List Mgmt. 2021 draft pool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe the true bargains are in the 20's & 30's
There is a good list of 40 players with decent exposed form from all the way since they were 16. The recruiters at clubs would know a bit about the kids and the trick would be to pick the right kids out of that 30/40 that has the potential to make it in the AFL
Agree there will be bargains in the 10’s, 20’s and 30’s as well, along with the busts.
Point is with less exposed form than usual it’s more of a raffle than usual.
16’s formguide not nearly as good as a full TAC CUP season for Vic kids.
I don’t follow kids closely at all but in recent years I believe Taranto and Oliver were definitely kids that rocketed up the draft order on the back of what they showed in the backend of their TAC year. Proven to be worthy top 5 picks. In the coming draft these guys could get picked up in the teens, and it flows on from there down the draft order.
RFC recognize increased risk which is one reason why they are trying to trade up into top 5 or so picks. It’s also a reason why they traded for future picks last year due to compromised exposed form last year as well.
Anyway hopefully our recruiters pick better than others!!

Agree, it’s a crap year to have 5 picks in top 30 because of the lack of exposed form.
There will be big bargains in the 40’s and 50’s and more busts than usual in top 30 picked.
That is why we have tried to trade up into top 5 or so.

It’s not crap! It’s a glass half full not empty. Our five picks will net A , B , C graders all with currency . They will be in the top 28 picks.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We've already traded out of the first round last year, I'd be very disappointed if we delay getting more young talent again by trading out again.

- A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
Yeah I get a bit over this let's trade our first into next year's cause next year is a " superdraft " thingy..I mean with that philosophy when do you actually draft some kids in and start training them

If we don’t trade up/down or out
My wishful 5 picks-
Hobbs(9)inside mid,
Sinn(17)pacey mid/def, Bazzo(30)key Def,
Long(31)tall mid,
Curtis(32)classy forward/mid.
Hope we don’t trade out for next year with our first 4 picks.

It’s not crap! It’s a glass half full not empty. Our five picks will net A , B , C graders all with currency . They will be in the top 28 picks.

Perhaps I clarify, not talking about quality of players, talking about quality of info recruiters have to identify talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cal Twomey's October Power rankings out

1 Nick Daicos
2 Jason Horne-Francis
3 Sam Darcy
4 Finn Callaghan
5 Ben Hobbs
6 Josh Ward
7 Josh Gibcus
8 Josh Rachele
9 Mac Andrew
10 Neil Erasmus
11 Jye Amiss
12 Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera
13 Josh Sinn
14 Matthew Johnson
15 Arlo Draper
16 Tyler Sonsie
17 Josh Goater
18 Sam Butler
19 Darcy Wilmot
20 Jesse Motlop
21 Jacob Van Rooyen
22 Campbell Chesser
23 Tom Brown
24 Toby Conway
25 Zac Taylor
26 Josh Fahey
27 Matthew Roberts
28 Blake Howes
29 Marcus Windhagen
30 Mitchito Owens
31 Connor MacDonald
32 Mitch Knevitt
33 Rhett Bazzo
34 Jack Williams
35 Judson Clarke

Cal Twomey's October Power rankings out

1 Nick Daicos
2 Jason Horne-Francis
3 Sam Darcy
4 Finn Callaghan
5 Ben Hobbs
6 Josh Ward
7 Josh Gibcus
8 Josh Rachele
9 Mac Andrew
10 Neil Erasmus
11 Jye Amiss
12 Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera
13 Josh Sinn
14 Matthew Johnson
15 Arlo Draper
16 Tyler Sonsie
17 Josh Goater
18 Sam Butler
19 Darcy Wilmot
20 Jesse Motlop
21 Jacob Van Rooyen
22 Campbell Chesser
23 Tom Brown
24 Toby Conway
25 Zac Taylor
26 Josh Fahey
27 Matthew Roberts
28 Blake Howes
29 Marcus Windhagen
30 Mitchito Owens
31 Connor MacDonald
32 Mitch Knevitt
33 Rhett Bazzo
34 Jack Williams
35 Judson Clarke

interesting call…

id be pretty stoked if both Bazzo and Knevitt were available at 26,27,28
…but picking Bazzo will depend on who we pick/ who is available at 7 & 15

if Gibcus is there at 7 …id be more than fine with that

Can't see that likely since 2022 does not look to be much chop

Monday at 1:10 PM
nov.PNG

I lied last night, immediately after saying I'll wait a while I went and made this top 20, terribly sorry for the lying.
This is what I've got so far, but i'm trying to hunt down footage of both the country v metro games because it feels really light on for Victorians as you'd expect. I'm not sure this is too different to anyone else, happy to answer questions as usual. What I will say is there was a fair I rotated through 18-20 as well, I really heavily considered guys like; Paul Pascu, Adam D'Aloia, Jed Hagan, Jonti Schuback, Mitchell Rowe, Luke Teal, Matthew Jefferson, Cody Harrington, Jack Cleaver, Darcy Jones and Jaiden Magor, so I'm expecting that my 20 will change a bit before Round 1 next year as I watch some more over the summer (more an 'if' I watch some more)

I'm not confident enough yet to call this a 'super draft' like some people are, but it obviously looks promising when there's that many talls in a top 20 and plenty more that have shown promise and would appear in some other top 20's, looks like 200cm+ forwards are going to become far more common soon enough.

*Not where I think they'll go but how I rate them heading in, my rankings are a combination of ceiling + likelihood to be long term best 22 players here

Looking at these comments from PM Bangers it certainly sounds like a crap draft in 2022 doesn't it !!. No offence but I think I will take his judgment over yours.

Monday at 1:10 PM
nov.PNG

I lied last night, immediately after saying I'll wait a while I went and made this top 20, terribly sorry for the lying.
This is what I've got so far, but i'm trying to hunt down footage of both the country v metro games because it feels really light on for Victorians as you'd expect. I'm not sure this is too different to anyone else, happy to answer questions as usual. What I will say is there was a fair I rotated through 18-20 as well, I really heavily considered guys like; Paul Pascu, Adam D'Aloia, Jed Hagan, Jonti Schuback, Mitchell Rowe, Luke Teal, Matthew Jefferson, Cody Harrington, Jack Cleaver, Darcy Jones and Jaiden Magor, so I'm expecting that my 20 will change a bit before Round 1 next year as I watch some more over the summer (more an 'if' I watch some more)

I'm not confident enough yet to call this a 'super draft' like some people are, but it obviously looks promising when there's that many talls in a top 20 and plenty more that have shown promise and would appear in some other top 20's, looks like 200cm+ forwards are going to become far more common soon enough.

*Not where I think they'll go but how I rate them heading in, my rankings are a combination of ceiling + likelihood to be long term best 22 players here

Looking at these comments from PM Bangers it certainly sounds like a crap draft in 2022 doesn't it !!. No offence but I think I will take his judgment over yours.
This year we should ignore kp's.Just go mid/Flankers.
KP goldmine by the looks of it next year.

Matthew Johnson looks a player - any chance he slides to 15? I think WCE could be the threat
I doubt that he'll get to our pick 17, one of the reasons I'd love us to get Essendon or StKilda's 1st round pick would be to get him
Eagles may still be favouring him with their 1st though so Essendon's may not be enough anyway
Though even if we still missed him, someone like NWM would be another in this range who I think would be a great fit for us as well were we to get either of those two picks

Last edited:
If we don’t trade up/down or out
My wishful 5 picks-
Hobbs(9)inside mid,
Sinn(17)pacey mid/def, Bazzo(30)key Def,
Long(31)tall mid,
Curtis(32)classy forward/mid.
Hope we don’t trade out for next year with our first 4 picks.

I like your selections. I’d love to get Josh Ward, however, I like all your other suggestions very much especially Josh Sinn

I normally have Kmac in my best 22 but do we think he's still there? Couldn't we use Titch and Lambert on the wings?

People have even suggested Short which isn't a bad idea as he runs all day, but I'd be concerned about his lack of ability to take an overhead mark.

Here's a revised 22 provided things go to plan on draft night and we get, say, Ward and Sinn.

Grimes, Tarrant, Broad
Vlastuin, Balta, Short
Edwards, Cotchin, Lambert
Bolton, Riewoldt, Martin
Stack, Lynch, Baker
Nankervis, Prestia, Graham
Soldo, Rioli, Ward, Sinn

Doesn't that look spicy?

I normally have Kmac in my best 22 but do we think he's still there? Couldn't we use Titch and Lambert on the wings?

People have even suggested Short which isn't a bad idea as he runs all day, but I'd be concerned about his lack of ability to take an overhead mark.

Here's a revised 22 provided things go to plan on draft night and we get, say, Ward and Sinn.

Grimes, Tarrant, Broad
Vlastuin, Balta, Short
Edwards, Cotchin, Lambert
Bolton, Riewoldt, Martin
Stack, Lynch, Baker
Nankervis, Prestia, Graham
Soldo, Rioli, Ward, Sinn

Doesn't that look spicy?
Can't see Edwards playing on a wing. You reckon Ward and/or Sinn or any other drafted mid for that matter would come in ahead of RCD?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 draft pool.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back