Analysis 2020 Fixture - Thoughts and guesses

Remove this Banner Ad

Given we can get 3-1-1 or 2-2-1 (top, middle, bottom 6) I've had a go at our best and worst draws and guesstimated who's nice to face and who isn't...

Our worst case draw: Richmond, West Coast, Collingwood, Dogs or Essendon, Melbourne

Best case: Geelong, Gws, North, Adelaide/Port, GC

Given we can get 3-1-1 or 2-2-1 (top, middle, bottom 6) I've had a go at our best and worst draws and guesstimated who's nice to face and who isn't...

Our worst case draw: Richmond, West Coast, Collingwood, Dogs or Essendon, Melbourne

Best case: Geelong, Gws, North, Adelaide/Port, GC
Given we’re locked in to play GC every year, you need to adjust your worst case draw.

Are we though? I agree it's highly likely but it wouldn't suprise me if we're good, that the big Vic boys complain about our percentage boosting advantage...reaaaallly wouldn't suprise me to see it gone for a year I'm 2020/2021.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're right. Cue the Vic clubs complaining if we belt them twice and get a percentage boost. You heard it here first.
Can't see that one getting any traction given it hasn't happened for Sydney smashing GWS twice a year or West Coast smashing Fremantle twice a year when Freo was really useless.

Edit: I'm sure eventually there will be at least one 'article' or mention on a show or something that this board will blow out of proportion, simply based off statistics but nothing actually meaningful.

Can't see that one getting any traction given it hasn't happened for Sydney smashing GWS twice a year or West Coast smashing Fremantle twice a year when Freo was really useless.

Edit: I'm sure eventually there will be at least one 'article' or mention on a show or something that this board will blow out of proportion, simply based off statistics but nothing actually meaningful.
Personally I think GC will be much more competitive next year anyway.

2xThursday AND 2xFriday night games all at the Gabba is a great result.

I was hoping we'd get a big Friday night game at the MCG or something but still happy if that is our allocation in those slots.

The good draw is to have the harder teams at home that way the away games are more winnable.

It all evens out though, the difference between a "hard" and "easy" draw isn't as big as some in the media make it out to be.

If 1xThurs is Pies and 1xFriday is Tigers, I'm going to guess the others will be out of Geelong/Essendon/West Coast.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2020 Fixture - Thoughts and guesses

Remove this Banner Ad

Back