List Mgmt. 2021 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s annoying though that we had to take Marra as pick one last year and now Darcy pick two, while some of the GWS academy picks fell, and of course the Viney draft tampering.
Players who are seen as the next Buddy Franklin or are agile 205 cm and can play Ruck and Key position are not going to slide. I genuinely forget who were the GWS players who slid ? Were they key position players in the mould of Marra or Darcy ?

Coming out of it with enough points and a future second would be a decent result.
Seriously, not enough credit given to Sammy Power and team for getting the deals done to cover Darcy bid and getting picks. Now lets nail those picks. I hoping for a KPD or/ and Ruck and /or a crumbing forward. If the names mentioned above are whar we are after and get that would be excellent.

So..
Cats get 23 and give up 34 + future 2nd
North get 34 and give up 42 + 47
Dogs get 42 + 47 + future 2nd give up 23

Seem plausible?
Seems about right.

I reckon that's a great result for us.23 was getting absorbed anyway so having a leftover of substantial value in 2022 is the way to go

If Geelong slide a little to midtable next year (not unreasonable given their lack of young talent coming through), a future 2nd will be 25-30 in a strong draft. Not bad 'left overs' from 23.

Plus it'd be great to get that little bit of extra joy and direct benefit from each Geelong loss next year

So..
Cats get 23 and give up 34 + future 2nd
North get 34 and give up 42 + 47
Dogs get 42 + 47 + future 2nd give up 23

Seem plausible?
23 = 815 points

42 = 395 + 47 = 316 = 711 points. That's a net reduction, will that be enough to cover a pick 2 bid?

Maybe something like...

23 to Geelong for 32 & 34
43/44/45 to North for a future 3rd & 71

We'd use 32, 34, 43/44/45 and 52 matching Darcy.

Enough picks ahead of 43/44/45 will get eaten up by the Darcy & Daicos bids to bring them into the front of the 3rd round..

The main flaw with this scenario is it would only leave us with pick 71 (which would probably move up to about 60 eventually). But who knows if we want back into the middle of the draft anyway.

23 = 815 points

42 = 395 + 47 = 316 = 711 points. That's a net reduction, will that be enough to cover a pick 2 bid?
42 + 43 + 44 + 45 + 47 + 52 would give us enough points with about 30 points surplus.
Seems like a pretty neat equation to me.

I am so excited for tonight.. but have work and won’t be watching live so a bit annoyed! Will try and sneak a cheeky glance here and there to see how we live trade at 2, but I think it will be incredibly interesting viewing. Side note, I reckon there is a whole heap of value in this draft due to lack of exposure for a lot of the prospects. Even more intrigued for Thursday to see who we snatch with our later selections. Anticipating us to continue on our recent trend of targeting quick smalls to fill out our list.

Seriously, not enough credit given to Sammy Power and team for getting the deals done to cover Darcy bid and getting picks. Now lets nail those picks. I hoping for a KPD or/ and Ruck and /or a crumbing forward. If the names mentioned above are whar we are after and get that would be excellent.
If we end up trading 23 for 42, 47 + a future 2nd as expected, Power will have effectively turned pick 17, Lipinski and Young into pick 2 and a future 2nd.
That is loaves and fish level trading.

I am so excited for tonight.. but have work and won’t be watching live so a bit annoyed! Will try and sneak a cheeky glance here and there to see how we live trade at 2, but I think it will be incredibly interesting viewing. Side note, I reckon there is a whole heap of value in this draft due to lack of exposure for a lot of the prospects. Even more intrigued for Thursday to see who we snatch with our later selections. Anticipating us to continue on our recent trend of targeting quick smalls to fill out our list.
its painful to watch - a lot of huff. It's worse on the radio, last year there was an ad after every selection.

Correct
Meaning we only have to use 4 picks to secure him while keeping our picks in the 40s

Edit: 4 picks instead of 5

Not sure what you're trying to say here? There's no way we can keep our picks in the 40s in virtually any scenario?

Even if we were to trade 23 to Geelong for 30 and 32 (which wouldn't happen) we STILL need to use those two, PLUS 43, 44 & 45 to match the bid. There's a fair excess, but they're all used.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we end up trading 23 for 42, 47 + a future 2nd as expected, Power will have effectively turned pick 17, Lipinski and Young into pick 2 and a future 2nd.
That is loaves and fish level trading.

That doesn't give us enough points (1798, well shy of the 2014 required)....

Not sure what you're trying to say here? There's no way we can keep our picks in the 40s in virtually any scenario?

Even if we were to trade 23 to Geelong for 30 and 32 (which wouldn't happen) we STILL need to use those two, PLUS 43, 44 & 45 to match the bid. There's a fair excess, but they're all used.
There is also Daicos bid which will bump us back up a few

With the discount we need 2104 points

If we get 30, 32 and 34 for Pick 23

Picks: 30,32,34 and 43 = 2133 Points

Leaving with us having Picks 44, 45 and 52

With the discount we need 2104 points

If we get 30, 32 and 34 for Pick 23

Picks: 30,32,34 and 43 = 2133 Points

Leaving with us having Picks 44, 45 and 52
In what world is a club giving up three draft picks in order to get one which is slightly higher.

42 + 43 + 44 + 45 + 47 + 52 would give us enough points with about 30 points surplus.
Seems like a pretty neat equation to me.
Here's a left-field option
If the deal is a future second and late picks as posted.
We need 2104 points (pick 2 = 2517 -20% discount)
42 = 395
43 = 378
44 = 362
45 = 347
47 = 316
52 = 246

Total: 2044

60 points short.

However - the different in points totals is greater than 60 points all the way down to pick 12 (for the 2022 draft), meaning if we have a pick at 12 or higher than points deficit wouldn't be enough to actually downgrade our pick. Otherwise we have a pick in the teens and lose only one spot in the draft.

We take the extra second with our 2022 1st and second and trade up into the top 12 to avoid the deficit impacting an early pick. It also increases the chances that we have a live first round pick in 2022 before any bid of Croft's kid occurs.
These are the sorts of scenarios I expect Sammy Power has mapped out in detail.

North won't bid on Daicos, and the Darcy bid is coming at 2. Nothing happens with our picks to move them forward.
Yes it does. If Daicos bid comes at 4, Collingwood must match, removing some of their selections from the draft, thus our 52 or whatever may become 49 or something

42 = 395
43 = 378
44 = 362
45 = 347
47 = 316
52 = 246

60 points short.

However - the different in points totals is greater than 60 points all the way down to pick 12 (for the 2022 draft), meaning if we have a pick at 12 or higher than points deficit wouldn't be enough to actually downgrade our pick. Otherwise we have a pick in the teens and lose only one spot in the draft.

We take the extra second with our 2022 1st and second and trade up into the top 12 to avoid the deficit impacting an early pick. It also increases the chances that we have a live first round pick in 2022 before any bid of Croft's kid occurs.

pick 2 with 20% discount worth 2014 points, so 30 points surplus if we have those picks as one poster mentioned

42 = 395
43 = 378
44 = 362
45 = 347
47 = 316
52 = 246

60 points short.

1637719869044.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2021 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Back