2021 Formula One Season: Championship Decider Abu Dhabi - Verstappen Wins in a Controversial Race! 🏆 🍾

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not in a position to watch but from the descriptions the conditions sound horrendous.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

From the driver cameras we saw you could not see the car in front at all.

Verstappen is saying it's fine but he only has to contend with the safety car's spray.

It's the right decision as Ricciardo just said on the radio.

RBR trying to find the loophole to get Perez back into the race

It did not get to the grid under its own power like the other 19 cars. Every team would protest if Perez was allowed to start.

Not sure if posted before, but while we wait (or like me, heading to bed)...

Transcript (when asked about the rain delay break):

I'm glad I went to the toilet. The one I went to, someone had dropped a crazy bomb in there. The worst thing ever. It's going to haunt me for life.

I'm starting to think this race will be abandoned.

It did not get to the grid under its own power like the other 19 cars. Every team would protest if Perez was allowed to start.

#blessed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

get in there poois

No. They need to be able to see the whole of the track, in the sector for which they are responsible. If they can't see the next mashall station, then they obviously can't see all of their section of track. If they can't see a part of their section, they can't report if something happens in that section - and that's an unacceptable safety risk.

Remove this Banner Ad

2021 Formula One Season: Championship Decider Abu Dhabi - Verstappen Wins in a Controversial Race! 🏆 🍾

Remove this Banner Ad

Back