Teams 2019 Rate My Team (Pre JLT)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finally had a chance to have my first crack:

DEF: Laird, Whitfield, Z. Williams, Rozee, Collins, Burgess (Hore, McLennan)
MID: P. Cripps, Oliver, J. Kelly (GWS), D. Martin, Viney, Liberatore, B. Smith, Bewley (Bytel, Hind, West)
RUC: Goldstein, Nankervis (Sweet)
FWD: Dangerfield, Heeney, R. Gray, Petracca, Setterfield, Cavarra (Corbett, M. Parker)

with about 23K left.

Finally had a chance to have my first crack:

DEF: Laird, Whitfield, Z. Williams, Rozee, Collins, Burgess (Hore, McLennan)
MID: P. Cripps, Oliver, J. Kelly (GWS), D. Martin, Viney, Liberatore, B. Smith, Bewley (Bytel, Hind, West)
RUC: Goldstein, Nankervis (Sweet)
FWD: Dangerfield, Heeney, R. Gray, Petracca, Setterfield, Cavarra (Corbett, M. Parker)

with about 23K left.

What's your plan with the rucks?
Backing Goldy and Nank in as season long keepers? Or hoping they maintain their price while the 2 big dogs dip?

When does a mid-pricer become a fallen premium ? ......would have thought Libba & Hannerbery was in the latter, whereas Miles is a true mid-pricer
I prefer a fallen premium myself. I'll be very tempted by these few:
JJK
Hibberd
Hurley
Greene
Dusty
Dalhaus

Also, anyone know why K Jack has fallen off a cliff?

JJK
Hibberd
Hurley
Greene
Dusty
Dalhaus

First four no.
Dusty definitely be considered.
Dahlhaus an interesting one, could be a bit of a smokey.

As for Jack, just think it's father time catching up with him.

What's your plan with the rucks?
Backing Goldy and Nank in as season long keepers? Or hoping they maintain their price while the 2 big dogs dip?

It's been historically proven that not only rucks, but any players that are like 650-700K+ will drop to a reasonable price within a few rounds.

So yeah, aim is to upgrade to Gawn/Grundy when they drop. I just can't justify spending that much on players haha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's been historically proven that not only rucks, but any players that are like 650-700K+ will drop to a reasonable price within a few rounds.

So yeah, aim is to upgrade to Gawn/Grundy when they drop. I just can't justify spending that much on players haha.

Yep, understandable.
Would you take a cheaper ruck in place of Nank or Goldy if they put their hand up for round 1?
Just seems a bit weird to me to use keeper priced players as stepping stones

JJK
Hibberd
Hurley
Greene
Dusty
Dalhaus

Also, anyone know why K Jack has fallen off a cliff
?
Primarily Injury for Jack

I'm taking Greene .....all class, if he's fit ....Dahl, nope .....JJK, on the slide with age .....Dusty / Hurley / Hibberd, high risk, high reward

They may fall but still could be scoring 120 plus every week set and forget is the way to go imo

This is absolutely true ....however if you plan on them being season keepers, they're 2 less trade upgrades you have to do .....plus the trade-off is you then have to take more rookies, which can be a plus in generating more cash, than what Gawn and Grundy will lose

Searching for a sheep that just wasn't there?

Had another dip at it.

Backline unchanged.

Gone with 5-0-6 in the middle. I was able to get what I reckon is 14 keepers as starters so no need for midpricers for me atm.
First 4 mids remain the same, MCrouch axed for his team mate Sloane, Libba axed all together, not just because he was a mid pricer, but now I'm opting to start a different doggie up forward.
(One of those mid rookies will be making way for M8 102k stud Micky Gibbons)

Grundy won't be leaving my side.
Replaced Naismith with Goldy and hancuffing him to Xerri as my loophole and future swingman, no longer have Hoff in my starting team but will most likely look to bring him in eventually, his early bye is a bummer, hopefully can bring him in rnd13.
If Preuss disappears into the ether before round 1 I will probably turn Sloane into a midpricer (Libba or Miles) and start with the two big dogs.

Fwds are the same, besides switching out Hoff for Dunkley, was thinking he might be a bit of a trap, but reckon McLean will be the one losing mid minutes due to Libba's return, not Dunkley, but Bevo is the new Ross, wouldn't be surprised to see Dunkley lining up at full back in round 1.

30k left over.

Grundy into Fyfe round 1 :cool:
19 - 12.JPG

Had another dip at it.

Backline unchanged.

Gone with 5-0-6 in the middle. I was able to get what I reckon is 14 keepers as starters so no need for midpricers for me atm.
First 4 mids remain the same, MCrouch axed for his team mate Sloane, Libba axed all together, not just because he was a mid pricer, but now I'm opting to start a different doggie up forward.
(One of those mid rookies will be making way for M8 102k stud Micky Gibbons)

Grundy won't be leaving my side.
Replaced Naismith with Goldy and hancuffing him to Xerri as my loophole and future swingman, no longer have Hoff in my starting team but will most likely look to bring him in eventually, his early bye is a bummer, hopefully can bring him in rnd13.
If Preuss disappears into the ether before round 1 I will probably turn Sloane into a midpricer (Libba or Miles) and start with the two big dogs.

Fwds are the same, besides switching out Hoff for Dunkley, was thinking he might be a bit of a trap, but reckon McLean will be the one losing mid minutes due to Libba's return, not Dunkley, but Bevo is the new Ross, wouldn't be surprised to see Dunkley lining up at full back in round 1.

30k left over.

Grundy into Fyfe round 1 :cool:
View attachment 597381
Nice side .....I just feel, and this is a personal view, that with your D2 & D3 ....they must be considered risky picks, due to their historical SC scoring .....at those positions can we afford to take 2 risky players, or are we better to take 1 and the other a proven consistent scorer ?

Currently I have Blakely at D3 & no Williams ......to be honest, i'd prefer Blakely to be my D4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back