Play Nice 2020 Pre-Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

He probs shouldn't have played hide the sausage with someone else's GF/Ex-GF? Hard to be a valued member of the team when half the boys aren't super impressed by your moral compass...

Seriously? I can’t see JLo giving two shi#* what Blakley does in his free time. His kicking and decision making was poor last week ergo he’s out. Same with Matera. I find it refreshing after seeing Ross gift players games too often imo. Sends a message to the boys. Better bring your A game or your out. If you want to be a great team you need to establish a culture of a winning team. I love it.

JLo to Blakley: “What have you done for me lately?”

Blakley: “Uhhhhh.”

JLo: “Go on and find yourself a seat son.”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Seriously? I can’t see JLo giving two shi#* what Blakley does in his free time. His kicking and decision making was poor last week ergo he’s out. Same with Matera. I find it refreshing after seeing Ross gift players games too often imo. Sends a message to the boys. Better bring your A game or your out. If you want to be a great team you need to establish a culture of a winning team. I love it.

Well said

Attention Mods : we need the double like button

Really does feel like a weight has been lifted with Ross gone
To be honest It has been very good with the vibe I am getting since Ross and Steve have left and the media has been a step up too. Now i don't know whether that is due to Ross or Steve or a combination but it does definately feel like a big step in the right direction.

To be honest It has been very good with the vibe I am getting since Ross and Steve have left and the media has been a step up too. Now i don't know whether that is due to Ross or Steve or a combination but it does definately feel like a big step in the right direction.
I think it helps too that we are equal top of the ladder at the moment. I can imagine the usual suspects will be up and about baying for blood when we start losing games.

But it is nice while it lasts!

I think it helps too that we are equal top of the ladder at the moment. I can imagine the usual suspects will be up and about baying for blood when we start losing games.

Yep doesn’t matter who the coach is there’s and an agenda from certain journalists in this state.

It's preseason, everyone is generally euphoric.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah that weight of going to our first GF was just too much to bear :rolleyes:
If anything was too much too bear it was definitely the sexual harassment claim.

Glad he's gone, that's not the sort of baggage you want to carry and it shouldn't be tolerated.

Can we forget Ross already? Let's get back to some preseason chat.

I reckon Belly would because we’d still want to maintain some sense of family values. Footy’s not just for blokes.

To clarify I mean the clubs media not the "outside noise"

If anything was too much too bear it was definitely the sexual harassment claim.

Glad he's gone, that's not the sort of baggage you want to carry and it shouldn't be tolerated.

Can we forget Ross already? Let's get back to some preseason chat.
So we can bag RTB as long as we mention pre season training?

So, training...

Went down this morning even though there was no scheduled session. Grabbed a coffee from Electric Bean and headed to my spot on the "rehab bank".

The rehab / modified training group were:
  • Alex Pearce - looks really fit and mobile, was doing a lot of agility work sprinkled in with some kicking and some laps
  • David Mundy - same as Alex Pearce, they look to be at about the same stage. Both look like they could play tomorrow, but obviuously have some boxes left to tick off
  • Stefan Giro - He is really starting to ramp up his running volumes. At one stage they were running fartlec laps and his sprints were really swift. Something tells me he is a way off yet, and probably not best 22 in any event.
  • Hayden Young - Mostly running laps with some kick to kick thrown in. His body language doesn't look really upbeat to me and he was gazing longingly at the guys doing full field sims. I don't know if he is unhappy because he thinks he should be in the main group or he is more injured than we know.
  • Nathan Wilson - working with Alex Pearce and Dave Mundy but to me he looks a bit behind those guys, just a gut feeling.
  • Sam Switkowski - mainly just running laps, and kick to kick but was told no more than 30 metre kicks. Still a ways off by the look of it.
  • Leno Thomas - OK, I try to not bag out our players, but I think there might be an attitude problem with Leno. Quite apart from the recent DUI, he just doesn't look as engage as most of the guys do. At one stage the trainer sent him off to put some footy boots on - surely he would know what footwear he needs. Then in a kick to kick with Switta, he really looked as if he didn't care if the ball went to Switta or not. Maybe he's just that kind of guy, but he doesn't scream dedication to me.
It wasn't a full training outside session, I suspect they went into the gym for the majority of it. What they did was some end-to-end drills with short (15 - 20m) kicks coming out of the back line, lots of players running past, then long kicks into the forward line to a leading player. I think the players had been told to "express themselves" because it didn't seem to serious and at times there were some very low percentage plays. Fyfe on a couple of occasions flew for the mark, but rather than taking the mar tapped it directly to a player running past at full tilt. I saw him do it perfectly with Schultz at one stage then tried with (I think) Matera and it didn't come off. All in all I think it was about having fun and bonding rather than a serious skills session.

So, training...

[*]Sam Switkowski - mainly just running laps, and kick to kick but was told no more than 30 metre kicks. Still a ways off by the look of it.

Do you think this was managing his load or just reminding him how far he can kick it??

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice 2020 Pre-Season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Back