2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure on this one - I have passionate Crows supporter friends and they do not rate him at all...pass for me on that basis. These were the same people who were devastated to lose Charlie.

Jenkins = ultimate downhill skier. Will look great if it's put on a plate for him but when it gets tough he goes missing... just my reading of his game I am far from an expert.

Last edited:
We can forget about getting any trade value for Bastinac, Robertson or Walker. Keays might get some interest but for a third or fourth rounder.

Read that Keays has been linked to GC and surprisingly Collingwood.

Surely gotta keep Walker, great depth for key backs and forwards.
I do hope we retain the likes of Cutler, Keays, Walker and one or two others beyond this year.

We have been seriously blessed on the injury front in recent years and whilst we hope it continues, there'll surely be plenty of opportunities for this game next year.

I'm worried that we'll allow a lot of our good depth players leave, only to be exposed and needing them once they're gone.

We can forget about getting any trade value for Bastinac, Robertson or Walker. Keays might get some interest but for a third or fourth rounder.
Walker has to have some trade value with the dearth of KKP’s around the league, even if he’s viewed as the 23rd player on some teams list/depth.

Especially in a year where the draft is severely lacking in quality/decent/serviceable KPP’s.

With Coniglio re-signing and Tom Green coming via their academy, there has to be a squeeze on GWS’s inside midfield stocks.

I’m expecting Aiden Bonar to request a trade back to Victoria, but I wonder if Caldwell will be getable in the near future.

I would think GWS would prefer to hang on to Caldwell over Bonar or Jackson Hately.

I do hope we retain the likes of Cutler, Keays, Walker and one or two others beyond this year.

We have been seriously blessed on the injury front in recent years and whilst we hope it continues, there'll surely be plenty of opportunities for this game next year.

I'm worried that we'll allow a lot of our good depth players leave, only to be exposed and needing them once they're gone.
I am sure the coaches would know we have had a very good injury list and more than likely it wont continue. Their plan is for sustained success, they aren't going to ruin it by getting rid of everyone. But if they do delist, it means that they believe other players in the squad I assume th draftees of T.Berry, Smith and any acquired trade pieces would be of better quality.

I would think GWS would prefer to hang on to Caldwell over Bonar or Jackson Hately.
I'd agree with that since they obviously rated him higher last year - pick 11 (first live pick) v 14 last year.

Might not be the Lions looking to move on depth players. You assume most players rather play in seniors someone else then just to be "Break Glass in Case Someone Injured" games
Also a balance as others have said we have some kids coming through and who we looking at to trade.
KPD Walker, Payne and Eagles also Skinner and Ballenden played there. So again depth.. Adams came in last year and went past them

HB another example we have Cox, Starc, Allison, Hinge, N Robbo and Lester as depth and Bailey playing seniors now on the wing. I also seen Basti, C Lyons and Cutler play across HB.
If Hodge goes and we trade in say Zac Williams. We have 6-9 depth players for that spot do we need them all

Contrary to popular belief, the existence of the Gold Coast actually allow the AFL to derive more revenue than what it costs to support them each year.

From a stategic perspective, it always made more sense to establish another Queensland team to capitalise on that market and promote further growth of the game (particularly at grassroots level).

It also makes more economic sense to put a team on the Gold Coast as opposed to Tassie. Don't get me wrong, the AFL have made a lot of decisions which I don't agree with, however it was always more commerical to preference a Gold Coast team rather than one in Tasmania.

And it's working ever so well.

Herald Sun now saying Ah Chee has officially requested a trade, and naming us as the only suitor.

Gold Coast has been hit with its second trade demand in less than a week, with Callum Ah Chee wanting out.

Days after Jack Martin packed his bags for a move to a Melbourne-based club, Ah Chee told the Suns he also wanted out.

Ah Chee was the No.8 pick in the 2015 national draft, but could manage only one game this year after a bad ankle sprain in June needed surgery.

It followed an injury-plagued 2018 in which he suffered a broken hand and a torn hamstring.

The talented West Australian has been linked to Brisbane, where Dom Ambrogio – the former Suns recruiter who drafted Ah Chee to the club – works at list manager.

The loss of another high draft pick is the latest blow for the Suns, who felt they invested a lot of time and energy into Ah Chee's development.

He played 44 games in four seasons at Gold Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Herald Sun reported this:

While the Suns had resigned themselves to losing Martin they retain a glimmer of hope top ten draft pick Callum Ah Chee will agree to a new deal.
The club believed two months ago the silky skilled West Australian was close to committing but have become more concerned as the season wore on without a signature.
It is understood Brisbane have presented to Ah Chee who is in a long term relationship with a local and is open to staying in Queensland.

Thoughts??

I understand that he’s actually requested a trade to the Lions. The lions will get it done.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Read that Keays has been linked to GC and surprisingly Collingwood.

Surely gotta keep Walker, great depth for key backs and forwards.

PLEASE dont let him go to Collingwood, every time he has a half decent game there its all we'll hear about...

PLEASE dont let him go to Collingwood, every time he has a half decent game there its all we'll hear about...
It could be worse, what if Tom Cutler went to the Magpies where he would inevitably win the Copeland Trophy and AA selection... now we would never hear the end of that.

AA side 2020- Crisp and Cutler on the wings, Aish back pocket, Keays small forward, all from Collingwood.

Like others I don't have a detailed memory of what type of player Callum Ah Chee is, can anyone on here do a detailed scouting report on him? Interested in whether small forward/small defender/midfield is his best spot and how he plays each position.

He was a high draft selection (8) so there must be some high end talent/ceiling in him.

Like others I don't have a detailed memory of what type of player Callum Ah Chee is, can anyone on here do a detailed scouting report on him? Interested in whether small forward/small defender/midfield is his best spot and how he plays each position.
Small forward flank, more of a clean marking lead up forward then a crumber. Possible chance of turning into a forward/mid but I’m not sure on that. Strong hands, quick, brilliant user of the footy. Light framed though and hasn’t been overly consistent or been able to nail a spot in the team

What would Ah Chee cost? Collingwood's first rounder maybe?
I wouldn't think he'd be a 1st rounder, hasn't got on the park much in the last 2 years, maybe a pick in the high 20s at best IMO. Straight swap for Ben Keays? If he wants to come here it will get done, lots of methods open to both clubs to get him here.

Remove this Banner Ad

2019 Trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back