in the days leading up to the prelim last year and how it was very very obvious he was stuggling

Memories.... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back