Live Event 2021 AFL Draft live discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

That was meh. Gibcus aside that draft sucked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They haven't played a game yet mate. Give the kids a shot. They're playing out a dream, They're playing in the Y&B and deserve the support. I would have liked another midfielder but we need to give these kids a chance.

Individually, the players we’ve picked themselves sound like they’re pretty good.

Collectively though, I don’t really think the mix makes sense for us. We still lack KPF depth and we still have bad midfield depth. I don’t really see what the point of having 5 picks in the top 30 was if we weren’t going to improve in those areas
That final game against Hawthorn has convinced them of the current midfielders on the list.

Look forward to being completely ****ed when Riewoldt retires or one of he or Lynch get injured.

I’m a bit puzzled at the types we drafted if im being honest

I think its a fair assessment.

Gibcus & Sonsie made a world of sense, but the other 3 fitted the type i felt we were loaded on - we have excellent role players moving forward over the next decade. Tall fws, Mids & maybe even a ruckman seemed required

Well..Clarke reaches for multiple kids every year to try and outsmart everyone.

And none of our kids since 2017 have proven anything. Go back and look at our selections. Dow considered a reach, Ross, RCD considered a reach, CCJ gone, Cumberland gone, etc.
People melted last year when we didn’t even take a first round pick.

It is the way of things and long shall it remain.

People acting like the players we picked this draft will actually play next year lol Something would have to go horrifically wrong for any of these guys to get significant time/games over the next 2 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the 18th-in-clearances midfielders you mean?

Yeah while missing most of our midfield from round 3 onwards our ruckman for the whole season and our other ruckman for half the season. Was only 13 months ago we smashed every other finals side in clearances.

Well..Clarke reaches for multiple kids every year to try and outsmart everyone.

And none of our kids since 2017 have proven anything. Go back and look at our selections. Dow considered a reach, Ross, RCD considered a reach, CCJ gone, Cumberland gone, etc.

You know what else we’ve done since 2017, won 3 flags and made a prelim. Not a lot of chances for those kids to prove a lot.

Tom Green and Tim Taranto are going to look great in Richmond jumpers in 2023...🤩

so many sooks in here.

These so called players we should have picked...

Well guess what all other clubs are passing on these players as well. I will back our club in over people watching some you tube videos and what Knightmare rates.

Very excited by what we just picked up.
Lets not look at what they play in their juniors but what maybe the club will turn them into.

Gibcus could play forward,Naughton was drafted as a defender and if Gibcus becomes just as good im very excited by him climbing above packs in our forward 50.

Brown can play wing and can run all day and looks like he has some speed to burn

Sonsie this time last year was touted as pick 1.

Banks looks like he can play mid as well and is a good user of the ball

Clarke wowee with that pace. If you ask me another weakness for us last season was our small forwards. If Clarke can come on him MRJ will create havoc in our forward line and create turnovers at will. Can finish as well

People acting like the players we picked this draft will actually play next year lol Something would have to go horrifically wrong for any of these guys to get significant time/games over the next 2 years.

Sonsie should be able to play early ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Live Event 2021 AFL Draft live discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back