List Mgmt. 2020: Death Riding Melbourne [NMFC owns MFC's 1st (#9) & 4th (#64) 2020 picks] - Keep Your Eye on the Red and the Blue

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks for that Giantroo......further to that,.....does that mean they go down a pick or two....apologies I've taken no notice of the points system....
Yes.

Each pick has a points value. Pick 1 (3000), etc . For Pick 1 you must have the full allocation of points (3000) to keep the pick even though you may have enough to cover pick 2 (2,517).

From there, you just minus the point deficit (265) and you get the table I've posted.

1599480515067.png 1599480663454.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Kosi’s pretty fun to watch tho. And footy’s supposed to be fun.
Kosi is a gun. Would have loved it if we got him.

I was blown away by Powell watching some highlights from the year the other day tho. He does some amazing things.

So next update would be…

out Kosi pick, Brown, pick 70 (ontraded by Pies to Brisbane - was it used?)

in Powell, Spicer, Stepho, Atu, Perez and pick 72 this year (4th round tied to Brisbane)

I think it would be Serong pick not Kosi.

We're ahead. For us:
Stephenson > Brown
Powell > Serong (unproven but hopefully)
70 = 72
Spicer, Atu, Perez for free. Hopefully 1 makes it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I love stevo, but he‘s got a way to go yet for it to be a win for us. I’m nothin but happy with the end result though.
I loved BBB when he was ours but don’t think he was good for us going forward. He’s turning 29 in a few weeks, very similar to Larkey, not a world beater even at his best, and wouldn’t be around when we hope to contend. May have cost us JHF this year.
Stephenson's talent is there, his consistency (maturity) is unproven. Worst case it’s a break even. Best case we’ve got five years of a star after BBB has hung up his boots. Clear win for me.

Even this year, with us 18th and Melb premiers, Stephenson on the way up, Brown on the way down, Stephenson got 19 Coaches and 3 Brownlow votes to Brown 3 and 0.
(Of course the Dees got value too)

Last edited:
Also in our favour is the pick 28 we gave for Brown was actually Essendon's Rd 2 pick.
How did we get that pick ? - In 2019 with the pick shuffle for Perez. (we gave them 2019 p30 & p50 for their 2019 p35 & Rd 2 2020 pick.
2019 p30 was p26 before academy bids etc.
We got pick 26 as an sweetener with the 1st round pick swap with Melbourne. (they overpaid)
So the main pick we used for Brown has originated from Melbourne in the rd1 pick swap.

Meaning we gave them their own pick back (that we got for free) with Brown and got Stevo, Atu & Spicer.

Winning

Also in our favour is the pick 28 we gave for Brown was actually Essendon's Rd 2 pick.
How did we get that pick ? - In 2019 with the pick shuffle for Perez. (we gave them 2019 p30 & p50 for their 2019 p35 & Rd 2 2020 pick.
2019 p30 was p26 before academy bids etc.
We got pick 26 as an sweetener with the 1st round pick swap with Melbourne. (they overpaid)
So the main pick we used for Brown has originated from Melbourne in the rd1 pick swap.

Meaning we gave them their own pick back (that we got for free) with Brown and got Stevo, Atu & Spicer.

Winning
Hadn’t send that formula before. I like it.

Kosi is an out and out gun but even he had nothing remotely like this going on in his first 10 games.

his kicking is excellent too. Gets overshadowed because his hands are elite but his kicking is top notch. His skills are top shelf but I think it’s his smarts and composure that is what makes him such a good prospect. The only query would be if he can put on size but even if he can’t he’s already shown he’s good enough without needing to bulk up.

If Kosi could he’d be playing midfield. But he can’t
What are you talking about about? He was recruited specifically as a small forward as this was our greatest needs. He's also 171cm so he suits this role to the absolute tee. You play players suited to their strengths. Besides, if you'd actually watch Kozzie this year ( when clearly you didnt) you would have seen Kozzie was playing midfield and would start in some our centres bounces as part of our midfield rotation.

He's just kicked 40 goals as a small forward in his 2nd year of the AFL system in the best team in the league. Those numbers alone are well ahead of Eddie Betts, Cyril Rioli, Charlie Cameron, Stephen Milne and Jeff Farmer when they were in their 2nd year of the AFL. His development is trending on the incline for now and still has a bit more development to go, but Pickett is one of the young stars of the game.

Kosi is an out and out gun but even he had nothing remotely like this going on in his first 10 games.

Haha are you serious? so we're comparing the first 10 games now? And you chucked on a bunch of highlights to justify this? If that's the case I'll upload kozzies first year below.

It's interesting you've pumped Powell fairly high but yet I saw he wasn't even nominated for the rising star this year in a group where it was considered to be one of the poorer groups of rising star nominations in years. Interesting.......

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2020: Death Riding Melbourne [NMFC owns MFC's 1st (#9) & 4th (#64) 2020 picks] - Keep Your Eye on the Red and the Blue

Remove this Banner Ad

Back