2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If Treloar decides to come to QLD I would put money on Lions as it looks like Lions do their own salary dump (Witherden, Martin, some players still unsigned).

Why get a player that don't want to come ?
Now i know why this club not playing final

Why get a player that don't want to come ?
Now i know why this club not playing final

Wright didn't really want to go to Essendon but did, so he could play 1sts
Witherden didn't really want to go to WCE but will, if he can play 1sts.
Preuss doesn't really want to go to GWS but will, if he can play 1sts
Treloar doesn't really want to come north but he will if he can play 1sts, and be with his partner, rather than stay at a Club who obviously doesn't want him....

So do you think those 4 players won't give their new Club full value..............

Wright didn't really want to go to Essendon but did, so he could play 1sts
Witherden didn't really want to go to WCE but will, if he can play 1sts.
Preuss doesn't really want to go to GWS but will, if he can play 1sts
Treloar doesn't really want to come north but he will if he can play 1sts, and be with his partner, rather than stay at a Club who obviously doesn't want him....

So do you think those 4 players won't give their new Club full value..............
All the players suggested
Witherden, Preuss , Wright did not said No to Eagles , GWS and Essendon outright like Treloar to GCS and talk to respective club. Treloar don't even want to talk to GCS ,need wife to convince him and some here still posted he is stubborn to move to Queensland .

Last edited:
All the players suggested
Witherden, Preuss , Wright did not said no to Eagles , GWS and Essendon outright like Treloar to GCS and talk to respective club .

All players have different reasons for saying no or yes to offers or suggestions.

My question was "do you not think those 4 players will give full value to their new Club"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All players have different reasons for saying no or yes to offers or suggestions.

My question was "do you not think those 4 players will give full value to their new Club"
Preuss - yes , pick 30+ pick , contract most probably 350k -450k ,with Jacob retire and mummy near end .
Wright -yes, fourth Rd pick , GcS paying some part of his salary ,
Witherden - deal still not yet finalised ?
Treloar - depend which club he go to .

Last edited:
Massively disappointed. Could have easily kept Wright another season to no detriment. Was worth a lot more than a future 4th round pick, ESPECIALLY if we’re paying some salary. If Day goes down (who he should have been playing in front of anyway) then we have no cover for him at all. He also stuck with us when many others didn’t, and didn’t even really ask to leave. What a waste.

Wish him all the best at Essendon. Hope he kicks a bag against us next year.

Preuss - yes , pick 30+ pick , contract most probably 350k -450k ,with Jacob retire and mummy near end .
Wright -yes, fourth Rd pick , GcS paying some part of his salary ,
Witherden - deal still not yet finalised ?
Treloar - depend which club he go to .

Agree with that, sort of....I worded my response wrongly I think when I posted "full value". I really meant would they not all give 100% at their new Clubs, being professional footballers. Pretty hard to place value on anything when some deals haven't been completed.
Sorry for any confusion.

Agree with that, sort of....I worded my response wrongly I think when I posted "full value". I really meant would they not all give 100% at their new Clubs, being professional footballers. Pretty hard to place value on anything when some deals haven't been completed.
Sorry for any confusion.
All good , in my opinion because of covid year , i will give Brodie another year to prove himself , playing in VFL will help his development too. No Doubt Treloar is A grade but Will Brodie might need one more year to prove himself .

Massively disappointed. Could have easily kept Wright another season to no detriment. Was worth a lot more than a future 4th round pick, ESPECIALLY if we’re paying some salary. If Day goes down (who he should have been playing in front of anyway) then we have no cover for him at all. He also stuck with us when many others didn’t, and didn’t even really ask to leave. What a waste.

Wish him all the best at Essendon. Hope he kicks a bag against us next year.
Another example, Trade radio reckon Hickey is worth a second rounder because he’s contracted. And Essendon want a 1st for Saad and another for Fantasia I don’t know why our club want to be seen as altruistic when everyone else just pulls down our pants.
Recently we have basically thrown away, 2MP, Saad, Ablett, Bennell, Scrimsook, Lyons, AChee and Martin off the top of my head. I just don’t get it

According to AFL.com Will Brodie is likely to stay at the Suns

Another example, Trade radio reckon Hickey is worth a second rounder because he’s contracted. And Essendon want a 1st for Saad and another for Fantasia I don’t know why our club want to be seen as altruistic when everyone else just pulls down our pants.
Recently we have basically thrown away, 2MP, Saad, Ablett, Bennell, Scrimsook, Lyons, AChee and Martin off the top of my head. I just don’t get it
Some I agree with there, some I don't.

2MP: Salary dump, we need that money to re-sign our young more promising talent. Would have liked more, but I think it is the best we could have hoped with no one else interested and a lowering salary cap.
Saad: We turned a rookie into an early 2nd, not bad business there.
Ablett: A late first round is fine for Ablett in his shape, also cleaned up more salary
Bennell: After the massive off field issues I think we did pretty well out of Bennell, especially in hindsight was a decent deal.
Scrimshaw: Took unders, but needed him out for culture reasons.
Lyons: Yes, major mistake by the club.
Ah Chee: Yeah, probably unders, but on exposed form, didn't offer a hell of a lot.
Martin: Would you have taken the 2nd and 3rd on offer for him? In heinsight once again, would have helped with Sharp but you don't know how these things will shake out.

Remove this Banner Ad

2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back