No Oppo Supporters Mega Salt Mine thread - Preserve & add flavour years.

Remove this Banner Ad

The best part about it is the ratings system he used to justify taranto not being in the top 150, still has him inside the 150. Also the the same champion data that Kane bagged the north recruiter about using when ranking players, saying you can’t do so behind a computer screen with just numbers. Cornes doubles down on criticism after 'bizarre' exit

So when Richmond had to be stopped from recruiting Hopper and Taranto they were "two gun midfielders" according to Cornes in the last trade period(see below.) Now they are at Richmond Taranto is a dud according to Cornes. And that is all the oxygen that campaignerscrape is getting from me.

Given that GWS finished 16th in 2022 and the Tigers have won three of the last five premierships, Port Adelaide great Kane Cornes thinks this is another example of the rich getting richer as the AFL must be considering whether their equalisation measures are truly working.

“Is it good for the competition? That’s the question this morning,” Cornes said on SEN Breakfast.

“It’s not when a bottom-four team loses two gun midfielders to a team that’s won three of the last five premierships.

“The AFL must be going, ‘Our equalisation model is stuffed’, the salary cap, the draft, the soft cap on coaching spending, the fixture, is all designed to make the competition even where essentially every team’s got a shot to win it once every 18 years.

“That’s not happening, and it’s making a mockery of that whole issue that Richmond are going to sign Taranto and Hopper, who are 24 and 25 years of age from a team like GWS to a team that’s won three of the last five.”

Dusty’s “push” was to the side of the shoulder and the umpire was in A1 position, move on.

Another example of how elite he is at manoeuvring his direct opponent and protecting the ball drop zone.

The concentration of salt is so high after last Friday that it is starting to crystallise into the sublime.

They thought we were goneski. Literally everyone in the media said era over, on the slide, no good. Most with a huge sigh of relief and relish in their voice. After one good win they are panicking. Writing backflip articles and backpedaling like I’ve never seen before. For example, Barrett goes from saying the whole place is crumbling and we are “not very good” to writing a rushed article about how we are suddenly a scary proposition for the rest of the competition. No mention of maybe getting it wrong. No accountability.

I guess we have learned a few things from this:

1. The Richmond hate is burning white hot under the surface of all supposedly neutral AFL media.
2. The AFL media are as fickle as a weather vane and have no substance.
3. Ignore everything except for how the club is run. Our era of failure was due to poor administration and culture and the period of success was driven by the opposite. I’m seeing a good culture and administration still so I’m going to focus on that. The club has basically said we are in a transition phase so that’s what I am going to expect. We will see some good wins and some frustrating losses but we are still a great club.

Last edited:
So when Richmond had to be stopped from recruiting Hopper and Taranto they were "two gun midfielders" according to Cornes in the last trade period(see below.) Now they are at Richmond Taranto is a dud according to Cornes. And that is all the oxygen that campaignerscrape is getting from me.

Given that GWS finished 16th in 2022 and the Tigers have won three of the last five premierships, Port Adelaide great Kane Cornes thinks this is another example of the rich getting richer as the AFL must be considering whether their equalisation measures are truly working.

“Is it good for the competition? That’s the question this morning,” Cornes said on SEN Breakfast.

“It’s not when a bottom-four team loses two gun midfielders to a team that’s won three of the last five premierships.

“The AFL must be going, ‘Our equalisation model is stuffed’, the salary cap, the draft, the soft cap on coaching spending, the fixture, is all designed to make the competition even where essentially every team’s got a shot to win it once every 18 years.

“That’s not happening, and it’s making a mockery of that whole issue that Richmond are going to sign Taranto and Hopper, who are 24 and 25 years of age from a team like GWS to a team that’s won three of the last five.”
hard-to-hear-pity-dick.gif

Karen Cornes

Cats player tried to milk it. Got a shove on the shoulder but reckon he almost threw his back out in that effort. 🤣

Yep … was a definite push and should’ve been paid in the back … but the way O’Connor took off like a rocket into space I reckon the umpire thought he’d be too much mayo on it and didn’t pay it. Sucked in ….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1684453584056.png

Gun player shoots from the lip

A troubled footy star whose career isn’t going as planned would be better off looking for the Sherrin instead of trouble.

If rivals start gobbing off, it might be best for him to learn the value of turning the other cheek — as opposed to his present approach of telling them he’s going to shoot them.

This gangsta routine is more evidence that our AFL hero’s skinny possession stats are considerably higher than his IQ.

This is not the 1950s, when hard men who’d graduated from the inner suburbs and bush competitions used to play in the big league as “enforcers.”

One such was “Delicate Des” Dickson, the sometime Hawthorn ruckman (originally from Stawell) with a reputation not only for maiming opposition players but mauling his own teammates in practice games.

Another hard case of a different sort was Alberto (surname deleted), who raised the eyebrows of fellow Shinboners when a pistol fell out of his pants pocket in the change rooms after training.

The likes of Des and Alberto wouldn’t have put up with any trash talk from the nightclub hero.

The struggling star would be well advised to focus on the Sherrin.

View attachment 1690918

Gun player shoots from the lip

A troubled footy star whose career isn’t going as planned would be better off looking for the Sherrin instead of trouble.

If rivals start gobbing off, it might be best for him to learn the value of turning the other cheek — as opposed to his present approach of telling them he’s going to shoot them.

This gangsta routine is more evidence that our AFL hero’s skinny possession stats are considerably higher than his IQ.

This is not the 1950s, when hard men who’d graduated from the inner suburbs and bush competitions used to play in the big league as “enforcers.”

One such was “Delicate Des” Dickson, the sometime Hawthorn ruckman (originally from Stawell) with a reputation not only for maiming opposition players but mauling his own teammates in practice games.

Another hard case of a different sort was Alberto (surname deleted), who raised the eyebrows of fellow Shinboners when a pistol fell out of his pants pocket in the change rooms after training.

The likes of Des and Alberto wouldn’t have put up with any trash talk from the nightclub hero.

What a ****ing stupid article. Why are the players sledging him not advised to focus on the Sherrin? My rule when playing was if you are tough enough to sledge you are obviously tough enough to defend yourself from anything that came in return. Imagine sledging someone then whingeing they said something threatening in return. Fmd.

What a ******* stupid article. Why are the players sledging him not advised to focus on the Sherrin? My rule when playing was if you are tough enough to sledge you are obviously tough enough to defend yourself from anything that came in return. Imagine sledging someone then whingeing they said something threatening in return. Fmd.
Just don't get in the face of "Fists Of Fury" Lever :tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters Mega Salt Mine thread - Preserve & add flavour years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back