AFL 2020 Brownlow Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope the umpires do more than just look at the possessions like you have. Sicily was awful in the first half. And Mitchell's 33 touches had very little impact on the game.

Treloar 3
Wills 2
Miochek 1
Umps don't look at the stats mate. Mitchell will get votes for this game. hope you're prepared to be wrong

Looking forward to Brownlow night for this one then 😁

The way I saw it was Treloar V Mitchell all night.

Yes mihocek kicked 4 but one was a free in the square don't think he deserved votes.

It's treloar and Mitchell then take your pick from 5 other players for the last vote.

All in my opinion but I don't just look at stats like the guy above said. watched the whole game and that was my take.

Don't feel the love for gawn
Do you get votes for hitting the ball out of the ruck

You certainly get noticed when you tap it to your onballers to clear advantage on numerous occasions. Getting possessions and taking marks around the ground also helps. Gawn has a very solid polling history as well.

You certainly get noticed when you tap it to your onballers to clear advantage on numerous occasions. Getting possessions and taking marks around the ground also helps. Gawn has a very solid polling history as well.
Yep no drama
i will look into his games a bit more closely

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umps don't look at the stats mate. Mitchell will get votes for this game. hope you're prepared to be wrong
If the umpires don't look at the stats, then wouldn't that work against Mitchell? Most of us saw the game, and he created nigh on nothing with his disposals. Sicily is the only Hawk with a chance of polling I reckon and even that's a stretch. Treloar, Moore, Mihocek and Adams the top few contenders for votes.

If the umpires don't look at the stats, then wouldn't that work against Mitchell? Most of us saw the game, and he created nigh on nothing with his disposals. Sicily is the only Hawk with a chance of polling I reckon and even that's a stretch. Treloar, Moore, Mihocek and Adams the top few contenders for votes.
From my understanding umpires do not look at stats. Im sure they try keep it traditional. Maybe from time to time they check their phones out of curiosity?

I genuinely thought he was almost best on ground. Anyway the consensus on the forum is he will not get votes.

If theres a market for will Titch get votes in round 6 I will put a $20 on it.

From my understanding umpires do not look at stats. Im sure they try keep it traditional. Maybe from time to time they check their phones out of curiosity?

I genuinely thought he was almost best on ground. Anyway the consensus on the forum is he will not get votes.

If theres a market for will Titch get votes in round 6 I will put a $20 on it.

Umps dont look at stats before doing the votes... however these days stats and performance are on the screens every 2 mins (at the grounds) and in between qtrs etc. so they see them through out the games and they have more influence then they used too.. I remember one of the umps being interviewed about it a few years ago and commenting that although they dont review the stats sheet throughout the game they certainly get exposure to it

Umps dont look at stats before doing the votes... however these days stats and performance are on the screens every 2 mins (at the grounds) and in between qtrs etc. so they see them through out the games and they have more influence then they used too.. I remember one of the umps being interviewed about it a few years ago and commenting that although they dont review the stats sheet throughout the game they certainly get exposure to it
Maybe they should check stats so they don't give Marley Williams 3 votes for 5-6 disposals again

Didnt award any votes to any of the favourites or leaders (Neale, Fyfe, Bont, Boak, Dusty, Cripps, Pendles etc.) this week apart from Danger, Gawn and Petracca move into the top 10 with votes this week...

Current leaderboard

PlayerSum of Votes
L.Neale12
T.Boak9
M.Rowell9
S.Pendlebury8
C.Wingard7
N.Fyfe6
M.Gawn6
J.Steele6
I.Heeney6
H.McCluggage6
D.Shiel6
C.Petracca6

Really struggling with the Carlton game (might need to go back and watch it properly as I was doing other things and only had it going in the background from half time)...

Last edited:
This forum is pretty crap as you all simply wait for January Man to post his votes each week. No one else has any regular contribution of votes by watching games each week. All it seems to be is the very occasional comment by some with rare votes or info provided. This can be a team effort or a non event. Just saying what I think !

This forum is pretty crap as you all simply wait for January Man to post his votes each week. No one else has any regular contribution of votes by watching games each week. All it seems to be is the very occasional comment by some with rare votes or info provided. This can be a team effort or a non event. Just saying what I think !
TJM has made most of us quite a bit of money over the past few years, I'll happily have only him contribute :tearsofjoy:

Dar goey
Tre loar
Grunndy

I don’t think that Treloar had much influence on the game or stood out much. I note that he had a ton of possessions but I don’t think he will poll. His game was similar to the game he played last week.
It’s a hard game to vote and at 3/4 time many guys were in the mix. Degoeys q4 gives him the 3 but it is tough after that.

I don’t think that Treloar had much influence on the game or stood out much. I note that he had a ton of possessions but I don’t think he will poll. His game was similar to the game he played last week.
It’s a hard game to vote and at 3/4 time many guys were in the mix. Degoeys q4 gives him the 3 but it is tough after that.
Treloar more influence than danger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back