Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely Pies closer than Dons?

Not to me. Pies are going to get a harder draw and don't look that great to me. I could see both grand finalists missing final to be honest. The Dons list is a premiership quality list. It's all in their heads now. Shiel should help them too. Injury will determine a few sides fortunes.

The problem is we haven't really improved our side that much and we need to double our wins just to pass one side. The fixture is where we can really improve. The coaching could be another reason but that is a bit of guess work. Not sure I understand the pies being a maybe by the way considering they have picked up beams.

Plenty of players were injured or went backwards. We should go back to somewhere near where we were. Improvement in mid career players helps too.

Not to me. Pies are going to get a harder draw and don't look that great to me. I could see both grand finalists missing final to be honest. The Dons list is a premiership quality list. It's all in their heads now. Shiel should help them too. Injury will determine a few sides fortunes.
If they are good enough to win a grand final , the draw is immaterial.

Essendon have the same problem as last year. No hard inside mids. The pies have issues with talls but have the best and deepest midfield in the afl and that is where the game is won and lost on most occasions. Why apart from Shiel are better than last year especially as the fixture is harder.

On the saints I think Ross will be captain next year. If geary is captain he can’t be dropped. We need a player like him to at least be capable of being dropped

Maybe that's best; Gears takes it for a final year, by which time candidates should start to emerge.

Steele
Coffield
Hannebury
Gresham
Long
are my personal choices for captains in waiting.

What’s wrong with Ross. There are few that say he shouldn’t captain. I don’t get it myself.
He just seems (from the outside) to be quiet and in the background, happy to be second. I want the captain to drive his teammates up and down that hill and through the river. I want the teammates to look up to that captain, to work doubly hard to stay in his good books. I thought Nick Riewoldt was that captain, ditto Lenny, ditto Stewey, ditto Rob Harvey, but I don't see it with Jarryn or Sebastian.

I accept that my perspective is limited, but as I just stated on the media thread, I'd really like the club's media output to clarify their captainworthy attributes for doubters like me.

I like the suggestion someone made on the captaincy thread that Ross and Hannas share the captaincy next year.

Takes the pressure off both of them a bit given Ross is a bit green and Hannas is coming off some injury and form issues and is new to the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the suggestion someone made on the captaincy thread that Ross and Hannas share the captaincy next year.

Takes the pressure off both of them a bit given Ross is a bit green and Hannas is coming off some injury and form issues and is new to the club.
By the sound of it Hanners is going to motivate like the captain anyway so seb can just do the ceremonials.

The mean machine
ParkerYoung.jpg
Parker and Young look like two proper mean campaigners, the types that get in punch ups at the pub every Saturday night. Love it.

Between these two, Long, Carlisle and a few others I hope we play with some serious attitude and menace next year.

Parker and Young look like two proper mean campaigners, the types that get in punch ups at the pub every Saturday night. Love it.

Between these two, Long, Carlisle and a few others I hope we play with some serious attitude and menace next year.
I will never fail to be surprised how bored players look in shots like these - on Friday a bloke read their name out, their lives are completely overturned and by Monday they’re facing the first day of their life’s dream being coached by multi-premier winning coach........and yet by noon-ish they’re like Homer Simpson hearing nothing but blah’s and praying that he stops talking....surely there should be more rapture in those faces....

I will never fail to be surprised how bored players look in shots like these - on Friday a bloke read their name out, their lives are completely overturned and by Monday they’re facing the first day of their life’s dream being coached by multi-premier winning coach........and yet by noon-ish they’re like Homer Simpson hearing nothing but blah’s and praying that he stops talking....surely there should be more rapture in those faces....
They are probably still in a bit of shock. Both have moved interstate in the blink of an eye. Scared out of their minds right at the moment probably. Hopefully they settle down and get comfortable soon, but it might be difficult. They look terrific players though.

c617b3a2gw1ezrwc8ruoyg20c806v4qx.gif

Imagine if they were stood there looking enraptured; Saints would be within their rights to call in the psych for an evalutation. Especially with mature age players, one would hope they'd just get on with it. Imagine if a young person spent their first week at work tripping out with their hands on their faces that they were actually being paid to be somewhere!

I don't know what you look like when you're listening to someone talk or concentrating, but my face looks pretty similar to those fizogs in the picture. Even "Crazy Eyes" Tom Hickey looked liked that when he was paying attention. It looks like they are paying attention, that's good enough for me.

Last edited:
Imagine if they were stood there looking enraptured; Saints would be within their rights to call in the psych for an evalutation. Especially with mature age players, one would hope they'd just get on with it. Imagine if a young person spent their first week at work tripping out with their hands on their faces that they were actually being paid to be somewhere!

I don't know what you look like when you're listening to someone talk or concentrating, but my face looks pretty similar to those fizogs in the picture. Even "Crazy Eyes" Tom Hickey looked liked that when he was paying attention. It looks like they are paying attention, that's good enough for me.
Hickey paying attention, come on now, surely you jest...

We have so many fail the drug test during induction that I reckon they must have been tripping, but no they never looked in rapture - more of a bad trip I suspect

It wasn’t meant to be taken as genuine criticism though to be honest, just an idle observation intended to raise a smile.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2019 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back