Training 2020 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately this year's media and information standards have been awful by the club. How we reached 20K membership by Christmas is a miracle.

Meant to say this pre-season. As a general observation it has been a pretty disappointing effort from our club.

Thinking ahead and putting the relevant information on the website before they go?

The training schedule must be known so people know when to come back and where they will be etc..
Actually no. They know when to come back from holiday but venues & times are not confirmed.

And from a cursory look at all the other clubs official sites only GCS has gone to any effort to map out the preseason yet. Most are in AFLW mode or reminiscing.
GC’s media team really stepped it up last season, and have carried in to the preseason.

This goes for any sport and club. If you don’t have a good social media team and engagement these days, you’re losing fans to your rivals, because people go looking for such content. And if they don’t find it, they start looking elsewhere. And that’s when you start losing the casual fan, and more importantly the younger generation.

Thinking ahead and putting the relevant information on the website before they go?

The training schedule must be known so people know when to come back and where they will be etc..
You missed the sarcasm as he was complaining about the media this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair to the club, it did shut down throughout the Xmas / New Year period like most corporate businesses, which it communicated to members at the very least, so I think a fair bit of slack should be given to them for any lack of content etc. throughout this period.

The pressure will be on Alex from the start to keep his spot so I also hope he starts strong and continues to get better throughout the season.

This moment might be the making of Witho, as he has pretty much taken responsibility for what happened and analyze what went wrong, where he misjudged. It's fantastic to see he's using it as motivation to improve further.

Just shows the extent of what online bullying and harassment does to young players. Social media presence and the stigma of having negative things written about you are very real.
Couldn't agree more...one of the reasons I detest reference to players as "duds" and "list cloggers" etc. At the end of the day, all of our players are young men with feelings and emotions and families and loved ones, all trying to do their very best and play out their dream of being an AFL player at the Lions.

Couldn't agree more...one of the reasons I detest reference to players as "duds" and "list cloggers" etc. At the end of the day, all of our players are young men with feelings and emotions and families and loved ones, all trying to do their very best and play out their dream of being an AFL player at the Lions.

Duds or list cloggers sadly is far from the worst terms I've seen. Personally I'd like to see all derogatory names used for players banned. Some exceptions obviously like saying a player had a crap game etc but nothing abusive

Duds or list cloggers sadly is far from the worst terms I've seen. Personally I'd like to see all derogatory names used for players banned. Some exceptions obviously like saying a player had a crap game etc but nothing abusive

Some of the things said about players can be pretty saddening. For instance, I've seen some players publicly referred to as 'Collingwood magpies', which must be very upsetting for their families

Some of the things said about players can be pretty saddening. For instance, I've seen some players publicly referred to as 'Collingwood magpies', which must be very upsetting for their families
Would much prefer to be referred to as a ‘Brisbane Lion’.

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2020 Preseason

Remove this Banner Ad

Back