Oppo Camp 2019 Premiership Salt Mine

Which team's supporters are the saltiest?

• Adelaide

Votes: 13 2.8%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Carlton

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 59 12.7%
  • Essendon

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • Geelong

Votes: 213 46.0%
  • Gold Coast

• Greater Western Sydney

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • Melbourne

• North Melbourne

Votes: 9 1.9%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • Sydney

• West Coast

Votes: 125 27.0%
  • Western Bulldogs

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
LAST WARNING

The mod bashing has got to stop

One more mod bashing post and this thread gets closed permanently.

If you have an issue with a modding decision, where it be here or elsewhere, take it up with that mod or contact site admin.

Mods are unpaid volunteers volunteering their time to keep this place running smoothly. Try to respect that. Yeah, we dont always get things right, but most here are just trying to do whats best for everyone. Its impossible for mods to make everyone happy, and for every decision a mod makes, there is always going to be someone who disagrees.

Mod bashing never solves anything and it is simply disrespectful to those who take the time to volunteer for this place.

Last edited:

An Adelaide social media expert reckons Richmond fans know the Crows players more our own team because of trolling after the granny

View attachment 889484

I wouldn't recognise many of the Crows players, most went missing during the Granny.

It's kinda funny but at the same time the crows being broken pales in comparison to the day we broke the drought. As the implosion gets bigger it seems its less to do with us and more a horribly shaky culture we were lucky enough to expose. Would be more prominent if it happened to a team after a subsequent flag.

An Adelaide social media expert reckons Richmond fans know the Crows players more our own team because of trolling after the granny

View attachment 889484

I wouldn't recognise many of the Crows players, most went missing during the Granny.

Think you will find they all carpool with Dangerfield.

View attachment 889484

They forgot to make it funny, which is the kind of the point of satire.

James Hird says Essendon was right to knock back Sydney’s trade offer for Joe Daniher

Sydney’s final offer of two first-round draft picks for Joe Daniher was underselling the key forward, according to James Hird. The Essendon legend has also offered a strong defence of the Bombers list manager.

James Hird has backed Essendon’s decision to hold Joe Daniher to the final year of his contract amid a glowing endorsement of veteran list boss Adrian Dodoro.

Hird said Sydney’s offer was not adequate compensation for Daniher, and the Bombers were duty-bound to try and convince the 2017 All-Australian to re-sign.

“Absolutely (they made the right decision),” the club legend and former coach told the Herald Sun.

“Joe Daniher is a terrific player, and he’ll get himself right (physically) at some stage. I think it’s imperative the club tries to hold on to him.

“I don’t know what exactly was on the table, but if it’s what was reported then it was (the right call).”

Dodoro – who asked for Isaac Heeney or Nick Blakey to be included in trade talks – has said Sydney’s final offer was pick 9 and a future first-round selection, which he rejected.

Swans coach John Longmire said this month his club had moved on since the stalemate.

The drugs saga sabotaged the Hird-Dodoro list build, which aimed to win the club’s 17th premiership from 2014-16.

The Bombers were kicked out of the 2013 finals, lost draft picks in 2013-14, had to overpay their players (known as the ASADA tax) and were suspended for the 2015 pre-season and 2016 season.

“You’d say that list would’ve been pretty hard to beat,” Hird said.

“It should’ve been a top-four list, or certainly a finals list. The list we had coming into 2013 was outstanding.

“If you look at the players who are now unfortunately at other clubs due to the ASADA situation – Paddy Ryder, Jake Carlisle – two players that probably should still be on our list if things hadn’t of gone that way, it’s a very different story.”

Hird’s team boasted eight players who reached All-Australian standard. Premier Richmond has eight All-Australians on its 2020 list, including the retired Alex Rance.

“If you look at (Dodoro’s) record through what’s happened at Essendon since 2012, with the ASADA side of things, and the list he was able to build, it’s pretty phenomenal, really,” Hird said.

“It’s a testament to the club, but mostly to Adrian that he’s been able to put that list together through the worst time in the club’s history.”

Hird rubbished claims that Dodoro – and by extension Essendon – was difficult to negotiate with.

“I find that ridiculous, really,” he said.

“Adrian’s primary role is to do the best thing by the Essendon Football Club. He’s not trying to enhance the trade week or make it as exciting as possible for everyone else.

“Being in a lot of those deals and having seen either side of it, Adrian fulfils that role perfectly.

“He’s passionate, he wears (his heart) on his sleeve, he’s very, very intelligent, knows the football world inside and out and has a network of scouts that’s second to none.”

Last edited:
James Hird says Essendon was right to knock back Sydney’s trade offer for Joe Daniher

Sydney’s final offer of two first-round draft picks for Joe Daniher was underselling the key forward, according to James Hird. The Essendon legend has also offered a strong defence of the Bombers list manager.

James Hird has backed Essendon’s decision to hold Joe Daniher to the final year of his contract amid a glowing endorsement of veteran list boss Adrian Dodoro.

Hird said Sydney’s offer was not adequate compensation for Daniher, and the Bombers were duty-bound to try and convince the 2017 All-Australian to re-sign.

“Absolutely (they made the right decision),” the club legend and former coach told the Herald Sun.

“Joe Daniher is a terrific player, and he’ll get himself right (physically) at some stage. I think it’s imperative the club tries to hold on to him.

“I don’t know what exactly was on the table, but if it’s what was reported then it was (the right call).”

Dodoro – who asked for Isaac Heeney or Nick Blakey to be included in trade talks – has said Sydney’s final offer was pick 9 and a future first-round selection, which he rejected.

Swans coach John Longmire said this month his club had moved on since the stalemate.

The drugs saga sabotaged the Hird-Dodoro list build, which aimed to win the club’s 17th premiership from 2014-16.

The Bombers were kicked out of the 2013 finals, lost draft picks in 2013-14, had to overpay their players (known as the ASADA tax) and were suspended for the 2015 pre-season and 2016 season.

“You’d say that list would’ve been pretty hard to beat,” Hird said.

“It should’ve been a top-four list, or certainly a finals list. The list we had coming into 2013 was outstanding.

“If you look at the players who are now unfortunately at other clubs due to the ASADA situation – Paddy Ryder, Jake Carlisle – two players that probably should still be on our list if things hadn’t of gone that way, it’s a very different story.”

Hird’s team boasted eight players who reached All-Australian standard. Premier Richmond has eight All-Australians on its 2020 list, including the retired Alex Rance.

“If you look at (Dodoro’s) record through what’s happened at Essendon since 2012, with the ASADA side of things, and the list he was able to build, it’s pretty phenomenal, really,” Hird said.

“It’s a testament to the club, but mostly to Adrian that he’s been able to put that list together through the worst time in the club’s history.”

Hird rubbished claims that Dodoro – and by extension Essendon – was difficult to negotiate with.

“I find that ridiculous, really,” he said.

“Adrian’s primary role is to do the best thing by the Essendon Football Club. He’s not trying to enhance the trade week or make it as exciting as possible for everyone else.

“Being in a lot of those deals and having seen either side of it, Adrian fulfils that role perfectly.

“He’s passionate, he wears (his heart) on his sleeve, he’s very, very intelligent, knows the football world inside and out and has a network of scouts that’s second to none.”

The rest of the comp is even more thrilled than he is....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

💕💕💕

My Story: Essendon’s Dylan Shiel on Trent Cotchin bump, move to Essendon and early days at the Giants

Dylan Shiel knew something was wrong when he tried to take a mark after being crunched by Trent Cotchin in the 2017 preliminary final. The Bomber lifts the lid on what he thought should happen at the tribunal and why he chose Essendon.

To be honest, I was pretty emotional and upset we lost the 2017 preliminary final.

Naturally a bit of you thinks Trent (Cotchin) could miss the Grand Final and part of me would be, well, that’s probably “fair”.

But, looking back at it, I’m not disappointed he was able to play.

He got me nicely and then everything was a bit of a blur. I started losing a bit of my vision.

I remember going for a mark against Bachar Houli and should’ve taken a very easy mark in the hands but I couldn’t see the ball properly.

I knew then I was in a bit of trouble and once the doctors checked me out I was ruled out of the game.

In a way, I do regret mentioning (blurred vision) to the doctors because I felt fine to play, but you’re not in the headspace to be making that decision yourself.

Richmond skipper Trent Cotchin escaped suspension for this collision with Dylan Shiel in the 2017 preliminary final.
Richmond skipper Trent Cotchin escaped suspension for this collision with Dylan Shiel in the 2017 preliminary final.

It was scary but concussions happen all the time, there’s been worse than what I had.

I think what affected me was the moment, the game, and the fact it was the Richmond captain who was then going to be under scrutiny and potentially miss the Grand Final.

The entire week going into the preliminary final and right up to the bump was a crazy experience.

From the trip down to Melbourne and playing in front of 90,000-plus Richmond fans, compared to minority of Giants supporters, the noise certainly was deafening.

A hell of an experience, unfortunately I was on the wrong side of it.

THE DECISION
I probably put a lot of stress and importance of the decision to move clubs, in some ways you need to because it was the biggest career decision I had to make.

Now, I wish I just enjoyed it a little bit more and maybe said to myself, ‘this decision is not the be all and end all, you don’t need to worry about trying to please the outside world’.

Ultimately, you need to be happy with the decision and please yourself and those close to you.

It was highly stressful and emotional to leave a place I called home for eight years, but it was super exciting to return to the city I grew up and go to a club I could see myself at for the rest of my career.

I’m thoroughly happy with my decision.

Dyson Heppell played a significant role in me wanting to be a Bomber.
He’s a person that connects really well with people and just such a genuine person.

He has become a really close mate and someone I seek to spend time with away from the club.

Essendon captain Dyson Heppell unveils the Bombers’ new recruit Dylan Shiel. Picture: Jason Edwards
Essendon captain Dyson Heppell unveils the Bombers’ new recruit Dylan Shiel. Picture: Jason Edwards

Essendon chief executive Xavier Campbell played a significant role also, just the passion he showed for the future of the club and the importance he put on not making football the be all and end all.

It is something that really clicked with me.

Obviously, football is what I do but it’s not who I am, there’s other interest in life I want to pursue and Xavier was a walking example of that, the way he’s been going about his career.

💕💕💕

My Story: Essendon’s Dylan Shiel on Trent Cotchin bump, move to Essendon and early days at the Giants

Dylan Shiel knew something was wrong when he tried to take a mark after being crunched by Trent Cotchin in the 2017 preliminary final. The Bomber lifts the lid on what he thought should happen at the tribunal and why he chose Essendon.

To be honest, I was pretty emotional and upset we lost the 2017 preliminary final.

Naturally a bit of you thinks Trent (Cotchin) could miss the Grand Final and part of me would be, well, that’s probably “fair”.

He got me nicely and then everything was a bit of a blur. I started losing a bit of my vision.

I remember going for a mark against Bachar Houli and should’ve taken a very easy mark in the hands but I couldn’t see the ball properly.

I knew then I was in a bit of trouble and once the doctors checked me out I was ruled out of the game.

In a way, I do regret mentioning (blurred vision) to the doctors because I felt fine to play, but you’re not in the headspace to be making that decision yourself.

It was scary but concussions happen all the time, there’s been worse than what I had.

I think what affected me was the moment, the game, and the fact it was the Richmond captain who was then going to be under scrutiny and potentially miss the Grand Final.

The entire week going into the preliminary final and right up to the bump was a crazy experience.

From the trip down to Melbourne and playing in front of 90,000-plus Richmond fans, compared to minority of Giants supporters, the noise certainly was deafening.

THE DECISION
I probably put a lot of stress and importance of the decision to move clubs, in some ways you need to because it was the biggest career decision I had to make.

Now, I wish I just enjoyed it a little bit more and maybe said to myself, ‘this decision is not the be all and end all, you don’t need to worry about trying to please the outside world’.

Ultimately, you need to be happy with the decision and please yourself and those close to you.

It was highly stressful and emotional to leave a place I called home for eight years, but it was super exciting to return to the city I grew up and go to a club I could see myself at for the rest of my career.

He’s a person that connects really well with people and just such a genuine person.

He has become a really close mate and someone I seek to spend time with away from the club.

Essendon chief executive Xavier Campbell played a significant role also, just the passion he showed for the future of the club and the importance he put on not making football the be all and end all.

Obviously, football is what I do but it’s not who I am, there’s other interest in life I want to pursue and Xavier was a walking example of that, the way he’s been going about his career.
Get over it. You were beaten to the ball by the tougher player.

💕💕💕

THE DECISION

oooooohhhhhhh retrospective salt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back