Analysis 2020 Fixture - Thoughts and guesses

Remove this Banner Ad

Great double ups. The Thursday and Friday games all at the Gabba is great too.

A first visit to Canberra v GWS though - very good for you!

1 August. It will be freezing.

At least they've learnt not to schedule night games for that time of year.

This is a pretty phenomenal fixture for us. I think we only have three Sunday fixtures all up for the entire year, and only one of those at home. That's only three times having to deal with the extended bench.

Seems to be a heap more away games on Saturday night, a chance to go to Canberra and Hobart, and of course the two Thursday and two Friday night games at the Gabba against Richmond, Collingwood, Melbourne and Hawthorn.

It's much, much better than I'd imagined the AFL would give us. How exciting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a pretty phenomenal fixture for us. I think we only have three Sunday fixtures all up for the entire year, and only one of those at home. That's only three times having to deal with the extended bench.

Seems to be a heap more away games on Saturday night, a chance to go to Canberra and Hobart, and of course the two Thursday and two Friday night games at the Gabba against Richmond, Collingwood, Melbourne and Hawthorn.

It's much, much better than I'd imagined the AFL would give us. How exciting.

I reckon we might end up regretting that fixturing. Hobart and Canberra in mid-winter are about as far as you can get from Brisbane weather and still be in Australia.

Funny how Bombers get 6 Thursday Friday games, Hawks 5, Dogs 5, we finished above them all.
Historically Victorians appears to be more likely to get out and support these games. I'll be interested to see what kind of crowd numbers we get this year for those games.

Only took them 8 years! Plus compared to Bruce stadium Manuka at least doesn't funnel the cold wind directly into the crowd.
Only played them in Sydney once in the first six years as well. First time they played twice was in 2018. The Canberra game this year makes it 25% in Canberra, not that far off the 27% of games GWS plays there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2020 Fixture - Thoughts and guesses

Remove this Banner Ad

Back