2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Massively disappointed. Could have easily kept Wright another season to no detriment. Was worth a lot more than a future 4th round pick, ESPECIALLY if we’re paying some salary. If Day goes down (who he should have been playing in front of anyway) then we have no cover for him at all. He also stuck with us when many others didn’t, and didn’t even really ask to leave. What a waste.

Wish him all the best at Essendon. Hope he kicks a bag against us next year.
Agree with everything except the last bit. That would really rub salt into the wounds. That said, I think he will do better at the Bombers than he has for us. He’s on his last chance.

Massively disappointed. Could have easily kept Wright another season to no detriment. Was worth a lot more than a future 4th round pick, ESPECIALLY if we’re paying some salary. If Day goes down (who he should have been playing in front of anyway) then we have no cover for him at all. He also stuck with us when many others didn’t, and didn’t even really ask to leave. What a waste.

Wish him all the best at Essendon. Hope he kicks a bag against us next year.

Flabbergasted by your last sentence.
Everything else you say is valid.
We surely as Suns fans always want to win and dominate our opponents.
We deserve to no longer suffer so much.

Flabbergasted by your last sentence.
Everything else you say is valid.
We surely as Suns fans always want to win and dominate our opponents.
We deserve to no longer suffer so much.
Agree with everything except the last bit. That would really rub salt into the wounds. That said, I think he will do better at the Bombers than he has for us. He’s on his last chance.
I’m certainly not suggesting I hope Essendon beat us, but I’d like to see him stick one up the match committee that completely shunned him all season in favour of a lesser forward and to the coaches that undervalued him and traded him for a future 4th round pick.

I just find it really distasteful to treat guys with loyalty like 2MP the way that we have.

Pies interested in Max Pescud? I wouldn't mind that at all.
If we can't pick up all the academy players we want, I am OK with that. The whole point from an AFL point of view is to get more QLD'ers into the league itself, if our academy players are helping fill lists around the competition, then the academy is doing its job.

If we can't pick up all the academy players we want, I am OK with that. The whole point from an AFL point of view is to get more QLD'ers into the league itself, if our academy players are helping fill lists around the competition, then the academy is doing its job.
Its also a very strong academy this year. Can't list them all. If he doesn't get pre-listed, then they may allow him to pass on to someone else. In the end, the academys job is to bring them into the system, as you said; even if it means elsewhere.

Besides Harbrow the rookie list will just be academy selections by the sounds of it.. says a lot about the improvement in our academy.

Its also a very strong academy this year. Can't list them all. If he doesn't get pre-listed, then they may allow him to pass on to someone else. In the end, the academys job is to bring them into the system, as you said; even if it means elsewhere.

I’m interested in which 6 we bring in..

Locks: Davies, Jeffrey, Lake

The rest: Fyfe, Pescud, Lui, Gore, Nicholls, Johnston, Reeves, Selsby

I feel Fyfe, Pescud and maybe Nicholls/Johnston

I’m interested in which 6 we bring in..

Locks: Davies, Jeffrey, Lake

The rest: Fyfe, Pescud, Lui, Gore, Nicholls, Johnston, Reeves, Selsby

I feel Fyfe, Pescud and maybe Nicholls/Johnston
I would say Fyfe. He is pretty highly rated and had a great season in the QAFL
I think Gore may be the 19 year old.

I’m certainly not suggesting I hope Essendon beat us, but I’d like to see him stick one up the match committee that completely shunned him all season in favour of a lesser forward and to the coaches that undervalued him and traded him for a future 4th round pick.

I just find it really distasteful to treat guys with loyalty like 2MP the way that we have.
Just maybe match committee valued Wright less than you. What is distasteful about that? What does it have to do with loyalty? Peter is a great person off the field but you don't get to play games for that. In the end, it's coaches jobs on the line.

FWIW, I watched Wright closely in the last pre-season game against Crows. First 3 quarters were embarrassing from him, the last quarter was good. Personally, I would also play Day ahead of Wright. Difference between them is in effort, contest, pressure, speed (and Day is not fast). Wright slowly jogging around the field, dropping marks constantly, no mongrel and easily pushed aside did not fill me with excitement. I loved his set shot though.

Good luck to Peter. He will need it. Enormous pressure on him playing for Essendon. The last chance.

Last edited:
Fyfe tested well at the combine too
He did.
I don't think Lui will be in contention. at least from the interview with Craig Cameron. When asked about him, he basically was like.. "came and did one training session.. but nothing else this year.."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stephenson out, Pescud in. Haha. Looking forward for tomorrow and how Collingwood trade or not trade players.
Yeah.. It's gonna be a big day.

Pescud has had more impact this year, 14 goals in 6 games, named in 4 Best on Ground. Definitely potential around him. If we have to lose stevo, Max would almost be like for like.

Yeah.. It's gonna be a big day.

Pescud has had more impact this year, 14 goals in 6 games, named in 4 Best on Ground. Definitely potential around him. If we have to lose stevo, Max would almost be like for like.
I think SUNS pre-list Pescud. Some great traits.

I hope so... personally I don’t think Gore will make it at AFL level so prefer Prescud
I have only seen him play a couple of times but everytime I have he has kicked a bag, probably was the best performed of all the academy kids this year so he deserves the chance to see if he can reproduce his qafl / neafl form in the big league. Having said that maybe the 19 yr old is Colenso who played well for Morningside

Just maybe match committee valued Wright less than you. What is distasteful about that? What does it have to do with loyalty? Peter is a great person off the field but you don't get to play games for that. In the end, it's coaches jobs on the line.

FWIW, I watched Wright closely in the last pre-season game against Crows. First 3 quarters were embarrassing from him, the last quarter was good. Personally, I would also play Day ahead of Wright. Difference between them is in effort, contest, pressure, speed (and Day is not fast). Wright slowly jogging around the field, dropping marks constantly, no mongrel and easily aside over did not fill me with excitement. I loved his set shot though.

Good luck to Peter. He will need it. Enormous pressure on him playing for Essendon. The last chance.

I'd want to hang around and get paid $500k a year and produce SFA.

He is in for a rude shock when he arrives at the Bombers. Their supporters are expecting him to produce like a #1 forward and not a 4th rd salary dump.

There is no hiding in Melbourne town when you are not producing up to expectations.

He is in for a rude shock when he arrives at the Bombers. Their supporters are expecting him to produce like a #1 forward and not a 4th rd salary dump.

There is no hiding in Melbourne town when you are not producing up to expectations.
A lot more media too. At every training session.

FWIW, I watched Wright closely in the last pre-season game against Crows. First 3 quarters were embarrassing from him, the last quarter was good. Personally, I would also play Day ahead of Wright. Difference between them is in effort, contest, pressure, speed (and Day is not fast). Wright slowly jogging around the field, dropping marks constantly, no mongrel and easily pushed aside did not fill me with excitement. I loved his set shot though.

I seem to remember (which is a feat in itself these days) Day chasing down Boomer Harvey on a wing and absolutely nailing him....;)

he’ll be fine. Mason Cox is on 500k and plays 1 good game a season for one of the big powerhouse clubs.

I’m sure Wright can play atleast 2 good ones per year

Remove this Banner Ad

2020 Draft and Trades Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back