List Mgmt. 2021 Draft Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I understand:

- List size for 2022 is capped at 42 total players (36-38 main list and 4-6 Cat A rookies), plus 2 Cat-B rookies outside of this;
- We currently have 32 players on the main list and 5 Cat-A rookies (Smith, Gardner, Sweet, McNeil, Scott) making a total of 37 main list and Cat-A players. Khamis is a Cat-B rookie.
- With a total of 37 main list and Cat-A players, we have a maximum of 5 main list spots free heading into the draft.
- This means we can use our first 5 draft picks to match a bid on Darcy.

After we take Darcy, we'll have 4 main list spots to fill. Subject to whether we make any other live selections, I presume we'll then upgrade 2-4 rookies to the main list, meaning we'll have that many free slots on the rookie list.

If the trade goes down like it's suggested... Roughly which round will we have picks in?

Will be around 50’s

I think if we can trade in a 2022 2nd rounder we may trade back into 2021 2nd round or package up 2022 picks for a side looking to stock up points for next year

From what I understand:

- List size for 2022 is capped at 42 total players (36-38 main list and 4-6 Cat A rookies), plus 2 Cat-B rookies outside of this;
- We currently have 32 players on the main list and 5 Cat-A rookies (Smith, Gardner, Sweet, McNeil, Scott) making a total of 37 main list and Cat-A players. Khamis is a Cat-B rookie.
- With a total of 37 main list and Cat-A players, we have a maximum of 5 main list spots free heading into the draft.
- This means we can use our first 5 draft picks to match a bid on Darcy.

After we take Darcy, we'll have 4 main list spots to fill. Subject to whether we make any other live selections, I presume we'll then upgrade 2-4 rookies to the main list, meaning we'll have that many free slots on the rookie list.
I don't understand why we didn't delist and re-draft Martin. It's not like anyone else would have poached him.

Or maybe have we done some maneuvering with him to free up 6 list spots for the draft and sign him after?

I don't understand why we didn't delist and re-draft Martin. It's not like anyone else would have poached him.

Or maybe have we done some maneuvering with him to free up 6 list spots for the draft and sign him after?

i'm not sure what we would have gained from doing that? For that to have any benefit for us for bid matching purposes we'd need to have also traded in another pick in the first 4 rounds. Alternatively, if we didn't trade another pick in we would have just been assigned a nominal pick in the 5th round without any attached draft points value, which would presumably just be used to upgrade a rookie anyway.

i'm not sure what we would have gained from doing that? For that to have any benefit for us for bid matching purposes we'd need to have also traded in another pick in the first 4 rounds. Alternatively, if we didn't trade another pick in we would have just been assigned a nominal pick in the 5th round without any attached draft points value, which would presumably just be used to upgrade a rookie anyway.
The benefit is the list spots - not any particular draft pick.
If we have 6 list spots we can accumulate more low value picks than if we only have 5 list spots.

If we redrafted Martin on the main list, would we have to give him a fresh 2 year contract?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brady Rawlings checking his IG.
The other blokes are just sitting around

Remove this Banner Ad

Back