List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

I've read in various places about us wanting AA as a replacement for Westhoff and his versatility. Hopefully that's just media crap, throwing him around doesn't seem like the right use for him at all.
Strange as it sounds I see him as more of a replacement for the role we were hoping Watts would play.

The way he played that one good game vs the Demons is exactly what we have needed

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Is there a reason why Jason Cripps doesn't do the trade negotiations anymore?
He does, doesn’t he..just CD does the media

Is there a reason why Jason Cripps doesn't do the trade negotiations anymore?
He just doesn’t do any media... come to think of it since he spouted that we were confident of getting Lukosious and Rankine once their 2 years are up, he hasn’t been seen in the media much. Could be a coincidence.

Blues gave in to dodoros ridiculous demand for pick 8. They should have told him to get f’ed
Thats not correct, they have always had pick #8 earmarked for Saad, but they had wanted a 2nd round pick to come back their way. They have settled for pick 48 instead, after the two other picks 78, and 87 basically cancel themselves out.

Reported some days ago on afl.com ...

CARLTON is preparing to bide its time on a move for Adam Saad.

The Blues have offered Essendon their choice of either pick No.8 or a future first-round selection for Saad, but are refusing to budge from their stance of receiving a second-round pick packaged alongside the Bombers speedster.

If Sydney are really desperate for cap space and admit they aren't going to be contenders in 2021 & 2022, then given we supposedly have the most or second most cap space, is if I was in CD's position I'd be tempted to be offering Sydney a cap saver. How important is it to get Buddy's salary off the books? I'm sure we could afford to pay Buddy his full salary 2021/2022 without it impacting our other contracts.

Port in : Buddy.
Sydney in : Pick 35.

Dixon, Buddy in 2021 and 2022 would push us to true contenders. It'd only be for 2 years, so Mitch G can develop and build his body ready for when Buddy is gone.

Of course Buddy is also a marketing tool for Sydney and he's happy there (the city as well as the club), but nothing ventured nothing gained.

Thats not correct, they have always had pick #8 earmarked for Saad, but they had wanted a 2nd round pick to come back their way. They have settled for pick 48 instead, after the two other picks 78, and 87 basically cancel themselves out.

Reported some days ago on afl.com ...

CARLTON is preparing to bide its time on a move for Adam Saad.

The Blues have offered Essendon their choice of either pick No.8 or a future first-round selection for Saad, but are refusing to budge from their stance of receiving a second-round pick packaged alongside the Bombers speedster.

carlton reportedly tried to split the pick, then offered it asking for a 2nd rounder coming back.

The pick 48 they settled for is a fairly nothing pick in this draft.

I didn’t realise it was a line tbh, my comment was said in jest.. probably should’ve included an emoji there somewhere.

What line was the joking in? The part about Cripps not showing his face anymore?

Cause the thing about Cripps saying we would get luko and rankine was a media beat up that never happened. From memory he said we would monitor them as all teams monitor players and cue outrage etc etc.

to even see port supporters float it as if fact is annoying. If we can’t even get shit right how the hell can we expect others not to be morons?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you reckon if he was in this years draft a club would take Saad in the top 10? Not a chance. I have no idea why Carlton didn’t try to split pick 8 into 2 picks.
Knowing that his career pans out exactly the same way? Absolutely guarantee it.

Probably too early to definitively call, but the following recent top 10 picks look like busts: Chayce Jones (9), Dow (3), Setterfield (5), Brodie (9)

Heck, just look back to the 2014 draft, with 5 of the top 10 picks either delisted or traded for peanuts: Paddy McCartin (1), Jarrod Pickett (4), Paul Ahern (7), Peter Wright (8), Nakia Cockatoo (10), with the 2013 top 10 fairing almost as badly, too.

Of course, the other part of the argument is that in this particular deal Carlton/Essendon aren't saying that Saad's absolute player value is pick 8. It's a (relatively) free market, and Carlton have decided they need experienced players of Saad's type more than they need another top 10 draft pick. So it's up to Essendon to set the price and Carlton to decided if he's worth it - which they evidently have, taking (I assume) into account the range of players available in this draft, the range of players willing to be traded, and the needs of their list.

Id love to have the c4 account for just one day in the final days of the trade period and just run rampant.

"Nat Fyfe getting traded for Selwood + Guthrie in the next hour!"

Etc etc

Aliir has been delisted by Port :(

Aliir's not coming to Port because I ate him!

a2a799627de883d95c75594e7ef23a2e

Jars's mail...

1605067435554.png

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2020 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back